News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where is your faire?

Started by Valiss, July 17, 2008, 01:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valiss

I don't mean literally, but figuratively.  My home faire takes place in an English town called Donnybrooke.  Where are you when you go to faire?

PurpleDragon

New Market Village is where I play (because I cannot call the job I have there WORK) for 8 weekends in the fall each year.

Scarborough be the place I play in the Spring each year.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Master James

I work 5 weekends in Staffordshire as cast in the spring and then play for 9 weekends in the fall at Revel Grove.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Larkspurshire and in English Funny as Larkspurshire is in Larkspur HUMMMM
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

maelstrom0370

Var Greyshadow

I'm in New Market in the fall and Scarborough in the spring.

The funny thing is that I looked up where the two places really were, and they're sort of in the same orientation to each other as the two TX faires are. 
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Valiss

I tried to look up where Donnybrooke in England is on Google, but I don't think it's still around; that is if it ever existed to begin with.  It's also a district of Dublin, Ireland.  Here's the map of it in England:

http://tinyurl.com/67xubs

Are your towns based on real towns that once existed (or still do)?

Lady Renee Buchanan

Bristol RF in Kenosha, WI.  Based on the real city of Bristol in England.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Angus

What I consider my "Home Faire" is "Willy Nilly on-the-Wash" at ORF.

And, much closer to home is "Briarwood" at KHRF.
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Athena

Every summer I visit the village of Avaloch (GLMF).
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

In the fall we visit Fort Royal, Martinique (STLPF) and Ye Royal Village of Albright (LARF)

Springtime has us heading to the Village of Covington Glen (TNRF) and the Village of Lyon (GSTLRF)
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Welsh Wench

BARF becomes Fittlesworth.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Valiss on July 17, 2008, 04:08:06 PM
I tried to look up where Donnybrooke in England is on Google, but I don't think it's still around; that is if it ever existed to begin with.  It's also a district of Dublin, Ireland.  Here's the map of it in England:

http://tinyurl.com/67xubs

Are your towns based on real towns that once existed (or still do)?

I hate to tell you this love, but Donnybrook is in Ireland and always has been.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Var Greyshadow

Regarding New Market and Scarborough, I found both on a period map of England, so they were real.  Pretty sure both are still there today.  Scarborough is kind of funny because in England, it's a port, but here in TX, it's completely landlocked - not even a pond on the site.  We do get enough "pira-" uh, "privateers" coming through that I'm sure we consider ourselves a port.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Scribe_Wear

My home fair is warwick in sterling NY, which is also a actuall place in england ;D
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.