News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Get to know your neighbors

Started by ladiedragon, May 07, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violetrose

*raises hand* My turn.. I'm Violetrose, I first attended MNRF in 1993. In 1998 my DH proposed to me out there. That was my "Get anything she wants day" besides the shiny new ring that day I got my first garb! Two years later we were married at the chapel across from the Bakery Stage. My favorite part is people watching!
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'm Lady Delaney and I hail from the Frozen Wastelands of Northern Colorado... Actually it's usually warmer there than most other parts of the state.

I've been going to the Colorado Renaissance Festival since the mid 80's and I tried to go every year. That worked up until 13 years ago when I got married. I managed to go 6 or so times while married but my spouce was not a Reni like I am. My current boyfriend Toki Bloodaxe is a huge fan after only 1 visit to Colorados fine faire. He had been to the Texas Renaissance festival a number of years ago, but he didn't manage to have fun. So now that I have him hooked we are getting him outfits and making plans to try and go to other faires in the future. Texas most likely being the next so we can go visit his mother who lives down there.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mikael of Aragon

(Hope this life raft doesn't have a maximum weight limit; armor clad Templar climbing aboard!)   ;D

Hello! I'm Mikael of Aragon. I've been on the Ren Forums for about year, and have attended Scarby since the late 90's. Up until this year, I've just been a patron, but have started branching out this year into the world of playtrons, and have started strutting with the Royal Guard. I'm the Templar in the black chainmail, so please feel welcome to stop me and say hi!

...I'll try not to move around too much while we're at sea. I wouldn't want to capsize us!   ;)

-Pax Vobiscum
Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

Lady Ann of Draycott

I love this idea!  ;D

Hi Everyone! I'm Lady Ann of Draycott.  The first festival I *ever* went to was Scarby way back in 1981. I joined R/F.com on April 11, 2007 and the first time I went to a festival in garb was to Scarby on April 14, 2007, so compared to some of you, I'm still a newbie!  ;)  Since then I have only been to Scarby and TRF.  I hope to visit some other faires eventually, maybe MNRF in September.  I will also be going to CTRF in June.  

Ann is my real first name but Draycott came from my favorite romance novel series. It's the name of a family that lived in Sussex, England since the time of King Richard the Lion Hearted and the Third Crusade, in the year 1190.  I love the series and the name so I "adopted" it along with some of the story as the background for my character.  My character is a Viscountess and my family is known for the variety of antique roses that grace the walls of Draycott Castle.

I am a member of Clan McLotofus and camp with the group when we go to TRF.

Anon!  :-*

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

BLAKDUKE

Well I am finally trapped.  Some of regulars may/or may not have noticed that I never posted an intro in the currently in limbo forum.   By the time that particular thread became popular I had already been on the forum for about 6 months so I said why bother most everybody knows me anyway.  However now we are in a life raft and I to agree that we should know one and all.  With that, I am the BLAKDUKE.  A name derived from a picture printed in a Florida Keys newspaper, advertising royalty, dukes, knights and ladies.  The picture was of me in black garb, a horrendous scowl on my face, and I thought that the name fit.  I have been rennfairing since 1983 when attended my first faire at Sterling, got my first piece of garb and have been going ever since.  I have graduated a bit thru the years, having been the King and my wife the Queen for 9 years in Tenn.  a stint in the keys faire, was King at the first  Florida Faire in F. Lauderdale, and finally am reigning in the both Gulf Coast Faires(Pensacola/Mobile).  My wife and I visit faires when we can.  However our time is split between faire and restoring antique cars.  It just seems that there are not enough days/weeks/months in the year to do it all.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

knarlyknot

{{waves}}  Hi everyone, I'm Knarlyknot, been attending TRF since I was a kid back in the 80's.  Got married there in 1999 and as of last year am now a vendor there.  Love all things faire and have truly enjoyed meeting all the wonderful people on this forum, Rennies really are the best!

Cloverpogue

Ahoy Hoy!
Now, I guess if I must, since I didn't earlier (bad pirate).
I am Cloverpogue, and have been part of (off and on) the TNRN fest since 1999.  It was my first time at fest and I was in cast.
I have been an RF member for 3 years now.
I am the Official Pyrate Fae, Untangler of All Things Knotty, Capn' Car'nage, and The Keeper of The Pirate Joe Bear., and whatever evil shall cross my path. (ha)

~The beatings will continue until morale improves~
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Elinor Hakebourne

Hi! *waves* I'm Elinor :) My home faire is Sterling, but I've also attended Scarborough as well (twice). Glad to see this topic pop up!

