News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TWIG!

Started by DeadBishop, May 10, 2008, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

We need to regroup with this info...

Goody!  You out there still?

R/F.com member since 2003

Goody

Ok what do ya want to know?? Just home from OWRF meeting. Stopped at campground that is closer to the faire (good) but it is also close to the highway (bad) oh and close to the only bar in the area (like right across the street! Good) SOOO, tried to go to Spirit Mountain to look around to pick better spot but it was closed. So, does anybody have any thoughts? Would you rather be at Sp. Mt or are you willing to try someplace new, thats not secluded? Post now or forever hold ur peace. On monday I will call Spirit Mt to see what's available at this point.

owrenfaire.com

Check out the events section to see who'lll be there! Same ol fun with some new groups. I think I may go check out Sassenach tonight. They sound cool from their website. Any questions, just let me know!

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Goody on May 10, 2008, 05:12:38 PM
Ok what do ya want to know?? Just home from OWRF meeting. Stopped at campground that is closer to the faire (good) but it is also close to the highway (bad) oh and close to the only bar in the area (like right across the street! Good) SOOO, tried to go to Spirit Mountain to look around to pick better spot but it was closed. So, does anybody have any thoughts? Would you rather be at Sp. Mt or are you willing to try someplace new, thats not secluded? Post now or forever hold ur peace. On monday I will call Spirit Mt to see what's available at this point.

owrenfaire.com

Check out the events section to see who'lll be there! Same ol fun with some new groups. I think I may go check out Sassenach tonight. They sound cool from their website. Any questions, just let me know!

Closer to faire good!!!
Bar close in case of running out of beer good!!
Close to highway will keep bears away from Muffin..good!!!
Will not hear cars...will be drinking rum.. :o
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

DeadBishop

As long as I can take a hot shower and have a cold beer, I don't care if we're camping in the ditch... :P ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

divapixie

I'd rather be close to faire and in a place that is preferably bear free.  And within stumbling distance from a bar is just good fortune.  I'm all for the new place.  Let's be adventurous!
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Kiss-me-Kate

Goody,
Are you still in need of someone helping you beg for mead?
Me and my eyelashes are still available.  (especially since I am camping on your couch.)

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Tarac

I second the previous votes. near by bars are always a plus. ;D
Scotch the only way to go

Muffin

Yup... Closer to Faire, close to a bar, close to the highway= no bears..... All GOOD!!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Baron Doune

And there is the news as it stands today.

+10 close to faire
+10 across the street from the bar.

Tell us what we need to do Goody.

newenthusiast

Hi everyone!

Laurel and I will be up at Twig Saturday but heading home after close so she can be with her Dad on Sunday for Father's Day.

I look forward to seeing folks   :)

Those dragonflies on the Twig website are just about the cutest things I've ever seen! I love the dragonflies at Twig who so graciously eat many mosquitos for us. It's like having little dragonfly friends....

Sitara

I just got an invite to a wedding for the weekend of Twig.  Fortunately it was for a cousin of Georges whom I have never met so I am not going.  Twig is still on.  Oh and distance from the freeway doesn't mean there won't be bears.  We are about 2 blocks or less from 94 and we have bears in the back yard every year.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Muffin

Quote from: sitara on May 12, 2008, 07:55:57 AM
I just got an invite to a wedding for the weekend of Twig.  Fortunately it was for a cousin of Georges whom I have never met so I am not going.  Twig is still on.  Oh and distance from the freeway doesn't mean there won't be bears.  We are about 2 blocks or less from 94 and we have bears in the back yard every year.

Yay!! Glad you are still coming!!! Mischief with the Beer Wenches!!!

and....

NO!!! Don't say that about the bears.... Let me keep believing there won't be any!!  :o

Can't wait to see you!!

;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Goody

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on May 10, 2008, 11:25:11 PM
Goody,
Are you still in need of someone helping you beg for mead?
Me and my eyelashes are still available.  (especially since I am camping on your couch.)

Well we most certainly can bat our eyelashes! And you will have a bed. Its a twin made up with Tweety Bird bedding but it's better than a couch!

Goody

Quote from: newenthusiast on May 12, 2008, 06:15:40 AM
Hi everyone!

Laurel and I will be up at Twig Saturday but heading home after close so she can be with her Dad on Sunday for Father's Day.

I look forward to seeing folks   :)

Those dragonflies on the Twig website are just about the cutest things I've ever seen! I love the dragonflies at Twig who so graciously eat many mosquitos for us. It's like having little dragonfly friends....

The folks were telling me about the new ideas for the children's are and I thought of you! We love the dragonflies too. I've made several beaded necklaces with dragonfly charms.

Goody

Yay, no flood control!! Well as I said on some other posting somewhere is that we can try this place and if u don't like it we can do something different next year. I am kicking myself for not noticing the bathrooms while I was there. Dumb! but people that I have talked to say they are nice. I'll be out there on May 31 so perhaps I will stop again to confirm in person.

I am so excited. We are gonna have so much fun! I kinda felt bad that I didn't play a better hostess last yr in regards to showing off Duluth. U were literally 1/2 mi from overlook of all of Duluth. Not that anyone was in any shape to drive 2 ft on Fri (and I know some people did do some exploring on their own) but if anyone is interested perhaps we can load up in a minivan or two and take a lil nitetime tour on Fri. I enjoyed our Sun am breakfast. Would peeps be up for that again? I can find a good restaurant in the area. (similar to Perkins/Country Kitchen). IS IT TIME YET??