News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PAGE 12...Opening Weekend MNRF

Started by SleepyArcher, July 09, 2008, 12:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenLass

Ok, I'm new to RenFest (two years), but I want to try and get involved in the fest culture. (Is there such a thing??) At any rate, i was wondering if i could show up to breakfast, i just need to know what--if anything--you guys want me to bring. I'm sure i can atleast attempt--if not successfully manage just about anything. I also need to know when you guys are gonna get together.

if nothing else, i hope to see you all at the fest!!

Storm

Welcome aboard GoldenLass...

We love new comers! All our welcome to our breakfasts!

As for what to bring. It's basically a pot luck, bring whatever you like. Just post it and Sleepy will add it too the list.

If by chance you can't make breakfast, you can always find us at 10:00 am at the Mead booth. It's our morning meeting spot every day through out the run of 'fest!..

Look forward to seeing you this year!

Lady_Lily

Depending on what time it is, there is the potential I could possibly sneak out to say hello. Not sure if I'll make it to eat though.

Lord Figaro

We love welcoming new people GoldenLass, even if all you can bring is your own good cheer. That's plenty good enough for us.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Willum Povy

So far I'm planning on being there Friday night also so I should be able to run out reall quick and hang out a bit.   Don't know if I'll have anything foodwise.  Hope to see you all there though!

Marietta Graziella

Willum!  So good to see you!  I hope all is well on your end of the map.

GoldenLass, breakfast is a terrific place to meet some of the MN folk and get involved with the ren fest group.  I can't attest to having any particular culture  ;) but we're a fun, welcoming bunch who love meeting new people.

Where to find us... 
Waiting at the gates for the parking lot to open up

Once into the parking lot, go on the road straight towards the ticket booths (privy's will be on your right), turn left, notice the big oak tree in the middle of the parking lot, there's us!   Sometimes we're organized, sometimes we're wandering about with a skirt in hand trying to relace it.  Oh wait, that was just me. ::)   There is usually an R/F banner somewhere close by, otherwise look for a large group probably tieing each other up.

10:00 at the main mead booth.  NOT the table mead booth behind Bad Manor

Anytime during the day at Mac's Pub for The Dregs.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

daylight

This Fair is to far for me to go, But I sure hope all of you have a wounderl time, put pic up if you have them so those of us can see and fell like we were there with you, Have fun you guys  ;D

Rage

Quote from: GoldenLass on July 31, 2008, 03:16:10 PM
Ok, I'm new to RenFest (two years), but I want to try and get involved in the fest culture. (Is there such a thing??) At any rate, i was wondering if i could show up to breakfast, i just need to know what--if anything--you guys want me to bring. I'm sure i can atleast attempt--if not successfully manage just about anything. I also need to know when you guys are gonna get together.

if nothing else, i hope to see you all at the fest!!

Hi Golden Lass,

I joined the R/F forum last year in July. I had never met anyone in person before that. I showed up at the breakfast (not in garb) and everyone was great. This is a great group of people and as you can see from the other responses you will be welcomed here.

I would say yes there is a fest culture.  ;D

Goody

Quote from: Noble Dreg on July 18, 2008, 08:53:33 AM
Quote from: Goody on July 10, 2008, 09:07:26 AM
I usually dont make opening as it is my hometowns train festival but since I hafta miss a weekend (sign lang sat :() I plan to make it to  opening wearing a new gypsy outfit. will decide on what to bring as it gets closer!

Train Festival???  Did you say Train Festival???

I love trains!  More 'splaning please!

We are essentially a ghost town of what life was like 75 yrs ago in this area but we celebrate it anyway. For those that have seen "my shack along the track" (it was first house built across the tracks 100 yrs ago) imagine a YMCA on the end of my block and a hospital on the end of the next. we usda be boomin!!!

OK back on track... (yeah a train pun! we are the rails mighty mighty rails!) I am not on the list of attendees :(. Maybe I will bring peanut butter cookies, packed individually, to be slipped into a pouch for later partaking?

Sorcha

Rune and I will be there.  And it not Faire Breakfast without scones!

MetheGreat

*yawn* *blink, blink. looks at calendar*

Yipes! I guess I hit snooze on my fest alarm too many times.

Yep. Me'll be there.
Yep. Me'll bring food. Not sure what. (what do you want from me? I just woke up!)

If I can rangle a Ginger of the Dreaded variety, I'll bring her too.

That is, if we dont hit the snooze too many times.

Cant wait to see ya mates!

*off in a hurry to get 'stumes ready*

CelticOne

So its looking like at least 36 people so far for breakfast? Holy moley that's alot, then again this is my first year at opening weekend breakfast so i'm surprised. Should be a fun time, i'm so looking forward to this, and seeing new and old friends alike.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

DeadBishop

I'm guessing this is a record!  Our crowd in the parking lot will be bigger than the one at front gate at this rate... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Marietta Graziella

Me the Great, darlin'!  Tis lovely to see yuh, dear.  Been wonderin' what happen' to yuh over the summer.

Hugs and all that sort!

MG

*I name dropped you on another post...  let me see if I can find it...*

From the "Brush with Greatness" thread in Mundane section

Come to think of it... at MNRF we brush with greatness almost every festival weekend.  Her name?   

Me the Great!

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lord Figaro

Our breakfast meet ups in the morning are becoming the thing of legends I think. At the rate we keep growing each year, we may very well over take opening gate ceremony in size in no time.  I can't think of a better way to start the day though.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana