News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tell Us About Your Persona

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 01:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleDragon

((I tried to shrink it down, but just couldn't do it))

Part 1:

The year was 1220, it was early summer and the weather was exceedingly warm.  The clutch of eggs was not due to hatch for another two cycles of the moon, and yet because of the weather they were beginning to do so.  Of the 3 eggs in the clutch, only one survived, the name given in the tongue of Dragons would be impossible to spell out here and you would not understand it anyway.  This one we call Vandor, his scales are purple, and he stands proud and strong.  Over the next two centuries, he continued to grow and eventually become a leader among the Dragons, they were fierce creatures and tales of their lives are still told today in the villages of Romania. This was all of course, before man discovered science.

It was with that discovery that creatures began to disappear as man slowly began to lose his belief in magic and thusly in the creatures born of magic as well.  During this time the Dragons called a truce between their breeds and the High Council met to decide what would be done to ensure their survival.  The meeting went on for many days and nights when finally the idea was proposed.  "We shall take Human form, blending ourselves into their world knowing that one day the magic will return to this world and we may once again take our place at the top." 

With the decision of the council being made, the Dragons began to make the necessary arrangements for the changes to come.  They would take their treasures and hide them in places they could find soon enough and be able to set themselves up nicely in the human world.  Vandor did this as well; he took his treasures and spread them across the lands and across the seas, hiding them in many places that only he knows.  He anticipated that he would not settle down in one place and build a home like the others; he would travel the world in his human form, learning and discovering things for himself. This would also keep people from being able to spend too much time around him as he knew that some humans would see through their disguises and eventually they would be destroyed.  By keeping himself on the move, he would at least survive for the race. 

Once his treasure was spread across the world, he made the transformation to Human form. This was a long and painful process that took many days before the change was complete and then took many more days to recover from the pain and get used to his new look. Once this was finished, he was ready to begin his travels.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

PurpleDragon

Part 2:

He headed out across the land through the mountains to the first village near which he had hidden some of his treasures.  There he would pick up some supplies, clothing, a weapon or two and continue to his destination on this leg of the journey, the sea.  Once he arrived at the coastal town, he found himself quickly hired on to The Nautilus, a large triple mast ship that was headed out for a journey that some of the crew was unsure they would return from.  Their Captain, Igor Romanov, was taking them to what he thought would be the end of the world. Vandor knew the world did not end at the horizon, but he could not tell them this as they would wonder how he knew such information.  He must not draw undue attention to himself.

He spent his time aboard the ship performing the normal duties as any member of the crew. While he had no experience, he did manage to catch on to how to do things rather quickly so there little was questioning that the Captain had made a good choice in this man.  He was strong, and worked hard, it was also discovered one night that he was quite skilled with a blade as well.  It was roughly a week after they had left port and one of the other new members apparently did not like the fact that the older members of the crew were impressed by Vandors abilities.  A punch was thrown and the sound of steel clearing leather was heard.  He shook off the blow and reached for his own steel.  The attacker thrust his blade; Vandor parried the blow, landed a punch of his own square on the nose which appeared to explode in a shower of blood and mucus. Vandor thrust, the blow is parried and the attacker attempted to cleave down on Vandors skull, a duck and quick turn to the right and the surely fatal blow was avoided.  The crew had formed a circle around them and watched the fray with sadistic glee, even the Captain watched intently. Vandor blocked another thrust from his attacker and another, then with a quick parry of his own blade he spied his opening, as the attacker drew back for another attempt for a downward hack on Vandor's skull, he moved in raising his blade and thrust it through his attackers' throat.  The sound of a blade hitting the deck is heard and then the sound of the blood as it flowed out of the front and back of the neck and hits the deck.  The fight is over, Vandor is victorious and the crew has some extra room in the barracks below decks. The journey was pretty much uneventful after this night for the next cycle of the moon.

