News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Carpooling from Pittsburgh

Started by perambulous, July 11, 2008, 02:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perambulous

Hi, I'm a student at Carnegie Mellon, and I've applied to work at the faire this fall. Problem being, we're not allowed to keep cars at the school and I haven't been able to figure out whether public transportation goes anywhere near the faire.

I'm not even certain I'll be working at the faire yet, but if I hear back from them, I'd like to know whether I'd actually be able to get there before I accept a position. So the question is: Would anyone be interested in carpooling? (It would be me and, possibly, one other fellow student). We'd split gas costs with you, naturally.

Hoping this sort of thing is allowed on this forum.

Thanks in advance  ;D!

Professor M

There isn't any kind of public transport that will take you from Oakland to anywhere near the faire.  You'll have to rely on ride-sharing.  I'm sorry, but I don't know any rennies in that part of town.  We'll spread the word and let you know if we find anyone.  Best of luck!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

perambulous

All right, I thought not, thanks very much though. (And it doesn't necessarily have to be from Oakland - I don't mind taking a bus to anywhere within Pittsburgh to meet someone.)

Sadira

I'd offer up a seat, but all of my seats have been claimed. Damn Gypsies....