News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where is your faire?

Started by Valiss, July 17, 2008, 01:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

9 weeks out of the year (35 days an counting) we play in Revel Grove...everyday of the year, we play in our squirrel-filled back yard at the Elfwine Estate, Ocalan Forest...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

ladyecho

my spring faire is in kingston upon hull.  my fall faire is in fa irehaven. don't quote me on the spelling please!   :P

Craigmeister

My home faire used to be Stroud's King Arthur Faire but it has joined King Arthur's legend in history.  Although I live in northeast Oklahoma & am closer to OKRF, I'm going to have to claim the Norman Medieval Faire as my home faire.  The Medieval Faire is not a hard site but it's so much more enjoyable.  OKRF has gone commercial & lost so many appealing things that it had just 5 years ago.  There is no good hammered dulcimer music anymore.  They don't fire their trebuchets anymore either.  Too many of the acts are rude & crude now.

At Norman though, they have the wisdom to bring Tullamore all the way from KC to play.  Their hammered dulcimer player is great!  There are great dulcimer players in Oklahoma too which have played there recently.  Norman also brings The Twisted Blades' ground  combat/comedy group to their faire.  The faire has a great atmosphere.  There was a whole row of blacksmith tents this year.  Several of us were intrigued & impressed by this compilation.  The drive on Route 66 is quite scenic as well.

Next month, Tulsa will introduce the King's Champion Medieval Faire.  Maybe it will take the place as my home faire.  It will have to be moved to a cooler month to take the title though.  If I can't spend 5 or 6 hours on the site, it's not home.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

BubbleWright

My home faire is the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, located in the Shire of Mount Hope.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

groomporter

MNRF has never really had a specific name for the village. It's just part of a "England-like" fantasy kingdom.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady Elizabeth

7 weekends out of the year I make my home at Hollygrove.Tis a pleasant place to be and a place where one never truly wishes to leave no matter how hot or tired.

Saoirse_Anam

My summer home is MiRF at Hollygrove, for as many weekends as I can shenangle.
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

renfairephotog

I spend May in Covington Glenn(Tn Ren) Followed by short trips to Briarwood (KHRF).
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

RumbaRue

Well since there are SO many faires/events here in S. Calif. it's hard to pick and choose which ones to go to.

But I since I live in north county San Diego, the Escondido Renaissance Faire is held twice a year, two weekends in the spring and two weekends in the fall.
(I never thought when I moved to Escondido there would ever be a faire, but now I virtually have one right in my backyard - ok I'm less than 10 minutes away.)
I also go up to the Ojai Pirate Faire held in Sept. (inland from Ventura, north of Los Angeles), and this year in August our group, Pirates of Treasure Cove will be at the Channel Islands Tall Ships Festival in August 8-10, so that will be a new event for us.
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Matty Pine Brownie

It is difficult to describe what "home" looks like.
For five seasons (1997-2001) it was Somerset, which is on the fringes of Suburbia across the river from Rutgers University in New Jersey. Trees hiding a small village
Then for four seasons (2001-2004) my home (where the handle was born at least) was in a remote hamlet in North Yorkshire about ten leagues inland from Scarborough, Maine.
Now I am looking for a new home. Some candidates are: a place I affectionately call Rievaulx because the Abbey might as well be the double of the place called the Cloisters. Another is Sterling-in-the-Forest, because I have not exactly instigated invasions, but there have been more than one that I have been a part of. Still another (in my dreams) would be port of call of choice, even though it is leagues from my post in York City, I dream of when I get back to Fairhaven. Nay, not the one near Plimoth, but the one near Queen Charlotte's lands.
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

Pinn

My home faire is Kungston upon Hull, located in Raleigh NC
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Lord Finger

My home faire is Sterling Renaissance Festival, the peaceful village of Warwick. I'll raise my glass tomorrow!

Peddlin

NCRF is Kingston-Upon-Hull, which is actually Raleigh's sister city in England. Representatives of the actual Kingston-Upon-Hull have actually come to our Faire and presented NCRF with an official flag of their city.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Celtic Lady

I would have to say the my home faire is where my heart is and that is in Michigan so it would have to be MiRF however Des Moines' faire is my second since i live there.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF-REVEL GROVE  :D  :D Theres no place like home. :D  :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples