News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to MDRF 2019

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 12:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

Quote from: SirBlackFox on June 03, 2008, 09:23:40 AM
To help prepare ourselves for MDRF's arrival, NoirCyn and I got into our Black Fox regalia and parked the truck on the grass.  We listened to Albanach on the CD player and moved the truck forward 2 feet every half hour from 7pm untill 10 pm last night.  To make it more memorable, we hired a neighborhood kid to throw white gravel dust into a fan blowing on the truck and paid his dad to get drunk, stumble onto the hood, scream "Huzzah" and puke.

It was almost like being there.

Now that's FUNNY! :D
Fight'n

Scotsman

Don't encourage him Dallan  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

will paisley

Quote from: Scotsman on June 04, 2008, 06:17:47 AM
Quote from: jmkhalfmoon on June 03, 2008, 02:42:28 PM
Well you certainly keep busy you don't you.  I thought we were doing a lot by trying to hit four faires this year, but I bow in honor to your dedication.

Not at all friend. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be in an area that is sooo close to so many faires. All are within reach and a relatively close drive (except TNRF). We are also very fortunate to have jobs that allow us the flexibility to travel. We feel truly blessed. Please, come play with us when you can.

Close is indeed a "relative" term.  We make VARF, MDRF and PARF each year, and make a one weekend schlepp to CRF for pirates' weekend every November.  We keep meaning to make NCRF, but something usually manages to come up.  If TNRF is not "relatively close" and CRF is, then I doubt I'll be making it to that faire any time soon.

I end up spending the rest of my copious free time in the 18th century, which is fun in a different way, and considerably closer.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

jmkhalfmoon

Will forgive my ignorance, do you Revo war reenactment?....your reference to 18th Century makes me ask the question.

will paisley

Quote from: jmkhalfmoon on June 05, 2008, 03:17:22 PM
Will forgive my ignorance, do you Revo war reenactment?....your reference to 18th Century makes me ask the question.

Reenactment, but not war or anything that involves spending the night outside.  I do gentry from the 1750s to colonial, mostly balls, though I was Governor Shirley's secretary for Braddock Day at the Carlyle House this year.  Old Town Alexandria is virtually soggy with 18th century history, and you can't swing a cat without hitting some historical building where George Washington slept or Thomas Jefferson had brunch.  I'm a more or less active member of the Living History Foundation, so there's a better than average chance that we have some Rev reenactor acquaintances in common.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

jmkhalfmoon

Thanks for the into to the Living History Foundation.  I've always wanted to do a ball at Gatsby's and try my hand at making clothes of the period.  Something to add to the never ending list. 

Amras Elfwine

What a day...relatively cool...nice and dry...my Fairever Pass came in the mail today...what a day!

Need I mention it...72 days...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

analise

You only just now got your pass, Amras? *tsk!* I've had mine for weeks already. :)

Amras Elfwine

Yes, I blame simple recalcitrance...funny thing, though...I ordered it much later than last year, but have almost the same number as last year's card...they must not be selling quite as fast these days...

It was fun sweating with you on Sunday!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

analise

Mine was number 43, I think (I remember being disappointed I didn't get 42). Last year, mine was 111, but I think I didn't order until sometime in June at the earliest.

Though I guess there isn't as much incentive to get them this year as there was last year or something without all the anniversary hoopla going on.

And it was fun sweating with you too. :D Maybe we can sweat some more on Saturday. Hee!

Amras Elfwine

I have #55 this year...had #51 las year.

I will be sweating at the Potomac Celtic Fest on Saturday. The weather may be a bit dicey, but its good training...
R/F member since 2004

Scotsman

Got you both beat ... went from 98/99 last year to 18/19 this year ... that and $4 bucks will get me a beer at the White Hart  ;D

I'll be sweating it out at VARF this weekend ...

71 days!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady_Glorianna

No passes here, just anxiously waiting for the date and time of our first rehearsal ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Count Adolfo

Quote from: SirBlackFox on June 03, 2008, 09:23:40 AM
To help prepare ourselves for MDRF's arrival, NoirCyn and I got into our Black Fox regalia and parked the truck on the grass.  We listened to Albanach on the CD player and moved the truck forward 2 feet every half hour from 7pm untill 10 pm last night.  To make it more memorable, we hired a neighborhood kid to throw white gravel dust into a fan blowing on the truck and paid his dad to get drunk, stumble onto the hood, scream "Huzzah" and puke.

It was almost like being there.

ROFL!  Great, now my computer screen is drenched in coffee!
You know, you can avoid all of this if you arrive really early and do the "Mimosa Morning"
just have to be careful not to enjoy it too much... or you end up back in the lot sleeping it off halfway through the day...
:P

Amras Elfwine

...*ahem*...a poem...

Five Zero
To go

That is all... 8)
R/F member since 2004