News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Listened to the Ten Laws of Abundance

Started by EltonJ, December 05, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EltonJ

Wow!  Just listened to the Ten Laws of Abundance (actually, I've been listening to a lot of personal development stuff since last I was on!)  so, how to apply them to the Rennaissance Faire theme?

One of the things he mentioned was the difference between struggle and work.  For many of us, it's a struggle just to keep the bills paid, right?  However, a lot of rennies here must have put work into their costumes and made them look so authentic.  You guys are a walking example of work and play, but not a walking example of struggle.

If you struggled to get your costumes, or garb, ready for the Faire, they would be sloppily designed when they came out.  However, all of the photos I've seen on here tell me the opposite.  All of you enjoy dressing up for the faire, you enjoy the faire, you enjoy creating the right atmosphere.  I'd like to say, to you all, good work! :)

It's nice to look at the photos and see your work paid off, giving you all resplendent costumes.  Your garb started with a thought, you made a plan, you talked about your plan (telling and talking about it are two different things), and your actions brought you in-line -- making a wonderful product to wear. :)  Congratulations to all of you who had a successful year this year. :)

DonaCatalina

Thanks- I think.
Sewing is my way of de-stressing from work and a bad commute.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess