News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

House-warming party!

Started by anne of oaktower, May 09, 2008, 11:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

I was waiting for that one, M.  No apologies necessary.  I like that one too.

Not knowing it and knowing when it is not appropriate may appear the same but it's not.  Most uninitiated don't understand the nature and origin of the song.  Doing it at parties lessens the impact when it is appropriate. 

Until it is appropriate, let's party.

I've been the Wild Rover for many the year.......................
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Mistress Charlotte

Please do, dear lady.  We are a friendly bunch.  Is there a song you would like to hear?
[/quote]

Yes yes.... It goes something like this................

52 bottles of beer on the wall. 52 bottles of beer............... 

Do you know that one...?

*hickup*
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Countess Westmorland

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 04, 2008, 06:25:01 PM

Do you know that one...?

*hickup*

My Dearest Mistress Charlotte,
you are supposed to PASS AROUND the bottles of beer!  I think that is where you are erring and you are drinking said bottles of beer.   ::)
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

You can pass me about 10 Guinness right about now, that oughtta help! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

anne of oaktower

Difficult day, Lady Mikayla?  Help yourself to some of the beer that Mistress Charlotte is hoarding over there...it will be fun to watch her confusion when she gets to the end of the beer supply before she gets to the end of the song  ;)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

DuCoeur

Ugh if i ever Danny Boy sung again it will be too soon.
And I thank Terry for not including it in his repertoire.

i need an Ale.  Mmmm, I bet An ale is delicious with a nice toasted marshmallow. *pulls out dagger and skewers two marshmallows*  I love them when they are totally charcoal on the out side....Hee he. 
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Countess Westmorland on June 04, 2008, 07:24:43 PM
Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 04, 2008, 06:25:01 PM

Do you know that one...?

*hickup*

My Dearest Mistress Charlotte,
you are supposed to PASS AROUND the bottles of beer!  I think that is where you are erring and you are drinking said bottles of beer.   ::)

Is that whad Immmmm doinnnnnnnn rooong?   

eleventy bottles of beer on the wall........pass one round  send one down,   oops......... wait...........take one round, gulp it down..... 
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Pulls out bodice dagger, skewers 2 marshmallows...toasts to dark gold, fine dark chocolate, together on a crunchy biscuit...licking melting chocolate and enjoying a Guinness...excuse me while I have a Zen moment over here...anybody for the chocolate? 

Lady Guinness

Oh my......I can not pour the Guinness fast enough... Mistress Charlotte..can I pour you a few more?...and ..every time I turn around someone is coming at me with a dagger!!!! Does anyone else want to hold the marshmallows? Oh..I need to scorch one first for I love my marshmallows the same as DuCoeur..nice and toasted! Yummy!Terry...any song you sing will be a welcome to my ears.  What does a lady need to do to have a gentleman to dance with?

DuCoeur

*Takes Lady G and swirls her around*  Did someone say Dance?

Yo check it while we bust a move.....I mean...never mind.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady Guinness

...whew....my goodness DuCoeur....thank you kind sir for the dance....I need to catch my breath for a minute now..

Mistress Charlotte

*snore*........ *snort*......... :-[
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on June 10, 2008, 12:24:35 AM
*snore*........ *snort*......... :-[

Ummmm...we seem to have a bit of a problem here, folks.... 

Last thing I remember hearing Mistress Charlotte say was something like, "seventy 'leven boggles of deer at the mall."  Now she's out cold...right in front of the snack table. 

Can someone give me a hand getting the poor girl moved out of the way so she doesn't block my way to the cookies get trampled on?

Come on Anne, together we can get her moved...

***moves Mistress Charlotte out of the way and props her against the wall...takes finger paint to her face...***

anne of oaktower

Well, now I see why she was singing about boggles of deer.  When I started cleaning up the cabin for our little party, I took that disgusting deer head mount off the wall by the fireplace and put it out of the way...behind the snack table.  When Charlotte finally collapsed to the floor, the deer was staring right at her only about three feet away!   

Oooohhhh, those are such pretty paints, Lady Mikayla.  I have a great idea!  Let's paint her face to look like a deer.  Mayhap we can get a couple of the gentlemen to carry in the large mirror in the other room and put it in front of her  ;)

Right after I get another cookie...