News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hair clips for mature women

Started by arbcoind, January 11, 2014, 03:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbcoind

Does anyone have a source for quality hair clips for mature women?  I've done several internet searches.  I'm finding metal snap clips, but they are too frilly, too small or just plain cheap looking.  I have dark brown hair, shoulder length.  It's straight but heavy and combs don't stay in.  I would like to find large snap clips that are dark brown or black so they blend into my hair.   I've used this type of clip in the past, but the ones I have are worn and too small.  Thanks!

Gina

Rani Zemirah

Maybe these?  It says they are 8cm, and that's around 3 1/8 inches long, so they're not too dainty to hold your hair.  They look dark, also, or mostly so. 

Or perhaps THIS is more the size you are looking for?  ;D  Definitely have to do something about the color, I suppose...  heheh

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

arbcoind

Rani, thank you for the link.  I read all 25 reviews, some good and some bad.  They seem to be the size I need.

Gina

Rowan MacD

My hair is shoulder length, but when it was much longer (I have thick hair too) I used heavy duty banana clips sort of like this:

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AiUy7e1GWGLv5rKvaxHl.fibvZx4?fr=yfp-t-329-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=banana%20clips%20for%20thick%20hair

I used them to hold the main mass of hair in place on top of, or in back of my head; and bobby pins or hair gel to control the little 'feathers'. 
  Your best bet to find these is to go to a beauty salon supply store like Sally Beauty.  They will be affordable and better yet, durable as heck.  I have had one for 10 years that is still going strong.
  The Goody brand stuff at Walmart , etc. are extremely flimsy, I broke two of those before I even left the house. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

arbcoind

Rowan, thank you for the link.  I'm going to search Sally Beauty.  I never thought to look at beauty supply stores!  And yes, the drug store/Walmart offerings are junk, I've tried them all.

Gina

Rowan MacD

Looks like I'll make a trip over there,  I need big clips like this; I have a bob that is too short for Banana clips.   
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

arbcoind

I received the hair clips from Ulta today.  They are big, so you need a lot of hair to use them.  I've had them in my hair for several hours now and they are staying in place.  They have a powder coated finish, nothing to crack or break off. 

Gina