News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visiting Scarborough for the first time

Started by Hoyden, January 25, 2014, 11:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoyden

We will start with the Sea Hag on day 1 and then try the one of the others.  Any acts that we shouldn't miss? I am sorry that we won't be there when Danger Committee is there.  We'll have to wait to see them in MD in the fall.

Jackie

lys1022

Quote from: Hoyden on January 31, 2014, 01:45:39 PM
Quote from: SirRichardBear on January 31, 2014, 12:00:45 PM
Yes there are at least two.  One at the Captain's Pub Sea Hag stage, a second at Kings Pub.  I also believe they have started doing something a the Dirty Duck

I have to say that the pub sing at MDRF is our favorite part of the day so we will definitely try to go to one each day.  Looking at the schedule on the website, only the Sea Hag and the Dirty Duck pub sings are listed.  Do you think that means that the Kings Pub no longer has a pub sing or it is just not listed?

I believe that the Dirty Duck and the King's Pub sings were combined and all of those participants are now down at the Dirty Duck.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Hoyden

Quote from: lys1022 on March 05, 2014, 10:58:10 AM
I believe that the Dirty Duck and the King's Pub sings were combined and all of those participants are now down at the Dirty Duck.

That works well for us as we will only have two days so we can hit the Sea Hag one day and the Dirty Duck the next.  The 2014 schedule is not posted yet on the website. How late do they normally wait to post the schedule?

Thanks,

Jackie

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Hoyden on March 06, 2014, 09:21:06 PM....  The 2014 schedule is not posted yet on the website. How late do they normally wait to post the schedule? ....
It should be pretty quick now.  They get all their final contracts returned in Jan & Feb, as I understand it.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Alerrick Afon Adou

The schedule,Featured Acts,and SAPA are posted now... There is a new woodturner to the village of Scarborough and Its ME......................Huzzah

Hector_

Greetings all,
Merlin, m'Lady Catalina, well met,

After years of attending TRF, and now Sherwood, I will be visiting Scarborough for the first time come May.  And would like to ask a few questions:
Are we herded out at closing?  At 7 of the clock? Is there any after hour get togethers or activities?  After hour tailgating?  Any pubs or bars out on the town worth venturing to?  I am used to continuing into the campgrounds, and a lad can get so spoiled sometimes.

Thank thee,
Lord Hector

VIII

If you head into Waxahachie, please change out of Faire garb into more conventional mundane clothing. Visit the College Street Pub!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

DonaCatalina

Tartanic usually is performing outside while everyone is leaving.  So its more going out to hear them rather than being pushed out.
Our little group doesn't hang around long; but we generally shed out faire accoutrements in the parking lot, drink some water or cokes and wait out the line a little.
The College Street Pub is good. The King knows whereof he speaks.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Hector_

Our plans do put us at College Street Pub on Friday night.  I imagine it will be quite a crowd. 
Water, cokes, check.
I am looking forward to finally visiting!
_Hector