News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tell Us About Your Persona

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 01:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Henry Tudor

Sir William James Sargent
Her Most Royal Majesty's Sergeant at Arms
Sergeant Major of Her Majesty's Royal Guard
Knight of the Royal Order of the Garter
Royal Order of the Hound, Second Class
Church Warder of Hollygrove

Sir William Sargent is a career military man who comes from a family that has faithfully served the Crown for three generations.  His Grandfather, Sir James Noah Sargent, was Sergeant of the Guard during the reigns of Richard III, Henry VII, & Henry VIII.  His father, Sir John Everett Sargent, was Sergeant of the Guard under the past four monarchs – Henry VIII, Edward VI, Jane Grey, and Mary I. 

Sir William began his service to the Crown as a Yeoman Guard and Scribe during the reign of Mary I.  Upon his father's retirement at the end of Queen Mary's reign, Sir William, at the age of 18 years, was appointed Sergeant of the Guard for Her Most Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth Glorianna, thus becoming the youngest ever to hold this position.  He quickly proved himself most capable and, after but a few years of loyal and competent service, Her Majesty bestowed upon Sir William the title of Sergeant Major.  He further proved himself on the Field of Honour with many victories in Jousts and Royal Tournaments with swords and archery, thus earning the additional title of Sergeant at Arms from Her Majesty.

While on progress at Hollygrove in the 26th year of Her reign, Queen Elizabeth granted Sir William his highest honour yet, the Royal Order of the Garter, thus elevating his status from Knight of the Realm to Knight of the Garter.  Now more than ever Her Majesty's words ring true, "The Crown wilst always safe be if thou hath a Sergeant Sargent at hand to thee!"

During the 27th year of Her reign, Queen Elizabeth bestowed upon Sir William the honour of Royal Order of the Hound, Second Class, during Her annual progress to Hollygrove.  This makes him one of Her faithful Royal Hounds, an honour held by only a handful of other men loyaly devoted to the Queen.

Sir William's Grandfather (on his Mother's side) was Sir Lord Esero Owen, former Lord Bishop of the Church of England.  Because of this, Sir William was appointed Church Warder of Hollygrove where he renders assistance to the Church of England in matters both secular and legal regarding the Shire.

Sir William is married to Lady Caroline Harwell Sargent, daughter of Lord William Earnest "Ernie" Harwell.  Lord Harwell is a great and legendary orator, writer, and minstrel who resides with his wife, the gracious Lady Lulu, in the village of NoVI to the South and West of Hollygrove.
King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales
Mid-Michigan Renaissance Festival

Blue66669

Ok, I've got a long one, so bear with me....

Mistress Brimstone Blue, Warrior Pyrate Empress of the NORTH

Brimstone Blue began her life as the Warrior Empress hailing from Luxor, Egypt, land of the ancient kings. She was trained to defend and protect her empire, leading them into battle and into countless victories. By the age of 17, she had conquered 7 surrounding kingdoms, adding to the vastness of all she oversaw. One night, while resting after a particularly bloody battle, she was drugged by the notorious Pyrate, Erik the Green, neighboring ruler, warrior, and Horse Lord.

While she slept, something primal and dark crept into her dreams. A vision of blood and fire, and of a deadly beast she could control at will. Hades himself appeared to her, and bestowed upon her the power to reign over the great Hydra, the seven headed beast known to carry death and destruction in its wake.  And he spoke unto her, "You shall be known to all as the mighty Babylon the Great, the mother of all whores, the great mystery. You shall usher in the beginning of the end. This gift I have bestowed upon you shall remain dormant for many years. When the time comes, your power shall awaken, and you shall split the earth wide open with your screams of destruction, and set it ablaze with your rage. Your Hydra shall be your steed, snarling and snapping at all that stand in your way. You will come to know the Four Horsemen of the RenPocalypse, and they shall be the trigger for your awakening. Take this brand now and forever, and remember- take everything from them, give nothing back. The charred bodies left behind shall be a tribute to me, and you will be Hell's finest champion..."

She awoke to find the brand of Hades himself upon her breast, and, feeling something ancient stirring inside her, set on her way to find these Four Horsemen.  She came to love her captor, Erik the Green, and they soon became husband and wife at sea. Blue made one last trip back to her homeland, to decree that the empire shall be ruled from sea, forever more.

