News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GLMF this weekend- anyone?

Started by Lady Celynn, July 16, 2008, 09:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Celynn

Anyone else going to GLMF this weekend?  We're planning on going Sunday.

anne of oaktower

Michael and I will be there!  Both days....HUZZAH! 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

PesterTheJester

Sorry is the weekend I'll be at a Ren Faire in Gloucester, VA.  But I'll be back for the last 3 weekends of GLMF

Scarlett

Saturday for me and Morwyn.  We'll miss you by a day!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

DuCoeur

See you all in a few hours!!!!  Brava!!!
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

PesterTheJester

Who's coming up the weekend of the 26th?

I'll be up there this weekend WITH MY DOG!  =)  I'm excited, this is his first faire.  I might try to see if I can get a jester cap on him, but don't count on it.

mumsies

Mumsies and the Mister will be there this weekend...see you then!

DuCoeur

WAs hoping to do do both but RL is putting up barriers...See you all Sunday.

With it being Pirate we may see a familiar face lurking about as well...Rumour has it!!!
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

chriscat53

Josie is pestering/jestering me to go to GLMF this weekend. It apparently is Roman Weekend. Do people just wear their regular stuff or do they do togas? It's 13th Century and I'm a Moor. That's a-moor-ray.

Professor M

Chris, I've seen both.  Plenty of patrons in their regular garb, and a few in togas.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

PesterTheJester

I am very happy to announce my dog loves ren faire just like me!

mumsies

We will be missing you all this weekend, but MacRee and I will be there to help you close out for final weekend! See you all then!

Lady Celynn

Rick and I are planning on going this weekend (Saturday) and we hope to see lots of friendly faces.  BTW anyone else going in Roman garb?

DuCoeur

I will see everyone on Sunday.

Next weekend is Finale weekend....I will be going both days, first time since opening.  I hope we can send GLMF off for another for another winter slumber with lots of raucous merriment, and eyes full of tears.  Plus Owain Phyfe making his only shire appearance this season.  Not to be missed.

chriscat53

Josie and I and Brit will be there this weekend. The last time I wore 13th century garb was at Pennsic 2006. In Grove City I ran into two of Josie's high school friends(male) in the Sheetz and scared the ---- out of them by calling them by name. Since I do Catherine the Moor for Medieval (Southern Italy) I think they thought I was an Arab terrorist.

A few weeks ago I found that this is actually real! I got my matrilineal DNA results back from Ancestry.com.

I am Haplogroup J--probably J2. We brought herding and farming to Europe.  "Average frequency of J Haplogroup as a whole is highest in the Near East (12%), followed by Europe (11%), Caucasus (8%) and North Africa (6%)....... J2 is more localised around the Mediterranean, Greece, Italy/Sardinia and Spain. In Pakistan, where West Eurasian lineages occur at frequencies of up to 50% in some ethno-linguistic groups, J1 averages around 5%, while J2 occurrence is very rare. Intriguingly, however, it is found amongst 9% of Kalash, a small ethnic community dwelling in the Hindu Kush mountains of Pakistan."