News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Courtly Matters

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 12:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

My Gnome, Gnorbert is in the A/C too. He is happy to tend my indoor potted plants and play with the Royal felines.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Lady Ashly

I would very badly like to have some gnomes for my gardens as well. How do you keep the wild Boston Terriers from trying to eat them though? The last wee one we had almost did not make it. The dogs chewed off all of his clothes!!
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Queen Bonnie

The Gnomes from Target land are metal. Do dogs chew cast iron? LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Anna Iram

Maybe an Irondale Terrier your Majesty?

Old Tinker

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 29, 2009, 01:40:59 PM
The Gnomes from Target land are metal. Do dogs chew cast iron? LOL!

our most beloved, generous, gracious Queen Bonnie,
may your Old Tinker speak on dogs and cast iron.
me Belle and me had a mutt, that was part chow and part lab (most chow, as he look'd). we had a gas grill once(cast iron), and this is the story.
me daughter, maggie and her man were grill'n steaks upon said grill, (now me Belle and me never before this incident had cook'd meat on the grill, we always just used it for veggies). so after cook'n there steaks, they come indoors to eat and let the grill cool prior to cleaning it. well our dog,( he was about 75 pound'r, with not a bit of fat on him. his name was Martin Bear), Martin decided that he liked the smell of the grill/steaks. when me maggie came to get me, Martin had chew'd the side out of the grill and was work'n and the rack. he had actually eaten the side of it. only bits and pieces left on the ground. he had a couple of rough days after, but everything came out okay.  ;) Martin was alright and me's got a new grill.  ;D

thank you for the audience, Queen of everything,
your Old Tinker, always, is right here when you need,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Queen Bonnie

Oh MY! I have never heard of a dog eating a grill! The Chow part must have chowed down!!! I learn something every day! LOL! You always make me smile Old Tinker! My love to you and Belle!  Royal Hugs!
Glad the Royal Felines don't eat metal! I can only imagine the steel wool hairball!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

Perhaps they are Steel mouthed Retrievers? Or maybe an iron deficiency?

Lady Ashly

*skips in merrily* My Queen!!! I do believe we shall be getting some nice rain for the Royal Garden! Now maybe the gnomes will be in a better mood. :)
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Queen Bonnie

No rain here- sadly.  The gnomes are in hiding. My roses are mostly dead.
Sad times here!
I need to banish reality. Having way too much lately!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Ashly

Huzzah to that! Sometimes reality needs a swift kick in the bum to send it sailing out the window!

Queen Bonnie

fie on reality!
I will be replacing my roses with cactus!!!
Feeling better today. Having working A/C helps!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Ashly

Trust me... I know! My a/c was out for 4 1/2 days! I was so excited when it was fixed yesterday. The a/c is officially one thing I can honestly say I can't EVER live without. (Well as long as I am living in Texas at least, lol)

Queen Bonnie

I spoke too soon. a/C died again. Needs a motor. it is ordered. I hope this ends my problems!!! 60 days of over 100 degree days! ARRGGH! What a Summer!
It was 90 in my Royal Kitchen. Good way to not want to eat much.
Anticipating an OK A/C soon- I hope!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Ashly

Good luck to you Bonnie! I thought mine was fixed as well, but alas when I got home yesterday it was off again. I have the same problem as you... it needs a new motor.  :-\

Queen Bonnie

Mine is FIXED! I got a new Motor at last!  I hope yours is too Lady Ashlyn! It is depressing to be too hot and uncomfortable.  Fie on the A/C Nargles! banishing them all!
Hope you are cool by now?
Wingardium Leviosa!