A sail appeared on the horizon, moving fast in their direction.  "Hard to Starboard" came the call, as the captain made orders to turn the ship into a firing position.  At the rate of travel that other ship was coming at them, he knew they were pirates.  The crew stood ready, the cannons were manned, and loaded.  Silently they waited for the order to fire.  A muffled sound is heard in the distance, that unmistakable sound of a four inch ball clearing the barrel.  "Incoming" was the yell heard.  "Return Fire" came another shout.  The battle was on.  The pirates' ship pulled closer, the crew prepared to repel the boarders.  Vandor stood ready at the gunwale, cutlass in his right hand, dagger in his left.  The first boarder cleared the distance between the two vessels with a single leap, landing on the deck to stand before him.  Immediately the fight was on, these two men began their battle, only one would survive and Vandor knew that it would be him.  He was not going to let his life end at the hands of some pirate.  There was no audience this time, all other members of the crew were too busy with their own battles, this was not for winning favor among the crew, and this was a fight for his very life.

The sounds of battle could be heard over everything else, crew members from both sides were falling overboard or being pushed overboard once they had been slain, Vandor continued his battle with the pirate captain.  His own captain locked in battle with two members of the other crew and appeared to be holding his own.  Back and forth the fight was going, thrust, parry, thrust, slice, block, and thrust again. Biding his time, he waited for his opportunity, realizing this victory was not going to be as easy as the last; he fought and watched his opponent closely.  There it was his answer, after each thrust, his opponent turned to the right waiting for the counter attack, leaving his left side essentially unprotected. Vandor fingered the hilt of his dagger, watching and waiting, using his sword to keep his opponent off balance and focused on that right hand.  Here was his chance to find that spot between the ribs to thrust that dagger into the heart.  Raising his blade from waist level in a backhand motion causing the Captain to block with his own blade he spins quickly to the left bringing his left hand swiftly around before him and drives the blade home into the mans ribs, the sharp blades easily driven through the flesh and between the ribs to find the pumping heart, the blood flows dark and crimson from the wound as he adds a slight twist to the blade as he draws it back.  Their captain has fallen, the pirates are finished, and quickly they begin their own surrender in the hopes that their new captors will be merciful.

"Captain" Vandor called out,  "I claim their vessel as my prize for killing their captain, and I claim what's left of their crew as mine as well, what say ye"?
"Agreed" the Captain replied, "Take them now and may you find fair winds in your own journeys".  That being said, the other crew was only too happy to follow their new Captain as they knew that death would be what would be waiting for them at the next port for this ship.  Quickly they made their departure from the area, now flying the flag of Romania where the Jolly Roger once flew. "What do you want with this one" asked a crewmen holding up the Jolly Roger, "Save it for later" called Vandor, "We might need it should supplies run low".
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

PurpleDragon

Part 3:

The vessel continued on its journey moving swiftly ahead of The Nautilus. They would continue on this tract until they were out of site of the other vessel and then turn sharply south for a fortnight.  "What is our heading Captain?" asked a crew member   "Head for the Islands where the women are tan, and the water is blue, I have business there." Was the reply Vandor gave.  This journey continued somewhat uneventful for a week or so then the islands came into view.  Longboats were launched and the crew was on shore leave at these islands, trading goods with the locals for rum and food, and finding some women to have some fun with.  One man stayed at Vandors side, when the two were alone, he stated that he was hearing whispers among the men and that this stop had come just in time as there were murmurs of mutiny about.  The Captain told the man not to worry, as he would not give his men a reason to mutiny and in fact would arrange for any that chose to stay here to do so should they not wish to continue on the journey. He continued by stating that those that did continue would be well taken care of upon reaching the sixth and final stop of this journey.  The subject was dropped and that lone crewman sauntered off to find the rest of the crew to spread the word.

Vandor departed the village by himself that night and wandered, appeared to wander anyway, off toward the volcano in the center of the island.  This was the first stop for him to regain his treasures on his journey forward.  He had hidden the treasures on this island in a cave that has a floor of molten lava which no mortal man could possibly enter without being burned alive.  He walked in and found the spot where his treasures were hidden and began unloading the hiding spot and hauling the treasures to the ship throughout the night, storing them on the vessel.  He placed ten large gems, roughly the size of his balled up fist, into a chest on his desk. The rest of the gems and gold were hidden inside furniture in his cabin and throughout the ship in various inconspicuous locations not to be found easily by someone else.

