News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

There be a Pirate Festival in Milton Ontario - August 2nd - 4th

Started by dunedon, July 17, 2008, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunedon

Sorry for not posting this here soon, but me deckhands plum forgot about this port of call.

On August 2nd-4th, 2008 there be a gathering of Pirates in Milton, Ontario Canada.

The event flyer is posted at Pirate Festival - Milton Ontario, and for more information send me an email to piratefestival@fairesintime.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope that some of you can come ashore for our inaugural event!

- Dunedon, 2nd or 3rd mate ... depending on who's listening!

Lady Caroline

Alacrity

Trust me, I'm a Dungeon Master

dunedon

Depends on how you define a few I guess (there were lots of people that remember ORF fondly).  Some of our crew (cast, performers, volunteers) were at ORF either as dedicated patrons or in similar positions.

We have a number of vendors that had booths at ORF, but at the same time a much larger contingent of vendors that were not.  And of the 4 people who are the management team behind this years Pirate Festival 2 of them had booths at ORF, and the other two applied the year it was closed.

I've heard from a number of people that I remember from ORF that will be coming out to at least visit the Pirate Festival for a day this year ... so I'd say that there will be some of the ORF crowd there.  Come on out and enjoy the party :)

- Dunedon

Alacrity

Orphena

Captain Dugyn and Lady Orphena will be there bedecked to the gills. (and a little higher too!)

We are looking forward to it! Captain Dugyn will have new threads to show off - procured from a trading trip - or so he told his Lady.

We shall be wandering the faire, so if you do sight us, do feel free to hail us and meet Rover and Roger.
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Aelwyn

Dread Sangranel and his Pirate Lady Aelwyn will be in attendance this year! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

GirlChris

I shall be there! This time around I'm Blackbeard's daughter, Mad Mary Teach. Come and join me for Piratees and Yo-ho-hoga at whenever-I-get-bored o'clock at the here-looks-good-enough Stage! (don't worry, you'll hear me announce it. I've got a bell and everything!)

Arianwyn

Oooooohhhhhhhh...I was hoping to do something fun this weekend...and if I it includes putting on my garb...well....how much better can life get?

I am not a pirate wench though, think anyone will notice or care?  I will probably be there on Sunday or Monday and will have my R/F Pin on...so please...if you spot me (as I will most likely be on my own) say Hi...Huzzah...Ahoy.... ;)

Be well,

Arianwyn

Alacrity

I will be there with my family. I will look almost exactly like my profile picture, but not so squished together. ;D If you see me, give me a hail and i am looking forward to the festival!

Orphena

I shall endeavour to wear my RF pin as well - I shall be in BLUE, and m'lord shall be in red. I shall most likley be solo on Saturday, but whatever the day, do stop us and say hello! Tis always nice to meet fellow rf addicts!

Lady Caroline

If I recognize anyone, I will certainly say hi.  I will be there on Monday, as I'm leaving for GLMF in a couple hours.  For Pirate Fest I will be wearing a black skirt, gold overskirt, and black and gold corset/bodice.  And I will be towing a family behind me......lol.

Alacrity

Help!

My wife is convinced that we are going to be the only ones at the Pirate Festival in costume, and is threatening to go in ...gasp... real life clothing (the horror, I'd wear tights every day if I could...)

Please, anyone that has been there before, help me soothe my wife's fears and tell me that we won't be the only ones (aiming for Sunday, since Saturday is forecasting rain)

Orphena

Alacrity - reassure your wife! I've attended this festival since it's beginning, and the majority of people dress up - some completely - but by far the majority are wearing something piratey!

I've seen grandparents dressed up with ripped jeans and bandanas - little kids sporting all kinds of costumes, and everyone in between with sashes and such! You will feel very much at home in costume, I promise you!

There are many who also wear ren wear with a piratey hat and say ahoy all day! Tis more fun in garb!

Arianwyn

I will most certainly be in garb!!  Wench garb, not really anything Piratey (sp?)....please reassure her...I too am aiming for Sunday.

Be well

Arianwyn

SwordintheStoneCrafts

Jen and I dropped by "in disguise" (i.e. "not in garb") today, and I took a few pics (forgive the crappy cellphone camera image quality): http://tinyurl.com/67ovh5

I was thoroughly impressed! This fest had a nice cozy feeling to it, with a lot of friendly familiar faces... the gang put on a great show!

cheers,
Adam
fine leathergoods for the new renaissance

GirlChris

Whee, that was fun! And we get to do it again next year, too!

But holy crap, now I'm tired.

Alacrity

My family had a wonderful time at the pirate festival. I have some pictures but I haven't uploaded them yet, but we did go in full garb.

I thought the faire was well done considering in is a single weekend event. Had more vendors than I expected and less music than I would have liked. It was good to see some of the ORF people again - especially the merchant's wife.

I'd recommend it.