Six long years went by, and she pillaged and plundered in the name of her Empire. During one of her raids in a desolate area near some sea cliffs, the brand upon her breast began to burn. Blue felt the urge to come ashore, and perch herself upon those cliffs, as if she were waiting for something.  She rode to the cliffs and waited there, for 3 sleepless days and nights. At the end of the 4th day, the earth opened up and swallowed her, only to spit her back out, astride the glorious Hydra. Upon her return to the surface, there stood the Four Horsemen of the RenPocalypse. They had known of her arrival, and were there to welcome her. Her soul screamed, and her body burned with an unquenchable rage. She was now known as Babylon the Great, and she had a job to do. With one mighty earth trembling scream, she sounded the beginning of the end, and led the way for the Horsemen, burning and scorching the land as she rode.

When not in the presence of the Four Horsemen, Brimstone Blue is still the Warrior Pyrate Empress. But, when sensing them near, the earth will swallow her whole and give unto the Universe the most deadly woman to ever grace the face of the planet, Babylon the Great.
Blaidd Drwg

Valiss

Name: Mateo the Privateer

Background: Born in the bay of Naples, Italy, Mateo spent his early years stealing bits of gold and jewels to sell in the black market. His parents, having a modest education, taught Mateo to read and write, but he preferred to carry on his own adventures rather than continue on in his studies. One day, just as he was embarking on his teen years, he managed to sneak on board a ship from Corsica and decided to snoop around. As ill fortune would have it, he was caught by the captain. Perhaps seeing something of himself in the stowaway, the captain put Mateo to work as a deckhand.

During his tenure upon the ship he became good friends with the cabin boy, Porthos. Mateo followed in Porthos' footsteps and sailed with him around the world.  Within a few years the captain was ready to retire and Porthos, saving much of his plunder over the years, bought the ship. He renamed her Lady Fortune and kept on those of her crew that would stay, including Mateo.  It was then that he made the stowaway turned sailor his first mate.

Soon, Lady Fortune had a reputation that preceded her.  Many good days were spent boarding and looting other ships off the coast of Spain.

However, one fateful day, while patrolling the high seas they spotted the ship The Squall.  Being a payroll ship, Mateo noticed it was riding low and thought it full of gold.  Porthos agreed and they proceeded to chase the ship into a small cove and began to board her.

Unfortunately, it was a trap and soon after they boarded, they discovered the belly of The Squall was full of armored men, not gold.  Retreating back into the ship, the crew shoved off and attempted to flee.  As they were heading toward the exit of the cove, several reinforcement ships entered the cove from behind. It was capture.

The captain of the English flagship had a simple proposition for the crew of Lady Fortune. They could renounce their pirating ways, and instead become privateers in the service of the English crown. Accepting, Mateo bought his own ship and crew.

To his surprise Mateo found privateering was considerably more profitable than piracy ever was! He didn't have to run from the English pigdogs, and could repair anywhere he liked on the English coast with no fear of discovery. 

After a couple of years of sailing and profiting, Mateo had a small fortune and decided to sell his ship and find other adventures.  Seeking out his friend in arms, he was pleased to discover that Porthos had bought his favorite watering hole, The Hound's Haven. Mateo joined the motley crew for some drinks and adventures and he hasn't left since.

LadyMeg

There's two personas for the two main faires I attend... just warning ya.

Livia "Scout" Woodstone:  Her father was an Irish nobleman, who, when the English came to the North, lost his lands and titles.  For some time, Oisin (named after the legend) managed to keep his ailing father and aging mother comfortable, but quickly ran out of money.  To remedy this unfortunate problem, he enlisted in the Royal Navy.  He quickly rose through the ranks allowed to an Irishman, but his quick rise didn't stop his need nor his greed for money.  Oisin turned to pillaging and general lawlessness and at one port, deserted his ship and became crew to a pirate ship.  Pirating suited Oisin better and he soon became known as Bloody Oshea, mainly for his skill with a cutlass.  Oshea sailed around England until a close call with a Navy ship with a warrant for his demise scared him off to the Caribbean and the Americas.

