News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TWIG!

Started by DeadBishop, May 10, 2008, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Goody I need your address too.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Goody

Quote from: Caterina on May 15, 2008, 10:34:59 PM
This will be not only my first year attending Twig, but I'm also a performer/musical act.

Anything you can think of that I should know going in? I have no idea what the grounds are like, or what I should expect.

i have listened to you on ur website and the owners of the faire have raved about you, so I very much look forward to meeting you. I will be at the checkin table on Friday so you'll have tell me that u r Caterina. Just think Big field in Twig surrounded by trees on the perimeter mostly. All the entertainers who travel always comment on the beauty of the area. I believe that is why it is a soft site faire so it can be "returned to nature" each yr.

This is gonna be fun!!!

ladiedragon

Quote from: Goody on May 14, 2008, 09:01:23 AM
PAGE 12          PAGE 12            PAGE 12      PAGE 12

Olde World Renaissance Faire in Twig, MN    June 14 & 15   owrenfaire.com

Camping will be at Saginaw campground. (Disclaimer-we will try this place to see if it works well for the group. I am told they have nice showers) The cost is $15 per double occupancy (2 peeps in a tent. I believe it is $1 more for each person). Checks can be sent to me. "renmail" for address.

Here are directions starting from U of M and going to campground and the fair.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-google-dd&utm_medium=ha

OK link didnt work. Hope this makes sense:

University of Minnesota
321 19th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55455   
Drive:   
1. Head south on 19th Ave S toward 4th St S495 ft
2. Turn left at Riverside Ave 0.7 mi
3. Slight left to merge onto I-94 E/US-12 E   1.6 mi
4. Take the exit on the left onto MN-280 N   3.3 mi
5. Merge onto I-35W N via the ramp to MN-36 E   20.0 mi
6. Continue on I-35 N   110 mi
7. Take exit 237 to merge onto MN-33 N toward Cloquet/Iron Range 11.2 mi
8. Take the US-2 ramp to Duluth/Grand Rapids   0.3 mi
9. Turn right at US-2 E   1.9 mi
10.Turn right at US-2      0.2 mi

Arrive at:
Saginaw Campground
6988 Highway 2
Saginaw, MN 55779

Drive to fest:   
6.2 mi – about 9 mins
6.2 mi – about 9 mins
11. Head northwest on US-2 toward MN-194   0.2 mi
12. Turn right at MN-194   2.6 mi
13. Turn left at Canosia Rd/County Rd 98 3.4 mi
14.Turn right at CR-7/Industrial Rd148 ft
Arrive at:
Industrial Rd Twig, MN

If this sounds stupid let me know.. when we get to the camp grounds..should we be letting the person in charge know that we are with the R/F group? or ....? um.. are we in a certain area? or.....? not really sure where I am going with this..

Marietta Graziella

Good question LD.  Perhaps they'll have us in a roped off area with big quarentine signs all around...    ;D   Goody, will you be putting up the R/F banner again?  That was such a nice touch last year.  It felt like out own private area. 
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Goody

Yeah I'll have the PVC sign up there. It is not big at all! There is only one tent site as far as I can tell. I don't think you'll need to check in since it's prepaid. The are is kinda small, grassy, with 3 fire rings so we'll just be setting up tents whereever (like there's not "pads" or anything.

Baron Doune

Ya know,  may be biting off more than I can chew, but does anyone feel like doing a mulligan stew, or something along those lines on Sat night?

Will start another topic if there's interest.

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2346/mulligan-stew.asp

ladiedragon

Quote from: Goody on May 16, 2008, 08:00:11 PM
Yeah I'll have the PVC sign up there. It is not big at all! There is only one tent site as far as I can tell. I don't think you'll need to check in since it's prepaid. The are is kinda small, grassy, with 3 fire rings so we'll just be setting up tents whereever (like there's not "pads" or anything.

so we be able to easily find our "group" then.

SleepyArcher

Great we will get the crappy site since we are only staying Saturday  :-\

ho hum

Goody

Quote from: Sleepy on May 17, 2008, 01:51:21 AM
Great we will get the crappy site since we are only staying Saturday  :-\

ho hum

There is no "site" more crappier than the other. It's a hunk of grass along the highway (with a row of pine trees in between. Remember it is closer to the faire with a BAR right next door!

SleepyArcher

On another note. I have been wanting to get a new camping grill and this sounds like the oppertune time to get one for. We have a griddle for our stove so I am offering the make pancakes and sausage for sunday morning. So if people want to volunteer to bring the other stuff like plates, forks, and syrup, OJ that would be nice.

divapixie

Perhaps some of us could make a breakfast food run Saturday night after fest but before festivities.  I'd be willing to help with that.  Have I mentioned how excited I am?  I'm super excited.

PS... and yet another shameless plug for me... I'll be bringing my jewelry supplies and items for sale with me even though I will not be vending in any way shape or form at Twig.  So, if anyone has seen something in my shop and would like haggle with me, here's your chance to do it in person.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Baron Doune

You're going to love that grill Sleepy.  I picked up a cast iron one from REI that sits on top of the coleman stove.  Very even heat.

Lady_Lily

Quote from: Baron Doune on May 16, 2008, 08:36:22 PM
Ya know,  may be biting off more than I can chew, but does anyone feel like doing a mulligan stew, or something along those lines on Sat night?

Will start another topic if there's interest.

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2346/mulligan-stew.asp

That looks delish!!! Still interested in this idea?

Would we like to attempt any other meals at all?? Not sure who's arriving when on Friday and then there's breakfast on Saturday as well...oh wait, we may have that covered! :)

Goody

Quote from: Sleepy on May 18, 2008, 07:38:29 AM
On another note. I have been wanting to get a new camping grill and this sounds like the oppertune time to get one for. We have a griddle for our stove so I am offering the make pancakes and sausage for sunday morning. So if people want to volunteer to bring the other stuff like plates, forks, and syrup, OJ that would be nice.

So are we cancelling our breakfast out as previously planned for Sun morn? Or should we potluck breakfast on Sat morn and still restaurant for Sun morn?

Also, I was avoiding this as I can't say for sure but remember last yr when I got afterparty passes for all of you but we already had Nachos planned at my house and then nobody wanted to go. Well I was hoping the sheriff would allow us passes again and I plan to bring nachos there on top of whatever they may have. This is not definite so if the group would prefer to go with Mulligan stew and potluck that's ok or else just wing it!

ladiedragon

we may be interested in the after party passes thing..