News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TWIG!

Started by DeadBishop, May 10, 2008, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

So Goody... What do we need to do from here? Is there a number for the campground to call and make reservations? Or are we just sending the money to you?  ;D

Let me know....

xoxo,
Muffin
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Goody

Oh right yes the details...It is $15 per night which can be sent to me. It'll be on my credit card.

Muffin

Thanks honey!! Just sent you a message...  ;D
A Captains Wench

Ette

divapixie

Yes, let's do breakfast again!!!!  PLEASE?  I loved that part!
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Marietta Graziella

Twig, yes.  You need people of intelligence on this sort of thing.  Mission.  Quest.  Where are we going?

Sorry, I have been totally out of it for a few weeks now.  Please Goody, post all pertinent info on a Page 12 type setting so I can have some consitency and familiarity to guide me.  I'm feeling lost. :-\
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

divapixie

I am officially working at the gate at Twig.  I'm getting more and more excited as things progress... and more and more excited about school being near over and getting away from teenagers for a good long while.

Goody

I'll be at the gate with you! We have a 2 hr shift and it should be while the Dregs are there!

divapixie

Goody

PAGE 12          PAGE 12            PAGE 12      PAGE 12

Olde World Renaissance Faire in Twig, MN    June 14 & 15   www.owrenfaire.com

Camping will be at Saginaw campground. (Disclaimer-we will try this place to see if it works well for the group. I am told they have nice showers) The cost is $15 per double occupancy per night (2 peeps in a tent. I believe it is $1 more for each person). Checks can be sent to me. "renmail" for address. I'll have the PVC sign up there. The tent site is off to the right when you come in. The area is kinda small, grassy, with 3 fire rings so we'll just be setting up tents whereever (like there's not "pads" or anything.)

R/F Members Attending and nights camping: (plz tell me if anything is incorrect!)

Tarac +1 - Fri/Sat  Pd

Muffin & Bacardi - Fri/ Sat Pd

Ladiedragon & Rage - Fri/Sat Pd

Baron/ess Doune - Fri/Sat Pd

Kiss-me-kate - Fri/Sat Goody's houseguest

Sleepyarcher & RenJen- Fri/Sat

Newenthusiast - at faire on Sat

Sitara -

Divapixie - Fri/Sat

Marietta Graziella -

Leyla -

MysticBob & nephew-

lady lily -

niemi - had to cancel

DB & Nyte -

renren -

Willum Povy +1 -

Caterina - performer

We need to discuss what people want to do for potluck etc. This is what I had. Plz let me know if people want changes.

Friday Dinner - on your own
Saturday Breakfast - Out to eat at Swamp Sisiters
Saturday Dinner - Nacho Bar (No need to bring anything!!) *UNLESS* (see below)
Sunday Breakfast - on your own

ok looking at breakfast out. Swamp Sisiters is famous and bout 3 mi down the road from fest. They aren't open on Sun but Im trying to see if they would open for us or else we could do it sat or go somewhere else on Sun. Any thoughts? OK so nobody gave me any thoughts, so I have changed for us to eat out on Sat morn instead.
http://www.swampsisters.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page

**Talked with sheriff today. He is willing to give afterparty passes for Sat. night. Please PM me if you would like to be on the list and # needed. Nacho bar will be there. If you prefer to go back to campground you can fend for urself or attempt a potluck??**

Also, is anybody interested in walking in the 1p parade with R/F banner? We can carry the one without the .com as the board feels it is not period but if anyone wants to represent?? PM me if ur interested.*****

Here are directions starting from U of M and going to campground and the fair.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-google-dd&utm_medium=ha

OK link didnt work. Hope this makes sense:

University of Minnesota
321 19th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55455   
Drive:   
1. Head south on 19th Ave S toward 4th St S495 ft
2. Turn left at Riverside Ave 0.7 mi
3. Slight left to merge onto I-94 E/US-12 E   1.6 mi
4. Take the exit on the left onto MN-280 N   3.3 mi
5. Merge onto I-35W N via the ramp to MN-36 E   20.0 mi
6. Continue on I-35 N   110 mi
7. Take exit 237 to merge onto MN-33 N toward Cloquet/Iron Range 11.2 mi
8. Take the US-2 ramp to Duluth/Grand Rapids   0.3 mi
9. Turn right at US-2 E   1.9 mi
10.Turn right at US-2      0.2 mi

Arrive at:
Saginaw Campground
6988 Highway 2
Saginaw, MN 55779

Drive to fest:   
6.2 mi – about 9 mins
6.2 mi – about 9 mins
11. Head northwest on US-2 toward MN-194   0.2 mi
12. Turn right at MN-194   2.6 mi
13. Turn left at Canosia Rd/County Rd 98 3.4 mi
14.Turn right at CR-7/Industrial Rd148 ft
Arrive at:
Industrial Rd Twig, MN

Leyla

Hi Goody!  Can you please message me your address for the camp money.  I sent you a PM, but I guess I must have done something wrong with it.

Thanks tons!

Goody

Yes have been busy with directions. Will send in a sec! :)

Muffin

Sending you a check today...  ;D

xoxo,
Muffin
A Captains Wench

Ette

mystycbob

I will be there, close to the Faire is great, close to the bar is great... how much is camping Goody??
Anyone want to split the cost of a site? I have a tent big enough for 2 possibly 3 LOL, I stayed in it all last season during fest in Shakopee.

Oh, and Angelina (Jo) from the Dregs posted on her Myspace that she has an extra motel room reservation ... going fast possibly gone... FYI LMAO

Blessed Be
Dovie Andi Sa Tovya Sagain

groomporter

Say hello to our friends from "the Attic" they'll be selling some of our games at Twig.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

This will be not only my first year attending Twig, but I'm also a performer/musical act.

Anything you can think of that I should know going in? I have no idea what the grounds are like, or what I should expect.