It was a good career move and Bloody Oshea became captain of the Red Baron, a midsized frigate.  In Port Royale, a favorite port for pirates, he met the prostitute, Sindy Woodstone.  In the short time they spent together, Sindy became pregnant and never told Oshea.  He went off to sea and she gave birth to Livia.

Livia inherited her mother's independent and fiery streak.  She was also a bit mischievous and often sat in at the pubs listening to the pirates tell their tales and even the Navy men who came in for a drink.  As her mother's health took a turn for the worse, Livia took up small paying jobs in the port, helping load ships, or clean ships that were in the dock, all under the guise of 'Scout,' a young boy.  When her mother passed, she was wallowing in a pub when she heard the advertisement for crew for the Red Baron.  A good friend of Oshea who had known her mother, recognized her and ensured that she was hired aboard the ship. 

The father and daughter were introduced and at first, didn't get along.  She had to prove herself to be a decent addition.  Scout's guise became a nickname.  Livia was a great navigator and her observant eye was an asset to the crew.  However, Oshea wouldn't let her rob, fight, or anything.  So, she's the 'nice pirate,' kept protected from the crew and the one that's allowed into ports for supplies.

Mistress Anne Stewart:  Her mother was Katherine Clifton, 2nd Baroness of Clifton who inherited the title from her father who passed without a male heir.  She married, Esme Stewart, 3rd Duke of Lennox.  Her father was a patron of Ben Jonson who lived in their household for five years.  Anne enjoyed the prestige of the playwright staying in their home, particularly since there was eleven total children:  Elizabeth, James (who would succeed her father), Henry, Francis (died within a year), Frances, Margaret (who died and was a tragedy for Anne who looked after her), George, Ludovic, John and Bernard.

Anne was the third child and was particularly close to her two older siblings, Elizabeth and James.  Henry was born two years after her and the two didn't get along.  There was a fight for attention.  His twin, Francis, died within the year of his birth.  Part of Anne's dislike for Henry came from the tragedy.  In her childishness, she blamed him for making her parents sad. 

Next to Elizabeth, Anne took responsibility to help raise the little ones, or at least, play with them.  She was much too excitable and enjoyed an adventure too much to be a mother figure.  Anne, when she could, escaped her brother's watchful eye (she was brought up in their country home and knew nothing of court or city life) to visit the nearby Hollygrove.  Of course, Anne's desire to see something new and exciting, ensures that she makes the trip into Hollygrove when the Queen is on progress to the village.  A single maid however, Anne is watched carefully.
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

jinx

Though I've not really "played" with either character at Faire, I have two to choose from.  xD  Both are known by the same name, both are essentially the same person...or...rather, they started out that way.  I promise this will make sense.  ...Maybe.  xD

In the beginning...
Caitlin Isabella O'Dalaigh was born to two English transplants.  Her father, Rordan, was an Irishman by birth, but was moved to England as a young boy.  He grew up to be a fairly well-off merchant sailor.  By no means was he fabulously wealthy, but certainly not poor, either.  While on business in Florence, he met the beautiful Vittoria Bianchi.  Vittoria was of a quite wealthy family who had high aspirations for their daughter, and they quite disapproved of the correspondence between Vittoria and Rordan.  Eventually, she consented to marry him, despite her parents wishes, but with their grudgingly given blessing, she moved to England. 

(And here's where it splits off...)

