News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Courtly Matters

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 12:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 30, 2015, 10:36:11 AM
Surgeon put a new elbow in... She just needs some healing time...

are you talking about your magic wand here ??
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Queen Bonnie

yes! We both have them!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Merlin the Elder

Hugs back... I saw the storms on the radar... Take care, my Queen!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Sua Maestà è più saggio!

Perchance a song will entertain the court. Tis one of my favorites, which in sooth, I may share a vocal rendition of in any shire to which I am privileged to visit and asked to do so.

"Non lo diro col Labbro"

"Non lo diro col Labbro
Che tanto ardir non ha;
Forse con le faville
Dell'avide pupille,
Per dir come tutt'ardo,
Lo sguardo Parlera."

Translation:

"I will not say it with my lips
which have not that courage;
Perhaps the sparks of my burning eyes,
Revealing my passion,
My glance will speak."
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

Amras Elfwine

Greetings, Majesty. Fortune has shined upon me, allowing a return to your service.
I shall be working on the List of Court for a few days, and shall notify Your Grace when it is updated.

Your Humble Amras
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Ice Mage

Hello Wonderful Members of her most Royal Court.  I have returned from my Long Journey into dark and forgotten realms.  To Once Again, Rejoin my Family here in the Court.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Trillium

Welcome back good sir! The court has sadly been very quiet lately but a few of us lurk in the corners keeping away the cobwebs!
Got faerie dust?

Ice Mage

Perhaps it is time to once again breathe life into these sleepy halls.  Awaken those who have quietly slumbered, and bring in a new generation to mentor and carry her Majesty's Queendom into the future.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Ice Mage

It appears her most Majestic and Royal Queen Bonnie, has lost much of her court.  Those of us who still stand for her and the late Lord A, Need to stand up and be counted.  Let's bring this court and Kingdom to life once more.  I was strolling through the kingdom of Fairehaven last fall, and a Pirate noticed the symbol of our kingdom on my doublet.  He commented on how that's a rare sight these days.  Almost like our Kingdom is an ancient civilization, of which has long since fallen.  I say it shall never be lost or fallen, so long as we keep it alive.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I once had the pleasure of meeting Queen Bonnie at Tex renfest many years ago. I hope others will return and make R/F what it once used to be.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Ice Mage

Not sure if this will ever be what it once was, but we can try to build on it's foundations.  And create something unique in its own right.

Merlin the Elder

We are few, I'm afraid.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Ice Mage

True, But Quality over Quantity any day

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I had the honor of tossing back a half a dozen Rusty Nails, with Queen Bonnie, at the Scarby Rendezvous...

Little did I know that it would be one of the last clear memories from that day. :o :(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Ice Mage

Lol. I bet so.  But a Great memory none the less