News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend... M&G?

Started by Merlin the Elder, January 19, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Less than three weeks remain. I am mildly excited. Hell, who am I kidding?? REAL excited is more like it.

Is anyone interested in getting together at some time and place for a meet & greet? ...either Saturday, Sunday or both?  We don't camp, so we miss those gatherings and would like to actually get to visit, even if just for a moment, with some of you that I've conversed with on here, but never met face-to-face!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PollyPoPo

I'm in. 

I am doing Feast Saturday with Daughter and SIL, so not available during that time (12 to 2, I think) and probably not worth talking to afterwards.  Eloise and I kind of toddle our way to the nearest stage and kind of lean on one another.  It's always a really, really funny act, no matter how serious the performer thinks it is supposed to be.

Other than Saturday afternoon, I'm good.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

RenStarr

I'd suggest a M&G at seven sisters.  Lots of room to chat and take pictures. 

What time?  Either, 11am or 3pm to allow for folks attending the feast.  Or, 12:30 - 01:00 after the parade.  I could be wrong, but wasn't the parade right around 12:00?

Looking forward to seeing you and your bride again Merlin!   
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: RenStarr on January 20, 2014, 11:00:58 AM

What time?  Either, 11am or 3pm to allow for folks attending the feast.  Or, 12:30 - 01:00 after the parade.  I could be wrong, but wasn't the parade right around 12:00?

We might ought to do it at 11, so Polly will still be reasonably sober.  ::)  Seven Sisters sounds good to me!

...and thanks. Looking forward to seeing you, too, and all the friends we've made down there!

JackGonzo, MD

Should be able to make it, no promises on the sober lol
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Merlin the Elder

Polly was the one concerned!  :P  After tailgating, I may be impaired as well, Doc.  ::)

maeven

Just let me know when to meet up and we're there!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Merlin the Elder

Let's just make it 11 o'clock at Seven Sisters. Whoever can make it, we'll see you there...

mpullen

Quote from: RenStarr on January 20, 2014, 11:00:58 AM

Parade is 1 PM

dbaldock

Merlin the Elder,

How early will y'all be in Bastrop on Friday of Opening Weekend?

Do you have plans to meet any of the group for Dinner on Friday evening?

I'm planning to take a vacation day on Friday, 07-FEB-14, and will make it over to the McDade area sometime in the afternoon.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Merlin the Elder

No plans at the moment.  We should be in Bastrop by mid-afternoon.  I don't know who else is staying in Bastrop, and I'm sure the campers will be happy campers by dinnertime and shouldn't be on the road...  ::)

dbaldock

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on January 23, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
No plans at the moment.  We should be in Bastrop by mid-afternoon.  I don't know who else is staying in Bastrop, and I'm sure the campers will be happy campers by dinnertime and shouldn't be on the road...  ::)

I'll contact you via PM, to let you know my cell phone number, so you can contact me when you get to Bastrop.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I soooo wish we could make it down there for opening!  At this point I'm not even sure about spring break... but it sounds like opening weekend is when all the cool kids will be there, anyway.  It's getting close really quickly, now! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

eloquentXI

I will try to be awake, dressed in garb, and inside the gates by 11 but I'm not making any promises.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

KiltedPrivateer

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara