News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2014 - The Anticipation (and entertainer news?)

Started by Ryk Rakham, February 05, 2014, 07:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

So, Lady Sherry and I were actually lying awake before drifting off to sleep and talking about Scarby. Memories with friends and family, our favorite things to do while at Faire and the entertainers we "must" see, and about some that we miss who have not been at Scarby lately...like Twig, Hey Nunnie Nunnie, Adam Crack and others. We heard that "Hey Nunnie Nunnie" were returning for the first two weekends this season (happy about that) and that Tartanic are returning (oh yeah!). So, we fell asleep walking the lanes of years past and anticipating this year's fun. Is anyone else as ready as we are for SRF?? And, have you heard anything about entertainers returning, new entertainment or new stuff? See you at the Faire..........
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

BagPipeBabe

The web site still has the list of acts and shows from last year.  I would love to see Hey Nunnie Nunnie again.

Alerrick Afon Adou

Check the schedule,featured acts and SAPA. They are all posted.   We have a new woodturner to scarborough faire.    I can`t wait till we throw wide the gates.........

raevyncait

And Hey Nunnie Nunnie is in for the first 2 weekends!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Craigmeister

I haven't been to Scarby in 11 years.  This year, I plan to take at least one nephew & his Mom.  Neither of them have been to a faire before.  I hope I can break them in a little at the Norman Medieval Faire next month.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Traveler

I can say that I am definitely getting excited.  ;D  I'll be out on May 17th.  It will be my first time to SRF (and only second faire ever  ???) and as it stands right now I'll be coming with a decent sized group of family and friends.  Four Adults and two kids, ages 12 and 2 (almost 3).  And there might be more joining us, as I'm still working out the plans.  Is there such a thing as Faire Fever?  Cause I think I've caught it.  So ready for this, even if it's only the one day.  ;D
May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. - A Simple Traveler.

DonaCatalina

Don't miss the pre-cannon tailgate. I'm really getting excited. Now more than ever I am ready to see old friends again.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Traveler

Is there a pre-cannon tail-gate each day?  If so, what time does it start?
May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. - A Simple Traveler.

DonaCatalina

It starts about 7:00 am. Saturday is more heavily attended than Sunday.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Traveler

Yeah not sure about then if it's that early.  My group is coming from south of Houston that morning, and to get there at 07:00 would mean leaving at around 03:00.  :o  We MIGHT be able to get there for the last 30 minutes before opening, but even that is subject to how the little ones in the group take to the early departure.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: DonaCatalina on March 25, 2014, 05:15:23 AM
It starts about 7:00 am. Saturday is more heavily attended than Sunday.

We will be progressing for opening weekend this year, so it will be good to see you again (along with a few others - Numue and Merlin(s) - I am still trying to convince Kett and Sidekick )

Hopefully the parking lane next to you folks will still be available - hope to be there by 8:00
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Nimue and I are looking forward to seeing you and your lovely lady again!  I also have a hug with the Doña's name on it...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

julessweetie

So excited to see everyone!  Alittle sad that Christophe the Insultor won't be making an appearance until later in the season :'(...as this will probably be my ony trip this year  ;)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: julessweetie on March 26, 2014, 12:29:28 PM
So excited to see everyone!  Alittle sad that Christophe the Insultor won't be making an appearance until later in the season :'(...as this will probably be my ony trip this year  ;)
Yay!
I have wondered how you were doing.

also Traveler, there is a pre-cannon improv show at the gate that starts about 9:40. Most people don't want to miss that.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

julessweetie

Hey Donacatalina!!!

I have been doing really well!  Just been sooooo busy with my business...I haven't had time to enjoy my renfaires like I would like!!!  I have missed everyone and FAIRE!!!