The Pirate:
Vittoria soon became pregnant with her first (and only) child.  It was a difficult pregnancy and a nearly-fatal birth that caused the first rift between mother and daughter.  Seeing her daughter so close to her husband bred jealousy and hate.  Being as close to her father as she was, Caitlin grew up with a love of the sea, and constantly begged to be allowed to sail with her father's small crew.  When she was 14, her father mysteriously disappeared while on a short trip to France and was assumed dead.  Shortly before his alleged death, two things had happened.  First, he had refused her mother's wish to have her marry a very wealthy, but MUCH older, man.  Second, Caitlin had met a pirate named Jacob and spoken with him at great length about his profession.  Upon speaking to a few of her fathers most trusted crew members, Caitlin discovered there was something amiss...and her mother was behind it.  Soon after, her mother announced that she would be marrying the much older man, despite her protests.  Pretending to be resigned, Caitlin slowly pilfered some of her fathers clothes and altered them with the help of a faithful servant.  Two nights before her wedding was supposed to take place, she cut her hair as short as she could bear, bound her chest, dressed in her fathers clothes, and made her escape.  Barely 15 and disguised as a boy, she boarded her first pirate ship, hoping to find Jacob in her travels.  By the time she was 18, she was working on her second ship as Navigator, and had shed her disguise, but after some unwanted advances by the Captain and First Mate, she made her escape in southern France (taking along a bit of "payment" in the true pirate fashion).  For the next two years, she worked in coastal inns, and eventually found her father and discovered the truth.  Two men had accosted him in France, under order of her mother (and paid by Caitlin's former fiance), and held him captive for over a year.  When they let him go, it was under the guarantee that he and Caitlin would both be killed if he returned to England or sought out his daughter in any manner.    Caitlin, however, had grown accustomed to life at sea, and yearned for it constantly.  She finally stumbled upon a battered and abandoned ship...unfortunately, a young man named Train Vollfied came across it at the very same moment.  A lengthy (and somewhat bloody) scuffle ensued, and, in the end, Train won.  However, he was impressed by both her fiery nature and her cunning skill (she did keep daggers in the -strangest- places).  After they had both been patched up by Train's former captain (Donegal), he asked her to be his First Mate.  They picked up a crew, occasionally including both Rordan and Donegal, and went about their happy, piratey way.  On a brief trip to Florence, Caitlin (by then Train's best friend and affectionately known as Caity) discovered that her mother had died.  Joyfully, she returned to England and a small village known as Willy-Nilly on the Wash, married a fellow pirate (who moonlighted as a wizard, but that's a different story), and can commonly be found wreaking general havoc around said village with her husband or various friends (though, Train has never joined).

But if the story were a bit different, you ask?

The Not-so-much-a-Lady Cait:
Vittoria grew to love the child she carried more with each passing day.  Though the labor was hard, and she never able to carry another child, she was over-joyed with her daughter.  Doted upon by both parents, Caitlin grew into a fine (if somewhat free-spirited, sharp-tongued, and bawdy) young woman.  She still married the same pirate/wizard, and can still be found gallivanting about Willy-Nilly on the Wash with previously mentioned cohorts.

I know, the pirate is more fleshed out, but I've spent a lot more time with -that- character, as a lot of her story comes from a role-play I'm involved in...when my friends and I actually get around to playing.  xD  Plus, the less piratey one, well, she doesn't so much need the back story, I don't think.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Dev

I came from The Stair, in the mountains far north in search of the Well of Ur which is a portal to the nine worlds.  Spirit healer, fortune teller, explorer, mercenary, diplomat for Huldrefolk - I am a jack of all trades but master of none, with one foot in the metaphysical and the other in the empirical.

In my travels, I came to Morelandshire, left on my way, but I return every year for the men... Human men are so pretty and fragile compared to trolls, and much more sociable.

Quirks
- though female, I prefer to be spoken of as a gender-neutral
- I dislike turkey legs and being wet
- I go by many names

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Good 'morrow my lords and ladies. I am Alyssa de Laney

Let me start with some of my past ancestors. My grandmother was Lady Siobhan McQuaid who was married off to Sir Robert Beaufort of Shropshire England. The two stayed in Ireland for a number of years before my grandfather was recalled back to King Henry the VII's court. My grandfather had been a close friend and allie to King Henry in his days before he held the throne and fought with him at the Battle of Bosworth It was while they were in King Henry the VII's court that my mother was born and became a lady to Elizabeth of York.

In time my grandafter was sent over to Calais to help govern this part of England. It was while they where in France they secured a marriage for thier daughter, my mother Elizabeth Beaufort to Marquis Charles de Laney a French noble under Louis XII king of France. This was done to try and bring England and France closer together and to assist Mary Tudor and her marriage to King Henry XII.

It was while my mother was in Queen Mary's service that my mother gave birth to 5 children. The first being male heirs the 2nd of the two dieing in child birth. The third child was my sister who is married to Duke Ulrich von Württemberg of Germany. My youngest brother who is was just a year older than I was killed while jousting. To this day I abhor the sport as I was there to see him killed or any man killed for this pleasure.

