News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Eastern Border Ridings of Glenlivet

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 12:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

My Queen, I can pronounce, after extended recon and patrol, that the boders to your east are secure, free from scourge, evil, and bad-nasty-peeps...

It was wonderful to see you at Scarby, along with the other members of our court.

I will use this space to keep you updated of this little sector of the realm.

Courlty HUGS!

Your Humble Amras
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Amras Elfwine

All quiet here in the East, good soveriegn...if you can call an evening drinking good scotch whisky with Scotsman and Lady Guiness quiet...a fine, fair evening with faire friends is always special. Would that you had been with us....

Going on an extended dismounted patrol of sectors to my south in the morning. I will report in...though we are past prime peep season, one never knows...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Amras Elfwine

Just in from a brisk 15K patrol around the trails on Ft. Meade...a grand, cool morning for it...the orchestra for my hiking soundtrack this morning consisted of the following: cardinals, wrens, sparrows, robins, red-winged black birds, ravens, several red-tailed hawks, the occasional jay, ground squirrels (of course) in grey, black and brown, dozens of chipmunks, cotton-tail rabbits...it was a spring-themed concert...so good to be alive and in the fresh air...

No signs of peep activity. Thats what we call a "Negative Situation Report", (or SITREP).

Love to all!!
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

Grammercy Amras for your help in my Realm! I do appreciate it. I was away at Scarby this lasy weekend recruiting new members of Foktop! Kill the Peeps!
Glad to hear the Eastern Ridings are free from Evil Peeps!  Hugs! Twas grand to see you and your lady and friends at Scarby!
I have just returned from there and busy catching up!
I was so pleased, happy and surprised to see my realm is back again! Tears of joy are spewing forth!
This is a wonderous place!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Amras Elfwine

Just back from a patrol up north, in the province known as "Pennsylvania", Majesty...no enemy activity to report...had many good weissen beers at a German-themed inn named "Otto's", in Willow Grove...the locals are all very friendly... 8)
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

Grammercy for your report, Amras!
We are pleased the Peeps seem to be quiet of late! Tis good to partake of liquid refreshment while on patrol! I approve!
Keep up your vigilance and good work! I must be away for a few days- The Realm is in your hands!
Huzzah !
Wingardium Leviosa!

Amras Elfwine

Nothing going on here in the East except several days of glorious weather! Sunny and cool...must be that "global cooling" thing I keep hearing about... 8)
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

Well, now, it seems to have been awhile...The Eastern Ridings are secure and safe, if a bit soggy.
We had several days of what can only be described as "Tropical" weather at faire this past weekend, though the crowds were good!

Met Louie, from the old CBS show "Pirate Master", and his lovely wife Linda, at Faire on Saturday. A very real, laid-back and fun couple. Presented them with Ocalan Acorns. Look forward to fishing with them in southern Maryland.

The weather is looking good for this weekend.

And...we are on constant patrol, as rumor has it that Halloween Peeps will soon be attempting to infiltrate the border...a peep-slaying is an ugly thing, and IT's HIGH TIME WE HAD ONE!

Cheers!
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

Indeed! A peep slaying will cheer me up every time!  How DARE they try to take over Halloween.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Amras Elfwine

Border Patrol Update, 27 Oct 08.

While working undercover at a party Saturday night, I did dance with a very cute peep in yellow fishnets...interrogation revealed that there will be HEAVY Peep activity this Friday...we are prepared to repell all sticky yellow sweetness!!

Amras, Squirrel Brigade Commander
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

ARRGGH! Grammercy for the Report Amras! Dratted Evil Peeps!
A Peep was discovered hiding in the flag at the Prince of Wales Pub. It was totally destroyed! Huzzah FOKTOP! We are recruiting many new FOKTOP members to help us slay the Evil Peeps! Tis a noble deed!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Amras Elfwine

Cold, blustery and short, short days here in the Border Ridings...just right for evening fires and good whisky!

We in the East send all our best wishes for the Thanksgiving season to all of Glenlivet!

The Spirit of Ren...
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! And here in the Southwest tis cloudy and warmish.  Evening fire and a good single malt weather here too!
Hugs to all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Wingardium Leviosa!

Amras Elfwine

Sgt of the Guard on watch in Glenlivet Border Riding area...

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/news-oddphotos/27/
R/F member since 2004

Queen Bonnie

Hopefully not a Peep in sight! LOL! Strange photos! OHHHMMM.
Wingardium Leviosa!