News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Distance to...?

Started by Lady Caroline, July 11, 2008, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Caroline

Hello,

I plan on driving down from Canada.  I will be coming down the 1-75.  Does anyone know how long it would take once I cross over into Ohio, to get to the festival?  Thank you!

kydavid

Kind of depends on where in Canada you are coming from. From London, Ontario, it is about 7 hours by car.

Lady Caroline

Thank you!  I just meant from the Ohio border, but that info is even better.  I'm an hour east of London, so I can factor in an entire day's drive now.  Much appreciated.

Lady Pagos

Which faire are you trying to get to?
Pagos M'Crack
Sister of Bugsey
Loveland Castleteer

Bugsy

Quote from: Lady Pagos on July 11, 2008, 08:57:22 PM
Which faire are you trying to get to?

Silly girl  :D

Lady Caroline, mapquest.com is awesome.  If you click on 'directions', type in your address and the the faire's (Harveysburg, Ohio) then it will tell you the distance, mileage, and hours!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Lady Caroline

Thank you Bugsey.  I know how to get there, the directions on the official website are easy to follow, and I've driven down the I75  to Florida many times.  I just like looking at a map, and knowing how long it should take me to get "across a page" :) Without whipping out a ruler and doing the math of course.

As far as mapquest goes.........I am not a fan! I find it messes up quite a bit, (and doesn't factor in my tendency to speed) lol.

I am looking forward to this fair in October, and I hope it's worth driving 8 hours to get there, and then another back again :)

Lady Pagos

Oh yea.  Lol. I'm uh...silly. Thanks for being so P/C Bugs! :)

I've driven to Toledo before and that looks like where you will be coming into Ohio.  If I remember right it took me almost 5 hours.
Pagos M'Crack
Sister of Bugsey
Loveland Castleteer

Carl

We went down last year and it took 4.5 hrs from bellville,mi just southwest of detroit.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

robert of armstrong

Have made this trip several times from Barrie.  The Faire is well worth the trip.

Google maps puts it at about 6 hours from London, at the speed limit  ;)

Don't forget to factor in some time for crossing the border.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Painted Lady

Lu and I made the from Guelph On to Sidney Ohio ( North of Dayton) many times. That is about 7 hours. Depending on bridge crossing ,construction etc...  The faire is about 1 or 1.5 hours more.

Great faire,nice folks. We stayed at Ceaser's Creek State Park.