I being the youngest was sent to England to server as a lady to Queen Katherine of Aragon. Being the queen Katherine detested Frech, I learned very quickly  to drop my French tounge and accent and to serve the Queen. I was lucky to be to young to catch the eye of King Henry for many years. and when the day came that I did catch his eye we headed to Calais for the Cloth of Gold and I was spared his touch

When King Henry went back to Calais for the Cloth of Gold I went with him and his court. After the Cloth of Gold was over I stayed back home with my parents who had secured a wedding for me to a French Count or Comte Phillip La Rochelle. He was an old man and I detested this marriage to him. Luck was with me as he died the night before we were to be married. i guess the excitement for him was to much. But my freedom did not last long as I was sent to Scotland to marry the Earl of Kincardineshire Amish MacDugan. Amish was a brutal big man and before our marriage beat me one night. A young Lord serving under the Earl of Kincardineshire grew angery as he to had fallen in love with me in a short time did not like how I was being treated and killed the Earl. Fearing for out lives we fled south into England where we are tring to make a home and gain service to King Henry the VIII's court I as a lady to Queen Anne and my escourt as a Master of the Horse.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Master James

Well I have several characters that I play depending on my mood, what I'm wearing or whether I'm working or playing at the faire.  I'll start with my original character and name sake on this forum.

Master James is a master mercer (fabric merchant) in London where he lives with his lovely wife Lady Sharon.  He works exclusively for the Queen and her court providing them with the finest fabrics from all over the known world.  Most fabrics are brought in from Italy and France.  He travels extensively in his quest for the best and most unique fabrics and as a result if fluent in French, Spanish and Italian.  He is extremely wealthy and although he holds no titles, he does own several small manors in and around London.

Sir Thomas Sackville, first Baron of Buckhurst, Knight of the Garter, privvy councilor to Her Grace Queen Elizabeth, Lord Lieutent of Sussex, Great Swanherd and Master of the Game of Swannes is my noble character.  He was an actual person and the background and story on him is VERY long so I'll give the short version.  He started his career as a poet and playwright writing the first English blank verse tragedy call Gorbourdoc with an associate Thomas Norton.  This work and his other poems are what Shakespeare and other famous poets/playwrights of the time based all their works.  He then graduated with a law degree and went into politics.  He was made a Baron by the hand of Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk by the request of Her Grace.  He then later sat on the trial board that condemed the Duke and ordered his execution for treason.  The Queen then bequeathed on him most of the Duke's lands.  He continued to work behind the scenes by secretly negotiating with Catherine d'Medici for the marriage contract between Henri duc d'Anjou and Elizebeth that is often credited to Burleigh and Walsingham.  When Burliegh dies he assumes the mantle of Lord High Treasurer, a position which he maintains until his death.  He was also the High Lord Steward in the trial of Robert Devereaux, Earl of Essex and his fellow conspiritors and pronounced judgement.  He was intrumental in bringing James to power when Elizabeth dies and is made Earl of Dorset as a reward.  He was also the main negotiator in the Summerset House Conference that brought peace between Great Britain and Spain.

Sam "Slickhead" Corwin is the First Officer and Master Gunner on the pirate ship Lusty Lady.  I'm orignally from Cornwall where I was raised as an orphan running the streets and making money as I could since my parents were killed in a fire and only I survived when I was a babe.  I have been told that my parents were local nobles but I don't know that for sure and since I grew up on the streets I never knew them.  I was shanghaied onto a ship when I was 12 and learned my way up as a powder monkey.  I know me cannons very well and can handle a sword better than most men.

As Prod'n M'Crack I am a proud member of the Irish Clan M'Crack and clan chieftain of the Clan White of the Clan M'Crack.  As the cheitain of Clan White I am also part of the leadership for the clan east of the Mississippi.  For more information on what the M'Cracks are, look at this thread: http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=719.0
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Cloverpogue

I was never really any good at this, even when I was in cast at TNRN. I always played Irish, because I am. I can recall, it seems everytime it would come around, they wanted me to play a Spainard, because of my dark hair and eyes.; but always Irish because I was a constant,and could really fool the crowd with my accent.  ;D
Come to find out, in reality, with all the research of my real last name, dates back to the 1500's, from Spain. I can't remember the correct spelling, because, over the centuries, as with any surname, the spelling is always changed.; but, when I type in my exact last name, Spain, and the same man, from 1536, comes up(I'll find him later and may just use him, and work it into my persona.)

