News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Get to know your neighbors

Started by ladiedragon, May 07, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladiedragon

Well, here we are.  Even though we don't have our "home", I think this could be a good thing. I've noticed that on our forum sometimes we tend to mingle in our own sections,which is always cool. But here we have there chance to really get to know other people that we other wise wouldn't get to know in the forum.Soooooo-let's get together! ;D

Cloverpogue

Preset and accounted for, thus far... :)
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

DeadBishop

I guess we could think of this as a "re-introduction" thread.  Depending on how long we're "afloat" here in the life raft, I will try to set up a new into area similar to R/F.com at a later date.  Until that time....

Hi everyone, I'm Deadbishop, and I'm a renaholic.   ;)

I've been attending renaissance festivals for about 14 years now.  I've worked at MNRF for approximately 9 years now.  And, most importantly, I officially became a member of R/F.com in March of 2003.  ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

renren

Excellent Idea, LD!

I'm renren,been a ren-addict since about 1999,when I first attended MNRF.
hehehe.. we should change the name of this thread to ren-anonymous!
Okay, not really.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

DonaCatalina

My first trip to Scarby was in the mid-1980's. But I didn't start making garb for His Excellency and myself until 1992ish.
Sheesh that long ago?

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

Great idea LD!

Hi! *waves* The resident tyke (but only for nine more days, I'll still be the baby though)!
My home faire is Scarborough but I've been to TRF and Colorado! The last weekend of Scarby will mark my first year going to the faires.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Blushing

I'm Blushing (it's a name and too often a description).  I'm also a renholic ...

So I remember buying tickets for Scarborough way back in 2000 or so when I lived in Texas - but I don't actually remember the faire.  And I'm fairly sure I can't blame the mead!

But I truly delved into the wonderful world of faires in 2003 - working at the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire.  I've been addicted ever since.

I've visited faires all over California, I'm a regular at Las Vegas faire (my guild-clan has an official presence there) and now home is Colorado, so I've worked at that faire too.

And now I DO have (wonderful) memories of Scarby from recent trips, and can't wait to return.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Aiacha

I was thinking myself that I was going to see all these new faces...

I'm Aiacha, been attending faires since my first in 1999.  Started with NYRF, then moved to Texas where TRF is my home, but I love visiting Scarborough.  One of these days I'm going to make it to Maryland, which I have heard it great!  I also play with SCAdians at Pennsic in August (this will be my 5th year).  And I will be going to back to NYRF for a day this year by special request.

Lady Rosalind

Hi! I'm Lady Rosalind, formerly known as Elinore (been wanting to change that for AGES). I have been going to faires since spring of 2005, and funnily enough, I have only attended faire once where I had to pay to get in. The rest of the times, I've been working! I'm in central Iowa, and am part of Have Court, Will Travel, the official royal court of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire, and now the new Dubuque faire (Has it really been two years already?). Just got back from the Iowa Renaissance Faire this past weekend, and am trying to get over the post-faire letdown. Went looking for my RF fix this morning, and ran into problems. Glad to see we at least have a place to connect, and start the rebuilding...  :D

Trillium

Aloha, I'm Trillium!  I recognize all the names here.  I tend to flutter about the forums more than many others.   ;D  I've been a member since October 2003.  My home faire is TRF, but I try to make it to Scarby once a year.  I've been attending faires since 1991.  I also attend Amtgard events as a vendor, but I no longer participate in the fighting.
Got faerie dust?

Lady Nicolette

Greetings!  I'm Lady Nicolette...My first Faire was in 1973, the Renaissance Pleasure Faire at it's original site in Agoura, CA.  My temporary home Faire is the Tennessee Renaissance Festival just outside of Nashville, TN.  I'm the victi  volunteer coordinator for this year's RenDevous '08, the third one to be held, along with Welsh Wench, my trusty secretary and co-conspir   cohort.  I have a strapping 15 year old son, am a hobby harper, and love dogs, literature, music of most kinds, especially world/folk/psych/psych-folk/progressive and contemporary singer-songwriters, horses, bad puns and crossword puzzles and am a confirmed postaholic in the R/F.com forums.  Shhhh DB, it's supposed to be anonymous.  Like Bosch.  See? Told you I like bad puns. ;)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Blue66669

Hello!

I'm Mistress Brimstone Blue, camp dictator for Clan McLotofus- Texas Chapter. I don't know why they gave me that title, oh wait, yeah I do. I'm a control freak and a plan-a-holic.

The first time I went to faire was in 2002, when my then boyfriend (now husband) decided to leave me at the front gate all alone on my first trip out. I've been hooked ever since. Up until March 2008, TRF was the ONLY faire I had ever been to. This year, I've added BARF and Scarby to the list. I have two other tentative faires this year- TN for RenDezvous and KYHRF in July.

Pleasure to meet all of you, and hope to see you out camping with Clan McLotofus at TRF!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Welsh Wench

Hi, I'm Welsh Wench, commonly shortened to Wenchie. My home faire is BARF. I'm helping Lady Nicolette arrange and plan and schedule the Rendezvous/Menage Ette Trois Invasion (I call it the RenETTE)

I like chinese food, walking in the rain, and men that aren't afraid to cry.

OK let's be honest. I hate Chinese food, rain makes my hair frizz and I can't abide crybabies.  :)

I'm mostly here for writing, and have had the fortune to tap into some of the most creative brains on the forum.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Apolonia

ApoloniaK here, although that's just a screen name. Character name is Katharine St. John. I've been a member since 2003. I attended my first ren faire in 1989; it was the opening of the Arizona Renaissance Festival. I became a "regular" in 2001, when my daughter started on the cast at AzRF and by the next year I was in garb and totally hooked. I've been to the SoCal and (former) NoCal Pleasure Faires (my daughter was working those, too), and to Scarby, TRF, Renaissance in the Pines, and Devonshire Renaissaince Faire.

Just logged in today to find we have a home away from home and I'm happy to see so many familiar names!

Ginette

Hi I'm Ginette and I'm a renaholic too.  My first faire was 3 or 4 years ago and my husband bought me my first gard last season at TRF. I haven't been able to make it to any faires yet this year  :(  but am looking forward to the Central Texas faire and TRF. I'm trying to get my youngest brother to work it with me. 
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!