News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let's Bring Back The "HUZZAH"

Started by Craigmeister, July 16, 2008, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on July 23, 2008, 08:24:43 AM
I'll convert them all, one cubicle at a time...

You're mission is progressing nicely M'Lady. Soon, very soon.. we shall have them all under our control. ... MWUHAHAHAHA.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Lady Elizabeth

I plan on having an entire marching band chanting it at the end of next week. I like to dream big. That way when football season rolls around people will be hearing it at the games. Oh I'm so excited for faire!

Ginette

Quote from: blue66669 on July 23, 2008, 08:24:43 AM
Everyone here at work is used to my HUZZAH's already. It's almost common for me to yell HUZZAH from my office at least 4 times a day. I'll convert them all, one cubicle at a time...

I am now on a quest to bring HUZZAH to my office as well!  Thank you Blue!

:)
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

groomporter

I think part of it is us jaded old farts at older fairs are more inclined to say

"Ha - F***ing - za"   ::)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Craigmeister

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Poldugarian Warrior

"Huzzah!" Yes, let's bring it back. I've been to a few concerts and watched a few sportign events in some bars this year and attended a rodeo and Monster Truck show at a county fair. And I was yellin Huzzah when I felt something warranted it. It's sort of like a word for approval. Yeah, can always be misconstrued as sarcasm, and yes or no don't really capture the excitement, but yea or nay are cool. and can't be misconstued as anything else. So I say bring back Huzzah! And especially if your a faire goer you knwo what it means so there's no embarassment when used, now your friedns and the people around you may look at you funny, but oh well. I look at it as evryone has their own way of cheering and this is just our way.