News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Get to know your neighbors

Started by ladiedragon, May 07, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoBill Lurker

I believe that only Admin and Mods get stars now. ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

divapixie

I am the Divapixie and I've been into ren faires since I was 12 and my parents thought it would be a good family outing.  I started attending in garb in 99 or 2000 with my best friend Viola!  :D
I've been trying to get to at least one if not more fests a year since 2003.  In this forum I am the Harem mistress and just generally am around alot... I also have a jewelry website and have just begun experiments in glass fusing and slumping.
Visit my site for jewelry at www.divapixie.etsy.com
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Ladyferns

Greetings good neighbors!
I am Ladyferns.  I only recently joined the forum before the recent upheaval, and i commend all of the forum organizers for bringing it back online in such a grand fashion.  I never introduced myself before, and appreciate the opportunity to meet everyone.  My home fair is GARF, and we started going in mundane personna way back in the early 90's - my first t-shirt is '93 and I think I got that after a couple of seasons.  For a while we only went once a year, but then added the weekend I took the girls - my Girl Scout troop was nuts about all things faire related and even put on two "Renaissance Fantasy" events for younger girls (and their little brothers!)  That was when I started going in garb, and became Ladyferns.  My bonnie mate is a manly, fire haired kilt-wearing sweetie who has come to love this fun and facinating world as much as I do, so now we go several times each season to GARF, and have visited the CRF as well.  We have now begun talking about traveling to other venues...

beeboy

I'm beeboy.  My home faire is FLaRF, I've worked there for 3 years now.  I've been attending faires my entire life

Charlotte Rowan

I'm Charlotte Rowan. My home faire is MNRF. I've been attending since 1986 when my parents first took my brother and me. We haven't missed a year since then and this will be my 5th season working there as a chocolate wench.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

daylight

yep I`am here Daylight is my name Ren fest is my game.. I just love the Ren fairs the garb the ale the food the friends and everything in between  I go to the Ok Ren fair it is going on know in Muskgoee Ok all month long every weekend . Is there any of you that go to that fair. if so love to hear from you. ;D

Dracconia

Is this a 12 step programs for Rennies? ....herm....could be fun...
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Rage

Quote from: Dracconia on May 14, 2008, 04:44:16 PM
Is this a 12 step programs for Rennies? ....herm....could be fun...

Nope its a 4 step process.
1) Buy mead
2) Drink mead
3) Buy more mead
4) Repeat steps 1 - 3 until you fall down.

Seryn

I'm Boom Boom/Sidra/Sami and my home faire is, hmm, I guess TRF :)  I started going to faire in 2006 but had been wanting to go for several years before that.  I now try to go to faire as often as i can, which is not always easy with job/finances/etc, but I make it to TRF at least once a year, make it out to rennie gatherings in my area, and try to see my fairemily as often as I can :)  I live in Austin, TX, with my fiance and a very spoiled kitty and I'm a pastry chef. 

And, hi (or hi again) everyone!
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

DT_Masters

DT Masters, time traveling anthropolgist from 2057 and facsimile of a wizard as I try to type this on a desk overflowing with books and tapes, in a den stuffed to the ceiling with books, takes, and notes, and oh yes, Osiris the cat here on the desk between the keyboard and the monitor, looking for love, staring at me with those green eyes.

Been doing RF picture taking in Texas since the early 90's but only got into the internet component in the last year and a half because ........ Over the years, there were lots of favorite subjects but I never knew who they were (I never buy a program). Finally found the identity of one, which lead to sites and forums, and HERE I AM!

Hail from the Austin area.

Matty Pine Brownie

My name is Matty Pine Brownie.
I have been going to faire since 1997.
Have been a gamer and fantasy fiction reader for even longer than that.
My home ground right now is in flux.
My home away from home (a plot of pine trees in York Co. Maine) the Crown took away for "bureaucratic" and financial reasons.
Geographically, I am closest to the Cloisters, but the invasion spot that is sworn by is Tuxedo.
I have invaded other places as far as away as Minnesota and Charlotte.
My favorite invasion was Charlotte.
The one I am most proud of would be Higgins (Worcester MA) as it was simply a nice weekend before the weather got too cold.
My strangest invasion experience was Maryland.
The guilty pleasure invasion was the Manor in Boston with the Mrs.
The best investment piece of garb I have come across would have to be a green cavalier hat plumed, with green ostrich plumes.

I remember when I went almost exclusively alone to faire, but marriage and life has changed that.

Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?