News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which other weekends will you be attending?

Started by anne of oaktower, July 08, 2008, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

Greetings, all!  GLMF was a blast on opening day.  Great to see so many friends there and to meet many, many new ones.  (I regret missing the morning tailgate!)

So, which other weekends will any of you be in attendance?  At this point, I believe that Brogan (Michael) and I will be going on the 19th and/or 20th.

If any of you stayed in a hotel/motel/campground (cabin), please let me know where, and what you thought of it.  We will be looking for somewhere to stay for at least one night, possibly two.  We don't need anything fancy...cheap is good...clean is a must.  One bed and a bathroom will suffice.  A coffeemaker and/or a fridge would be an added bonus.  Food nearby would be nice.

Look forward to seeing everyone again soon!
A/O

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

A/O, I stayed at the Howard Johnson's 7 miles up from Faire on SR534 just the other side of the interstate.  The room did not have a fridge although I did not request one, it did have a coffee maker and they served continental breakfast starting at 6:30am.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

BeerBlessings

I'll be at all of them.. Just look for the white priest robes!

I'm planning on missing one day this run: July 19th, because I'm splitting the weekend with the Cleveland Irish Festival.

DuCoeur

Ann we will be there on at least one of those days.  I am so glad you made it up to GLMF.  I hope you did not find me exaterating when I said how wonderful it was.

Hope to see you soon.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

anne of oaktower

Lady Mikayla...thank you so much for the info...and the contraband   ;)  What a pleasure to finally meet you!

BeerBlessings...I'll be watching for you on the 20th then and look forward to making your acquaintance. 

DuCoeur...it always a pleasure to see you again!  Can't wait to come back in a couple of weeks...I'll be watching for you!

DuCoeur

BTW I will be there on Sunday....oh and syrac will also.

Yaaaay. Another day in the woods playing with my friends.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: anne of oaktower on July 09, 2008, 10:59:48 PM
Lady Mikayla...thank you so much for the info...and the contraband   ;)  What a pleasure to finally meet you!

That's what we do in the south Honey, we run the 'shine!  You are most welcome!   ;) ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

DuCoeur

Scarlett

After much back and forth and blah blah blah, Morwyn and I have been able to schedule our second jaunt to Avaloch this coming Saturday, 7/19.  Celtic weekend.  Then we'll be back on closing weekend.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

anne of oaktower

I'll be sure to look for you.  Michael and I are planning on being there both days  :)

mumsies

I will be there this weekend-19/20...bringing my mom along for this trip, her first time to GLMF....I am sure she will have a great time....see you all soon! Mumsies

DuCoeur

Planning on a Sunday Jaunt.  Hope to see many of you, and Saddened that I will miss Scarlet and Morwyn (pouts).
Guess I will have to save up all of my Shopping til Finale weekend.

Going to be Hot this weekend Kiddies, so dress appropriatly...and stay Hydrated.  See you on sunday morn.

Capt. Morgan

Morwyn, Scarlet, Mumsie (and Mum) on Saturday...Du Couer and Syrac on Sunday...looks like my Social Calendar is filled for the weekend! Can't wait to see you all for Celtic Weekend!!!

Keep cool!

((HUGS))

Me
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

RhiannonThePink

You can add me, Black Matt and GypsyWriter for Saturday and Sunday. We might possibly convince our brother to venture into the shire on Saturday. The heat does pose some concern.

Mumsies-it'll be great to meet your mom. Our mom came along for her first visit last Saturday. She actually enjoyed the downpour.

DuCoeur

Jumping into the shower and starting to get ready...Hope to see many of you in just a few short hours...