News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PRF Website

Started by Terry Griffith, July 11, 2008, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Believe it or not, some changes have finally been made to the web site.  The Themed weekends have been decided and are listed as well as some entertainment (all Colorado entertainers).  Nothing mentioned of the local entertainers or cast.  The pictures of the cast on the front page are still the Colorado cast which seems like an insult to our cast.

Check it out and reply on the Feedback page where it says "The input of our patrons and participants is greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions or comments please direct them to the link below."

If enough people respond they will realize, hopefully, how important it is.  Our local cast and entertainers are what draws the majority of the gate and not people who may be known on the ren circuit but not known in Pittsburgh.

Notice there is no Pirate weekend.  Two new themed weekends, "Music and Dance" and "The Italian Renaissance"
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Scotsman

Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 11, 2008, 08:21:23 AM
Notice there is no Pirate weekend.  Two new themed weekends, "Music and Dance" and "The Italian Renaissance"

What the ....

Well, at least they have a Celtic Weekend! I think Lady Guinness and I will be up on closing weekend for Mardi Gras Sept 27 - 28. But we need to work out the details.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scarlett

No pirate weekend?!   Tis blasphemy!  Although with an Italian weekend, it will give me a great opportunity to wear my regal gown.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Terry Griffith

Scotsman, that settles it.  The last themed weekend will be henceforth known as "Scotsman and Lady Guinness Weekend".

Scarlett, regal is better.  I look forward to seeing it...and you.

Fairyfly

What's up with no pirate weekend??? That's not even fair.  ???

Scarlett, I'm betting that regal outfit is stunning.
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Scotsman

Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 11, 2008, 09:47:21 AM
Scotsman, that settles it.  The last themed weekend will be henceforth known as "Scotsman and Lady Guinness Weekend".

Your going to give Lady Guinness a big head over this one! All I will get is a big hangover ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

anne of oaktower

Hmmmm....I see Cast In Bronze is back again this year.  It is a very nice show, but I sure hope they move him out of the Shady Glenn.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

Alas, no.   But we have been promised some sort of a wall in back of the bells to reflect the sound up the hill instead of down to our stage.  As if that would work.

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 11, 2008, 12:19:44 PM
Alas, no.   But we have been promised some sort of a wall in back of the bells to reflect the sound up the hill instead of down to our stage.  As if that would work.

As my darling Brogan just commented, it's like putting an electric guitar in the middle of a chamber orchestra.  Each has its own good qualities, but unless done a la Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the two should never be combined!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

Quote from: Scotsman on July 11, 2008, 08:47:00 AM
. . . I think Lady Guinness and I will be up on closing weekend for Mardi Gras Sept 27 - 28. But we need to work out the details.

Lady Guiness, I'll save some beads for you!   :o
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

DuCoeur

Pirates smirates...

Hmm so they have finally done something to the site...Yet it is a slap to our cast that they have not changed the facing page.

Merde!!! thats not even our gate....

BTW, I realized there is no link to the Pittsburgh Faire on this site so here it is....

http://www.pgh-renfest.com
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Terry Griffith

Thanks, DuCoeur.  That's something I should have included but I'm still used to the stickeys on every section that have a link.  Of course up until now, there was no reason to go to the web site.

There's still not much of a reason.

Professor M

Actually I think that's a mirror site.  The "official" site is http://www.pittsburghrenfest.com/

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

Did I see a mention of Scottish athletic events.  They never even asked me what I liked to do!

Get it, my name is Scott.  My type of events that I like.  Guess it is not that funny if I have to leave footnotes. ???
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Terry Griffith

Let's see.  There will be penny pinching, kilt tossing and the event that is always a crowd pleaser, the tug o' ribbon.