alyria stargazer

Hello all,
My name is Alyria Stargazer and I have been attending TRF since the year of my birth in 1982. My whole family attends TRF every year and I grew up wanting to be a part of Faire with every bone in my body. when I was 12 I started working at the Belly dance booth and then switched to the Chateau Du Macabre( man I miss that place!) then random other jobs. At 15 I went with my best friend and his mom to a little faire in Smithville TX called Excalibur, fell in love with the quaint beauty of the place, called my mom and brought her up the next weekend to open our very own booth called Chameleon Dreams and she has been vending ever since. When I was 17 I chased my boyfriend to NJ but to my disappointment never got to attend any Faires in that region of the US =(. I moved back to TX when I was 20, found myself single and decided to jump on Circuit, went from Excal to Scarbie(LOVED IT!!) to Colorado (LOVED IT EVEN MORE!!) then decided to settle down with my boyfriend in the real world to have a baby... I got a B.E.A.-utiful 2 year old son named Quinlan, and a new boyfriend named Roy, I live in Austin and the reason I am telling you all this Random info is because........ I want you all to get to know me on a personal basis because about 2 secs. before the site went down again I had JUST finished posting a new thread about the Opening of a new Festival Grounds at the Rocky Hill Ranch (yes the rumors were true, to an extent...) that we are calling The Serendipity Haven Festival Grounds. It is under new management, namely me, Chameleon and a friend of ours named Bill Slette. Hopefully the thread will be found when the site goes back up, but if it doesn't I'll retype it... bummer. If you have any immediate questions you can email me at alyria_stargazer@yahoo.com. I have sent John all the specs so hopefully they will be up if nothing else is. Our first event will be an overnight drum jam called Rhythm and Stars held on the 3rd Sat. of every month starting the 17th of May, (short notice but we had everything ready but were not expecting the lease agreement to be ready for a few more months then it went through without a hitch :o) to raise revenue and invite prospective vendors and patrons alike to come out and see what we have to work with and get to know each other and put in their two cents. So we decided to jump right in and get our hands dirty. you can find more info on my tagged space (alyria stargazer of course ;)) and we are working on getting a website up to show all the ideas we have for the MULTIPLE festivals we will be having throughout the year. If you are a vendor and think you might want to come out for the night we are offering vending spaces for 10.00 and we'd appreciate 3 days notice to make sure we have space and whatnot. We don't really know what kind of turn out to expect the first time but it will get bigger every month and this is our family and we want everyone involved to know each other like family so we can always work together to make every event spectacular!! ... well I've probably rambled much longer than I should have but I am SOOOOO excited ;D :D ;) :) ;) :D ;D >:(!!!!!!!! If we don't see you at the 1st Rhythm and Stars hopefully we will see you at another event...

O.K. I'll get off it now ;D

Alyria Stargazer
Lifelong Rennie
9 year member of the Realm of Ramith
Journeyman seamstress to Chameleon Dreams
Keeper of the Quin Monster
Starry eyed Dreamer Extraordinaire
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Ottheinrich

Otto here, I went to my first ren fair in Colorado back in 1994 and the next one I went to was Scarby in 2007 with the family. met some really great people and hope to meet many more.

Queen Bonnie

Greetings. I am Queen Bonnie and I was made your Queen a few years ago. I even had an online coronation! I think a few here might know me?  
There are many stories about how I got to be Queen- but the real one is that Amras and Bish and John locked me in a high tower and said- no more single malt for you, until you take on this job! Queen of Everything is a big job indeed!
What could I do? I gave my assent. Then I pulled my wee claymore out of the stone- the trumpets sounded- and this rest is history!
Glad this is a big life raft. Happy we are all here and safe!
Can I add some amenities? I did bring my wand!
*POOF! * HACKERSBEGONE!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

sealion

I am sealion aka Captain Cin McPhee aka Ciana di Firenze. How did I get started in all this? My first visit to a ren faire was the Michigan Renaissance Festival on Labor Day 2004 simply because it was something to do while stuck in Flint for the holiday. We made a return visit in 2005 and decided this was something we wanted to get more involved in. In 2006 we bought some garb and, through the R/F listings, found info for all the faires in Michigan and dove in! In 2007 I started actually making my own garb so you'll usually find me hanging out on the garb and sewing threads.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

CapnFayeCutler

I'm Captain Faye Elizabeth Cutler (of the HMS Foggy Dirge - hehe), and I've been attending faires since about...1999 or 2000. My original home faire is TNRF, and except from that the only other faire I've been to up til 2007 was MNRF. I always make a trip to TNRF to celebrate my birthday (yay RENdezvous is that weekend!  ;D). I relocated to Kentucky back in September so now I've gotten the opportunity to visit more faires, meet some great people, and have a lot of fun! Err...and maybe get a wee reputation at a certain faire... *cough* I'm innocent!!!!  :-*  ;)

Ahem... Anyways, looking forward to meeting lots more people at RENdezvous and elsewhere.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Rage

Hi my name is Rage and I am a renaholic, I am also a member of LadieDragon's RFA. I am not only a member I am her Fiancee.

I will be around but skulking mostly because I am all drugged up and making LD do everything for me.... oh sorry there is a reason I have a huge blood clot in my leg and a rolled ankle. two for one, twice the pain for half the price..... how nice... :P

Lupa

I am Lupa (wife of Ulfric) and my home faire is MDRF.  I have been attending faire for over 20 years.  This season has been a first for us as we have finally started traveling outside our home faire to other locals.  We just came back from BARF and are looking forward to attending RENdezvous.

So sorry to see what happened to the RF forum.  Hope to see many of you at TNRF on Memorial Day weekend!
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack