News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need a prayer...

Started by CapnFayeCutler, July 03, 2008, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnFayeCutler

Today I found out that I lost my job. Talk about a broadside. It came as a total shock (and I was left with NO time to work things out). I believe everything happens for a reason, so instead of being bitter I'm trying to see the silver lining. I sure could use a prayer right now to help me find a way through this and to find a new (better! brighter! heh) job in my career field.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Renee Buchanan

Capn Faye,

I came home from our vacation to BARF last year (2007) on a Wednesday night to a letter of commendation from my boss and a bonus check.  I worked there 8 1/2 years, with excellent reviews.  I went to work on Thursday morning at 6:30 a.m.  By 8:30 a.m. I was downsized along with 3 others (a total of 75 people in 3 months).  Our dept. went from 6 to 2 people, and I wasn't one of them.  I worked in an office position, but when I was walked out through the factory, there were factory people crying, and I walked out in such a daze.

So I understand it when you said "broadsided."  I did find another job and started 5 weeks after losing my other job.  However, for a long time, I was bitter, angry, and lost my self esteem, kept asking what was wrong with me that they let me go.

However, you are right.  There are silver linings.  This company, without a doubt, is the BEST I've ever worked for.  They value each employee and are always doing wonderful things for us.  After 1 year, I make the same amount of money as when I had worked 8 1/2 years, and I even have 1 more day of vacation.  For a long time, whenever a supervisor approached me, the first thing out of my mouth was, "What did I do wrong?"  And it was so hard to believe that they were coming up to thank me for working there, for doing a good job, etc.

Hang in there, you will find something much better.  As many, many people said to me, when 1 door closes, another opens.  You will be in my prayers, but don't despair.  After a while, you will be saying to yourself, "Why did I ever work there?" 

Good luck.
Renee
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

CatAshtrophy

You're in my prayers. I have a feeling you're going to find a new job that you love quickly though. You have the right attitude about it all. Good luck!

DeadBishop

I completely understand being "broadsided" like that.  Both Nyte and I lost our jobs within a week of each other this February.  As you said, looking for that silver lining is the best course of action.  Here's hoping you can find a better job!

Good luck!

R/F.com member since 2003

LadyOren

Prayers coming at you.  I'm lighting a candle of guidance for you too.  Use this time to reach within yourself, maybe it's a knock of opportunity yet unseen.  Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

lady serena

Sending out good thoughts and prayers to you.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

festmum

Look at it this way.  You could end up with a dream job like I did.  Change is tough but there's always something better out there.  It is the opportunity you've been waiting for!

My job of 13 years ended just 4 days before I was to visit this island for two weeks.  By the end of my vacation, I had the job opportunity of a lifetime.  Here i am two years later...still living the dream! 

Deborah

CapnFaye, without a doubt, you will find the dream job for you! I have to go past a chapel on my way to work this morning, and I will stop in and light a candle for you for finding said dream job. I've been broadsided once or twice in my life like you've been, and it is hard to get past it without wondering. However, since meeting you in person, I know that you'll be employed again shortly because you've got so many wonderful things to offer any employer!!! Take care hon, *hugs*
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

CapnFayeCutler

You guys are great! Thanks for your prayers and support. I've already gotten one interview set up for a histology job. That's what I did before I took my last job. I've also put in my resume at several places so here's hoping the calls start coming in. But really! Not even a week and I've gotten an interview. Wow, you guys...thanks!
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

William Blackheath

You have my prayers and best wishes for that interview, Capn Faye.  I was laid off a week ago.  (Hmm, been meaning' to post about that.  Thanks for the reminder!)  I agree that things happen for a reason, so here's hoping that it's a change for the better.  May your interview go excellently, leading the way to new employment and signalling a change in the wind for the rest of us!

LadyOren

Keeping you in my prayers.  Lets us know how the interview turns out.  Best wishes!!
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

CapnFayeCutler

Thanks everyone. I got a call yesterday from another job I applied/interviewed for. This is the one I really wanted and they offered me the position with better pay, better benefits, and over half of the people there are folks that I used to work with before I took my last job (the ones w/out the drama) So huzzah! Bigger and better things! :) Plus this means I get to move back to Nashville! *dance*
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

renfairephotog

Huzzah you're coming back to Nashville. Congratulations on the job.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

CatAshtrophy

Congrats! That's fantastic news. I hope you enjoy your new job.