News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Show Us Your Hats!

Started by Cloverpogue, July 13, 2008, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverstah

Quote from: uhurainmi on August 14, 2008, 03:47:41 PM
SILVERSTAH! That Flemish thing is GORGEOUS. I'm looking around here for directions to make some appropriate German 1540's Noble Ladies hat. That one really caught my eye.

Aw, thank you!  I really adore it.  Unfortunately, I bought it at the end of the day the last time we were at faire, and I haven't had the chance to wear it since!  I'm really looking forward to pulling it out this fall. :)
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Anne Boleyn French Hood

Henry Tudor Cap with jewels and pearls.

Two new additions for Very Merry Seamstress.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dustin

This isn't technically mine, but it's what I'll be wearing to faire in a few weeks. It was made by Ellen, the costumer for the Genesius Guild, a local Shakespeare/Greek theatre troupe.

It has some really great feathers, I'll have to get some better pictures of that side. Excuse the look on my face, I really look strange when I smile for pictures.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Dallan

Fight'n

Dustin

As advertised, here are some pictures of the feathers!

CapnFayeCutler

Alright this is the only one that has the best view of the feathers...although there are more on there now than when this was taken.  ;D

Oh yeah and my fabulous tall hat!

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Robin of Locksley

My Robin Hood hat from Tall Toad. It is of excellent condition. It has been rained on and still hold its shape.

Dustin

Here's a Robin Hood hat my wife, Cheri, made for our 3-year-old son (I sewed on the feathers).

And here's the biggins she made for our 6-year-old daughter.

And here's the little ham with the biggins and a white straw hat we bought from the dollar section at Target. We removed the frilly ribbon and gaudy bow that came on it, and Cheri added the plain white ribbon.

remission

I finally have a nice photo of me, with my new hat from Pirate Leather Works.

This is yesterday, at MD Renn Faire, with my new Pirate Jacket on.

remission

Wow.. and for some reason I STILL cannot figure out how to post photos I have on Flickr. I copied the URL.. but all it shows is a link. Even if I use the IMAGE icon.

Any help? lol

Dustin

Go to your Flickr photo page for this photo, and click on "all sizes". Choose a small or medium size, then scroll down to where it gives you the direct URL. Copy and paste that into the image code. If you want to be in compliance with Flickr's terms of service, post this code, replacing {} brackets with []brackets:

{url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/remission/2899723449/}{img}the direct photo URL you copied above{/img}{/url}

DeadBishop

I made this hat last season.... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Sketchn

Steph
Sketch'n M'Crack

remission

Quote from: Dustin on September 29, 2008, 07:54:05 PM
Go to your Flickr photo page for this photo, and click on "all sizes". Choose a small or medium size, then scroll down to where it gives you the direct URL. Copy and paste that into the image code. If you want to be in compliance with Flickr's terms of service, post this code, replacing {} brackets with []brackets:

{url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/remission/2899723449/}{img}the direct photo URL you copied above{/img}{/url}

Thanks. It worked, wow Flickr doesnt make it too early to share lol  Photo bucket is easier. But I like Flickr.

dragongirl

My lovely Tall Toad cavalier hat.  Just waiting for the cold weather to wear it because it is HOT!!!!  lol
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood