News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Show Us Your Hats!

Started by Cloverpogue, July 13, 2008, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: groomporter on March 28, 2009, 08:40:16 AM
Speaking of hat, The wife has been unable to find a red felt tricorn (or hat blank) to go with one of her red 18th century jackets.

Groomporter, I am miserable with posting links, so here is the item # of an Ebay seller that has them.

I bought my black felt pirate hat on Ebay, it was a blank and I just sewed the sides up, but these are already sewn.  They have tricorns and cavalier hats.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

groomporter

Thanks! I'll show her the page, http://tinyurl.com/cq3arw but I don't know if she'll want to spend $35 when we see hat blanks at reenactments for $12-$15 especially since they say:
"We cannot guarantee the size of hat you receive, as they are not marked."
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

volans

Totally not Ren-related, but I'm really happy with this hat I made. It took me all of half an hour with a kid's straw hat I cut the brim off of, a fancy cloth napkin, some feathers from Michael's, and a broach thing from Hobby Lobby. It was a lot of fun to make and stuff. Plus, I love the 40s.

I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty

jcbanner

Me with my tricorn at the STL PirateFest. simple hat, but very well made by the guys at the Pyrate Trading Co. ( http://www.pyrate.org ) I added the broach made from scraps of the coat that my "employer" wears. 
Picture compliments of  Lord and Lady Alberon

I really do hate this next hat being called the Robin Hood hat.  With apologies to archers everywhere, Robin was not the only person to wear these hats, they were Quite popular in his time, and to some extent, were still popular into the early 1500's.  It seems that at most faires, there are only thee hat styles, and then those styles get decorated and trimmed differently.  I wanted my hat itself to be different for the everybody norm, not just the trim.
(this picture is not representative of my normal faire garb, I was at my friends Ren-wedding for this pic, so I was wearing my sword belt and leather doublet for the special occasion.

I've always worn hats different then what most would wear, my first few years in faire, I wore an "Italian Red Cap"

Chelsy

I don't remember where I got my hat, but I know it was ridiculously cheap! I added some button things around the top, and this year I really want some pheasant feathers or something. I need to go to Hobby Lobby.

Excuse the fact that this picture was taken... probably three years ago; I've been going to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival for six or seven years now, so they kind of all run together. It's not a very good picture of the hat, either, but for some reason I never get pictures of myself at the faire.

TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

Ignia

boy, i wish i had artistic or crafting ability.
if i had any of these hats, i'd wear it all the time regardless of if i was at faire or not.  ;D

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: chelamarie on April 10, 2009, 01:29:28 PM
I don't remember where I got my hat, but I know it was ridiculously cheap! I added some button things around the top, and this year I really want some pheasant feathers or something. I need to go to Hobby Lobby.

Excuse the fact that this picture was taken... probably three years ago; I've been going to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival for six or seven years now, so they kind of all run together. It's not a very good picture of the hat, either, but for some reason I never get pictures of myself at the faire.

Hey I think I know that hat! Ooh try Michael's... they have lots more feather variety than Hobby Lobby. See you at TNRF this year!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Catherine

here is my new creation for a friend to wear to TNRF pirate weekend. FUN!!

2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Welsh Wench

Because you can never have too many feathers......

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Welsh Wench on April 14, 2009, 05:33:13 PM
Because you can never have too many feathers......

*giggle* The inspiration for my ever so growing collection of feathers on my hat!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Manwariel

I made this hat today:

And this is a cowboy hat that I tried to turn into a cavalier hat (though it's not quite the right shape).

Lady Christina de Pond

now my hat has a proper pin to hold the side up I'll have to take a picture of that now but not tonight
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

mieljolie

Hats are great.  I'm especially loving all the feathers.  So colorful and gorgeous.  I've been enjoying looking at all these wonderful hats so much, it didn't occur to me 'til now that I hadn't shared our strange can tab hats.

Mom in her now feathered topless crown hat.

And, her cavalier hat

My version of a flat cap (in desperate need of pretty feathers).  ;D
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Lady Christina de Pond

is that a can tab chain mail bodice? very artistic
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari