News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood Forest Summer Camp... For Adults?

Started by *Teach*, February 10, 2014, 11:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long should summer camp be?

3 days (Friday morning through Sunday night)
4 days (Thursday morning through Sunday night)
5 days (Wednesday morning through Sunday night)
One full week (Sunday evening through Saturday night)

JackGonzo, MD

Brewing, Leatherwork, I like the idea of something musical but with a period instrument (or the pipes have always wanted to learn), woodworking and why not, cooking. Though I know my July this year is pretty much booked for a certain period with work. This sounds like a fantastic idea.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Rani Zemirah

I'm sure, based on the pricing for the kids summer camp, that we wouldn't be able to afford this... but it does sound like a LOT of fun!  I think the classes mentioned already sound wonderful, and as an addition to the spinning classes it would also be nice to learn some basic weaving, such as inkle loom and lucet weaving for braids and trim, and also some simple lap loom weaving, as well.  Things people could carry with them and work on wherever they happen to be. 

I like the idea of a camp for kids, and one for adults... but I also think a family summer camp would be lots of fun, especially for those of us who have kids who are really into Faire, and would like to learn a lot of these things along with their parents!  Shared activities are a wonderful way to bond families together, and to keep kids interested in Faire while they grow. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Traveler

I agree with Rani,  a family camp would also be awesome.
May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields.  And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand. - A Simple Traveler.