News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PAGE 12...Opening Weekend MNRF

Started by SleepyArcher, July 09, 2008, 12:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

This is very true.  We had a couple of very rainy weekends last year.

Muffin

Quote from: groomporter on August 18, 2008, 01:18:02 PM
But last year didn't we have monsoon rains first weekend?

Our sales on first weekend 2007 were the worst we've had since our very first year at MNRF

Along with the rain, fest closed up early on the first Saturday  :o!!!! At 3:00 in the afternoon if I remember right...
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lady Figaro

There was definitely a monsoon last year on Opening Day.  It was nice to have a nice sunny opening weekend!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Rage

A little story, Sort of a you had to be their to get the full effect story.

So LD & I are in the Glade with Renjen. She has the children with and we are all talking suddenly their little girl asked LD why she has a needle in her mouth (Needle being her tongue piercing). Pretty soon there boy is saying that LD could use a plier to pull it out... ;D I am about rotf about this.

So Renjen starts to tell the children what the "needle" is and that adults sometimes get these.

It was so cute but I just couldn't help think (and say out loud) that this was a talk she really should have to have yet with the children.... Sorry Renjen & Sleepy...  ;)

Erynn

They also asked me about my "needle" in my tongue, even though I don't have any piercings. Then they asked if I was a monster due to the horns I was wearing.

(Later on that day I got called a faun, even though I was in normal garb. Strange)

Kiss-me-Kate

Erynn,
LOVED your jester "hat". 

I was emptying a bottle of water into my mug, and a little kid asked me if he could have one.

I told him I was sorry but it is only for the workers and we were out anyways.

Wouldn't you have like to have to proceeds from the bottled water sold on Saturday?

I think I drank two gallons on Saturday.  Glad I brought my own.  I would have gone broke buying it per bottle there.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!