News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Request for Assistance- Research Project

Started by Kruzar, July 11, 2008, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

Quote from: blue66669 on July 15, 2008, 09:19:58 AM
If it is a permanent site, you'll need to pay for landscaping and groundskeeping for the entire year. And, if you're anything like TRF, a WAR against fire ants right before opening weekend...

Good point, blue!  Also remember that if it is a permanent site, you can do a lot of other things with it.  PARF has things going on at least seven months of the year, starting with an Earth Day thing in the Spring and ending with a New Years Eve party. 

I know this is just a research project, but the potential for the site to be used for additional activities (hence, additional profits) is something to be considered.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

cowgrrl

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 11, 2008, 08:51:02 PM
Things that make a faire great to me:

A good variety of fairly-priced food items, not just fried this and fried that.   Plus at some faires, it's hard to find anything vegetarian.  And $6.50 for a turkey leg?  Come on, that's a ripoff.  Food booths that aren't a commercial truck with a window you walk up to with absolutely no effort to try to look like they fit into the period.

Amen!  I recently had some surgery that makes certain types of food difficult a/o impossible to eat.  I only know of 1 place at our home Faire that offers salads & while it is one of my favorite places to eat I don't know that I'm going to like having the same 3 salads every time I go to Faire.

Kruzar

Just as a follow-up...I wanted to give a huge THANK YOU!!!!  to everyone here that assisted with this project, and provided insight.  I actually received an A on the project and for the class.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!
Gentleman Rogue

anne of oaktower

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Peddlin

That is terrific! So when do you open?   ;)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Kruzar

I would love to open this faire up.  Just got to find the financing. :)

The cool thing with this project, is that as a team we looked at just about every piece of the business that would be involved.  I am sure some of our team assumption were a little off, but we came up with a pretty decent business plan and project schedule that could theoretically be utilized to open a faire.

So who knows... one of these days you may see a new faire out there.  :)
Gentleman Rogue

Peddlin

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96