Soooo, I can be creative, but no wonderful brainstorm swirling right now.
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on May 10, 2008, 06:45:15 AM
I am called "Lady" as an honorific only, a title bestowed upon me for my fine manners due to so much time among the titled, for I boast no noble blood.   

I get to read these every now and then so this comes a bit late.

M'Lady I will have to take grave exception to that last statement, for I have known many a lady of "noble blood" who could not hold a candle to thee and will stand to battle any who gainsay otherwise.   Now if I know my ettiquette, it takes two monarchs of standing royalty to pronounce thee noble, as King Allyn the Only(aka. The Blakduke)  I point my finger at thee and declare that thou art noble.  Now it may take some time but if a relative of mine( a young lady here in this board who also happens to rule here-abouts) will chime in likewise fashion then the deed shall be done.   So let it be written, so let it be done!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Nicolette

*curtsies* You are far too kind to me, good King Allyn.  I would of course most gratefully accept your offer should your female relative also come into agreement, for who could deny either one of you any wish you would have, least of all one such as myself.  I am touched by the mere consideration of such an honor. *curtsies*
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Syrilla

I do agree whole heartedly with King Allyn the Only.  With the greatest appreciation for all that you have done in service to the Crown (s) and to your fellow members I do also declare, to one and all, that you shall be raised to a noble status and be called a Lady, here after.  If any here have a dispute or wish to add to this, do so now or for ever with hold your piece. 

M'Lady I will have to take grave exception to that last statement, for I have known many a lady of "noble blood" who could not hold a candle to thee and will stand to battle any who gainsay otherwise.   Now if I know my ettiquette, it takes two monarchs of standing royalty to pronounce thee noble, as King Allyn the Only(aka. The Blakduke)  I point my finger at thee and declare that thou art noble.  Now it may take some time but if a relative of mine( a young lady here in this board who also happens to rule here-abouts) will chime in likewise fashion then the deed shall be done.   So let it be written, so let it be done!!!!!!!!!

Lady Nicolette

*advances, curseying deeply* Although I indeed feel unworthy, I would wholeheartedly accept anything that both you and King Allyn should agree upon which should be done.  My heartfelt acceptance of your combined wishes is my command.  *curtseys deeply again*
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

BLAKDUKE

It's good to be the King  or  the  Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Dustin

Well, I don't really have much of one yet, but I have decided on a name: Valentine Oliver of Crippengate.

My last name is Oliver, and I have an ancestor, Valentine Sevier, who was christened in St. James Parish, Crippengate, London, thus the name.

So far, I think my character is an upper-middle-class merchant, wealthy enough for some finer things, like some velvet for his wife and daughter, but not part of the nobility by any stretch. He was born in 1565 in London, and began working in his father's successful carpentry shop at a young age, and helped his two older brothers operate the business when their father, Harold, died of consumption in 1574. His two older brothers, Dennis and Timothy, have sold Valentine their shares of the business, and left London. Dennis, always the troublemaker of the family, travels the seas as a first mate on a privateer ship, and Timothy has become a successful trader, with a shop right on the docks in Liverpool. Valentine kept up the business, proved himself to the carpenters' guild, and was able to take three apprentices, of which one, Gregory, has become a master carpenter who runs the shop while Valentine is away. The other two, William and John, have made journeyman and assist in the day-to-day operations. Valentine has a wife, Diane, and two children, Rose and Nathaniel. They sometimes travel with him on his leisure excursions. Valentine has become friends with a certain William Shakespeare, born in Stratford-Upon-Avon, and sometimes does repairs at at the Globe Theatre in exchange for a love poem to impress his wife.

Wow...I just made that up as I went. I think it seems okay, any opinions? Now I doubt I'll actually use this until I've started going to more faires and possibly gotten into a cast, but I think it's decent for a start...
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV