News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend themes for the 2008 Season!

Started by Lady_Glorianna, May 14, 2008, 07:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

August 23rd & 24th:                                                       
Children's Weekend
All kids 11 and under are admitted free. 

Princess & Pirate Party from 11:30am - 12:30pm. 
Wee lads and lasses are invited to the Boars Head  (located near Market Stage) beginning at 11:30am for a Princess and Pirate Party. 

August 30th, 31st & September 1st: 
Magic Weekend
A celebration featuring the finest magicians in the realm!

September 1st: Seniors Day free!
On Labor Day Monday, all Seniors 62+ will be admitted free.

September 6th & 7th:
Irish Celebration
Music and dance from Ireland.  Special surprises in store!

Saturday, September 6th - an ASL Performance Day.  Selected Stage shows will be interpreted by Sharava Interpreting Service.

September 13th & 14th:
Scottish Celebration
Music & dance from Scotland - and caber toss too!

September 27th & 28th:
Adventure Weekend - it's a Pirate invasion!
Seafaring, pirates and the age of exploration.  This weekend we explore beyond the shores of England.  Learn about life at sea.  Hear stories of great adventures.  And of course, matey- there be pirates!  Pirate costume contest for both adults & children.  Prizes will be awarded for the best pirate costume - head to toe. 

October 4th & 5th:
Oktoberfest!
German music and dancing!

Sunday, October 12th - an ASL Performance Day.  Selected stage shows will be interpreted.

October 18th & 19th:
Chivalry Weekend
The Renaissance, a time of romance!  And on this weekend we celebrate chivalry and love. 

On Sunday, October 19th, couples are invited to renew their commitment vows at a special ceremony at 11am at the Royal Stage, with a reception for couples to follow immediately at the White Hart Tavern
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

thedeuce

Chivalry Weekend sounds a lot like the Romance Weekend of years gone by.  Any plans for the old activities, like the wearing of numbers, etc, or is to too early to tell?

Lady_Glorianna

What you describe seems to me to be singles day within romance weekend. I don't know that it will be back although I don't believe it to be likely since it has not been announced. Note that this is my personal impression.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Irish celebration ... Awesome add!

I will be at ORF for Scottish weekend ... I will have to try to get home for some of the celebration!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

jmkhalfmoon

My luck, I send the kids off to Grandma's on the kid's free weekend :)

Sunday might be a good day to come out and play sans kids.

Count Adolfo

so, our invasion lands on MAGIC weekend
fitting...
since we're going to (I'm sure) make a LOT of alcohol MAGICALLY disappear!

rivver

There are a couple of weekends without themes... is this an oversight, or just no themes to add?

(one of the weekends is when I'll be a guest vendor... So I am curious!!)

Antoine

Lady_Glorianna

For the last couple of seasons, not all weekends have had a "theme" to them.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Some of the special guests have been posted!

September 13th & 14th:
Scottish Celebration
Music & dance from Scotland - and caber toss too!  Special Guest Performers:  After their premiere at the festival to enthusiastic crowds last season, Albannach returns to rock the house with their pipes & drums for our Scottish Celebration weekend.

September 27th & 28th:
Pirate Adventure Weekend - it's a Pirate invasion!
Seafaring, pirates, and the age of exploration.  This weekend we explore beyond the shores of England.  Learn about life at sea.  Hear stories of great adventures.  Music from our very own Pyrates Royale, and that visitng crew from the shores of New York - The Crimson Pirates.  Pirate costume contest for both adults & children.  Prizes will be awarded for the best pirate costume - head to toe. 

October 18th & 19th:
Chivalry Weekend
The Renaissance, a time of romance!  And on this weekend we celebrate chivalry and love.  The Mediaeval Baebes return to the MD Renaissance Festival to delight fans, and introduce music from their brand new CD.

On Sunday, October 19th, couples are invited to renew their commitment vows at a special ceremony at 11am at the Royal Stage, with a reception for couples to follow immediately at the White Hart Tavern
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair