News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Calling all FOPS

Started by Master James, July 15, 2008, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

I have done both the natural and "clown" white. I just prefer the "clown" white. Like other have said including yourself you will need to experiment some. Try diferent colors and powders and use what works best for you.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Kiss-me-Kate

For the lip color, use Revlon's color stay lip gloss.  It has the color you apply on one side.  You let that dry, then apply the gloss over on the other side.  It keeps all day, so you can drink/eat or kiss someone etc.
Sleepy borrowed mine at Twig last month and looked fab-u-lesss!

I got mine at Target or Walgreen's.

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Master James

Thanks for the information.  I finally put on lipstick the other day (for a Girl Scout camp of all things) and I didn't think it would hold too well without lots of touchups.  So knowing this will work well is good news.  And the reason I had the lipstick on is our camp theme is mystery and I work in a center were the campers come to do things, well we are doing lip prints and they needed to have one more set so I volunteered!  The girls said I put it on correctly, well good enough to get the prints anyway!  LOL  Again, thanks for the heads up!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Marietta Graziella

I second Kate's recommendation for the Revlon Color Stay lip color in the long thin tube.  The darker the color, the longer it will last.  I've woke up in the morning with a full set of lips still on!  Now the glossy part of that stuff rubs off easily so you may want to keep that handy for pictures, etc. but your color will last all day if you don't eat too much greasy food.

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Master James

Thank you one and all who provided help and advice to me on becoming a FOP!  This past weekend was our Day of Wrong and even though we were sewing the final things sitting in the parking lot of MDRF before I put it on, it was amazing and a GREAT deal of fun!  I still have more to do to the garb yet but had just flat run out of time so by the next time I wear it it should be even better!  I even had a number of people say that I should do that as a regular character!  Sleepy, as you said, it was a BLAST and I can't wait to do it again!  Anyway, here are a few pictures the debut of Sir P.A. (Poof Alot).

If you want to see the full album of all the pictures, here is my album and thanks again to everyone who provided me help and encouragement!

http://community.webshots.com/album/568150439jmdyEZ
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Pinn

Master James, you are such a scream. Love the outfit
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Master James

Glad you liked it Pinn!  See you in a few weeks at CRF!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Oh yes! That whole outfit/persona was a blast! I absolutely love love LOVE the colors you put together! It was beautiful and you played the part SO well! I had so much fun watching people you know  - pretty well in fact - look at you like "who the heck are you?" when you approached them! It was awesome!  :)

Dallan

Ok I was one of those who didn't recognize him. Master James and his wife called me over to say hi. I sound hello and how are you. Finally his wife said to me you don't know who he is do you? I confessed and LMAO once he announced himself.  :o  Master James – you were awesome.
Fight'n

Adriana Rose

YOu look fabbo!

I know this is late but there is a really simple thing that keeps makeup on all day other than the baby powder. Spray your face with a light puff of hair spray.. it works really well!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Master James no doubt you got me on this one. I could not believe that was you. You were MARVELOUS! :o
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Amy of York

I love  the picture  sir. You look great!  i would not have known it was you.   Really good !

( P.S.-  Being that you are first officer   on my pirate ship, I would not show that picture   to the guys on our pirate crew if i were you  ..you make get  some  strange offers    ! ;D ;D )

Seriously though. Great picture ! Great imagination ! :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Amras Elfwine

...O...M...G...LMAO!!...Master James, I know I was quite, well, er, "hammered" early on Sunday, but ony in looking at your pictures now do I realize that YOU were the fop to whom I was talking...incredible! Very well done..., and I did not recognize yuh at'all...Huxzzah!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

SleepyArcher

Awesome job!!!! FOPtabulous!!!!!!
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Athena

WOW Master James, what a transformation! You look great!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb