News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Royal Commission

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, July 14, 2008, 01:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I have been hesitant to share this at first. But as the weeks get closer for the start of the MNRF season, I said.."What the heck!"

A Rochester couple came to me on 2 July for a need to have a Doublet made for the season. It turns out that we share the same Hair stylist. After sharing their dilema, my name was given out as well as my email address. After much going back and forth, we finally met.

The Doublet in question is for Prince James, brother of King Henry at the MNRF. The doublet will be of a Coppery Tarnished Gold fabric with tons of 4mm Black Diamond Cut beads sewn on in a  geometric design that will sparkle in the sunlight.  Striping will be narrow balck soutach. There will be added Black piping, buttons down the front.

When you attend the MNRF, be sure to say hello to the Prince. I was told that doing a commission for a cast member who plays a ROYAL is a big deal.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

lady serena

Congrats on your commision. ;D
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Marietta Graziella

Huzzah and congratulations!!!!  Can't wait to see it in person this season
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Sounds beautiful, Lady K.  Sadly, we can't make the trip to MN this year but will look forward to seeing it the next time we visit there.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

renren

I'll be looking for your work on the Prince,as well as wearing my own bit of your work! ;)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

peggyelizabeth

how wonderful!
I'm sure it will be beautiful & I can't wait to see it on the Prince. BTW, is he single? He's not terribly disfigured from the pox or somewhat crazy is he?

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Alas and sad to say that the Prince is already spoken for.   

peggyelizabeth

well, I'm already spoken for too, but you can't blame a girl for trying!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Royal Commission  so far.

There will be cuffs for the sleeves, Tabs at the shoulders, and of course, as collar. An unfished idea as to how things will look. The Prince will outshine the King.

As you can see, the soutach gives the Doublet a richer look, giving texture to the amin fabric. The beading will shimmer in the sunlight. I will post the finished product in the sewing thread.

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

That is looking beautiful!  Knowing John, he won't like being outshone.  Now I have something to tease him about!
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Very beautiful as always Kathy.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to working with you again.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

nliedel

That is stimply the most stunning garb I've ever seen.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Sorcha

Very lovely.  I can't wait to see the finished doublet!
M~

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The beading and soutach on on the sleeves. There are over 350 4mm beads on each sleeve. Imagine what the Doublet Body will have.

Thanks everyone. The Prince will happy to know that he will be well recieved.

Lord Figaro

Abso-floggin-lutley beautiful Lady Kathleen. It's gonna look incredible, of this I have no doubt.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana