News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PRF Website

Started by Terry Griffith, July 11, 2008, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enchantedwings

Mistress Charlotte,

As a new vendor this year to PRF you did bring me to tears but not by boredom!  I had yet to hear such positive thoughts or reinforcement by an individual for a faire that is so loved and cherished and was starting to feel like an outcast myself because of my own perspective.  Having been in business for seven years and participating in 40 to 50 shows a year, we have seen our share of the good and the bad, the unorganized, the over saturated, the "out in the middle of no where", and the shows that no one showed up to!  Everyone has their own feeling or perspective, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to see it through a vendors eyes is an entirely different view.  We have to have the faith, the respect, and the trust of those who run the event to know that what we are there for will be appreciated and the work and the money spent to build our "permanent structure" will not be lost in the eyes of those who are at opposite views of the PTB.  To know that our work in our product will not go unnoticed and to have the respect and the friendship of not only those around us but those in cast, paytrons, vendors and mgmt.  We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for putting this view out there and if you know it or not, thank you for giving us our first welcome by the words that you wrote.  We are looking forward to a successful year at PRF and many more to come.

Respectfully,
Enchanted Wings
Vadoma (Jenni) & Boudicca (Barbara)

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on July 22, 2008, 11:26:50 PM
You can't plant your garden until you turn the ground and fertilize it. 

And let us not forget what real fertilizer is made of!  LOL!

Thank you, Mistress Charlotte, for your time and effort in giving us another perspective.  You make many good points that perhaps some of us hadn't considered.  You are absolutely right...there's no telling what good things Jim might have in store for our faire.  A little weeding here, a bit of fertilizer there, some new seeds in a few key places...who knows what might grow if given a chance!

Wouldn't it be great if he plans to make us grow as big as PARF or MDRF?!  And we'll be able to say, "Yep, we were here when it was still just an infant!"

Thank you deer friend for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.  Can't wait to see you in August!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

Quote from: FoxgloveLupine on July 20, 2008, 08:19:28 AM
....I may have to break out the whips and flying monkeys ....

We went to the Zoo today and I had to crack up when I saw this in the monkey house.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

FoxgloveLupine

Terry,

But of course...do you really expect me to keep them at home?  After all, they're quite messy and like to play with the whips a little too much!  :)

Quote from: Terry Griffith on July 25, 2008, 12:00:16 AM
Quote from: FoxgloveLupine on July 20, 2008, 08:19:28 AM
....I may have to break out the whips and flying monkeys ....

We went to the Zoo today and I had to crack up when I saw this in the monkey house.

Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens
"Rude...Rude and not Ginger"

Scarlett

I noticed a familiar local face under the Entertainment section of the faire's website today. 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Blushing

Please forgive me for Colorado "intruding" into your thread ... I've been reading your posts, and many of you have good points.

I will say that I overheard many not-so-happy comments from people in Colorado (different areas) about all the money and effort that was flowing into your faire.  So if people on both sides so to speak aren't thrilled, maybe something is being done right.  And I'm not trying to make light of any of it ... just sharing an observation.  And yes, I'm sure that the PTB are listening - and reading.

On another note, I wanted to point out that the one link to photos from the Colorado festival belong to an individual visiting from California.  There are COUNTLESS of other photos, without nearly so many belly dancers.  Besides, photos say more about the photographer than the faire, me thinks. Here's a link to a list of photo sites, if anyone wishes to see others:
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=2649.0
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

PesterTheJester

Quote from: Scarlett on August 13, 2008, 11:15:20 AM
I noticed a familiar local face under the Entertainment section of the faire's website today. 
Congrats to Darcy!! At least some of our acts are finally getting some recognition!!

Terry Griffith

Blushing, I don't know about money being poured into PRF.  Maybe it is and maybe it isn't but the point here has been the lack of updates on the web site and that doesn't cost any money.  Of all the things that are and could be done, that is the most beneficial to marketing and if there is any cost at all in making a 10 minute update to a web page then the webmaster is taking unfair advantage. 
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

FoxgloveLupine

Horray for Darcy!  It's a great picture of you and Jen, I wonder where it came from???  I can't wait to see your new act!  Now if only we can get more pictures of the rest of our acts up, it would be great!

Quote from: Scarlett on August 13, 2008, 11:15:20 AM
Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens
"Rude...Rude and not Ginger"

Professor M

It looks like a two-headed belly-dancer.  Boy!  Could we sell tickets to see that!

It's nice that a local act is getting a little advertising.  Hooray for the Sisters of Ameretat!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

bershokwench

I know there already been alot of grumblein on here but now I'd like to put my two cents in. I am not a vendor, I am not part of the cast, I am a person who likes to come in costume and interact. I love our local performers, they are the ones I interact with. I like to interact with the vendors that I have seen in recent years. I would like to know if our local talent will be returning because this faire is the only chance I get to see these people. For example, I am friends with Cameo from the Wicked Wenches only because we met at the faire and then I recognized her when I saw her out of costume and character. It would be nice to have them back in the faire, as it would be nice to also have Aaron Bonk aka El Bonko back in the faire. He also became a good friend but the only time I ever saw him was at faire. I have no problem with new talent coming in, just keep old favorites in there too.
Another think I need to rant about is the tickets. my husband always bought the six weekend pass. That way we could at least go three times to the faire. Last year we heard that the passes would no longer be available. When I wrote an email to your boss he responded that if we wanted to come to the faire that much, why didn't we get jobs there. (No need to be snarky sir) My husband and I have no talents to contribute, we just enjoy walking around talking to the cast and if we have any money maybe purchasing an item or two. We come to get away from our bosses and normal boring lives. We come to get away from our jobs,not to find another one. I have so much respect for the cast and vendors, I love you all. I just like to join in when I want too and in my own way. I hope you can understand that, and I didn't just put my foot in my mouth.
Terry I understand what you meant about everyone seeming a little terrified last year. Nobody wanted to say or do anything that might get them in trouble. Everyone was stressed. I noticed it and I'm sure other patrons noticed it too. The cast just wasnt its usual self. I hope everyone isn't as nervous this year, I like to see you all having fun and not acting like you are sittin on pins and needles.
Any way I will shut up now. I usually don't rant that much..I feel a bit better. ;D See you all at Celtic Weekend! Vicky Bershok
VICKY BERSHOK