This process went on for the next three days while his crew was enjoying the real food and recreation offered to them by the locals of the island.  He continued until the fourth day and made the announcement that they would sail with the tide on the next morning.  His crew agreed and since word had spread how generous he would be should they remain on board, all ten crew members were back on board ship preparing to set sail.  Once they were under way, he called the crew to the center of the deck.  He called for his first mate, Lars Gunter, to bring forth the chest from upon his desk. He placed the chest on the deck and placed his foot on top of that chest. 

"Inside this chest, I have each of your payments for your services to me aboard this vessel.  I add to the contents with each stop we shall make and once we reach our final destination, I shall divide up the contents among you all".

There were murmurs and mumblings heard, and one voice Lars' asked "Captain, I mean no disrespect, but how do we know there is even anything in that chest"?  Nodding, the Captain replies "You carried it out here, did you not feel the weight of it?  Did you not hear the sounds of movement inside of it?"  With that he reached down and opened up the chest for the men to see the ten stones contained therein.  "You see men, I am a very generous man, and each time we stop, more shall be added to this chest and each of you shall have an equal share of its contents, so I'll have no more talk of mutiny aboard this vessel.  You just had one week of time on shore with some of the most beautiful women in the world, and you were fed well by that tribe.  You elected to return to this vessel and this journey and for that loyalty I shall pay you handsomely upon our voyages end." With that, he closed the chest, locked it and ordered Lars to replace it in his cabin where it belongs.  "Set course for the sunset and steady as she goes for three days, we shall be stopping again for another week once we reach that island as well".  He then went to his cabin to be alone.

The crew could not believe what they had just seen, those gems were the size of the captains own fist and if he kept adding to it with each stop, each one of these former pirates were going to be very wealthy men.  They liked the idea of having a large amount of money once this voyage was completed, and they all swore their loyalty to one another and to the Captain and his vessel with a blood oath in the name of Thor.  The Captain overheard these ramblings from his cabin and a smile came across his face, he knew that each of these men would put themselves between him and a blade were it to come necessary. They made the next four stops and each time all members were ready willing and able to sail again when the Captain ordered them to do so. Each time, after setting sail, he would have Lars bring the chest out and he would open it so that the crew could see he was a man of his word and their eyes widened more with each view inside that chest.  There was almost no more room in there for anything else and the gems appeared to be getting larger as they went along their journey.  Finally, they were at their last stop and the Captain made a strange order; All crew are to stay inside the inn at the docks, no member is allowed to leave that location under penalty of all of them forfeiting their shares in that chest. He gave this order knowing that Lars above all would ensure that all the crew followed this order, Lars was getting older and his time aboard ship was growing short.  He needed that treasure to live out his days on land, he would be sure that nobody disobeyed this order. 

This freed up the Captain to collect the last of his treasures and prepare for his journey inland once he has sold off the vessel and unloaded the rest of his goods. For three days he took care of this and nobody knew what he had in all those crates and barrels he was loading up on the carriages.  On the fourth day he entered the Inn, the chest upon his shoulder, tossing the owner a small leather pouch he declared "I am renting this inn for a private crew party for the next two nights, you and your other guests will not be allowed here".  The innkeeper opened the pouch and immediately began ushering all the other guests out offering himself for anything the Captain needed.

"Men, you served me well aboard ship, and you followed my orders to the letter.  That is honorable and for that I reward you.  Lars, you will now divide up the contents of this chest equally among the men.  There is one extra gem in there, that one is yours for your services to me.  Take your treasures and do as you will men, the bar is yours for the next two days, drink up, eat and enjoy.  Then if you choose to go back to sea, there's a new owner of our ship and he shall be looking for a good crew, for those that don't wish to go back to sea, I shall be heading inland to find my land and build my home."  With that he turned and exited the Inn to begin his journey.  Passing the innkeeper, he tossed him another small pouch "to help in repairs" he smiled and continued on his way.

It was at this point that Vandor would have a chance meeting with the first woman whom he would truly know love from.  Her name was Amalphia, and she was truly a vision of loveliness in his eyes, and he knew in an instant that the two of them belonged together. Little did he know she too had fallen for him alas she was spoken for by another and he would not dishonor himself by stepping into that land.  On the night they met, she was still with child and because of his own honor, he told her of his feelings and made ready to leave her behind as he would not stay to become the reason she would disrespect her current Lord.  He would move on and carry her in his heart should they meet again someday.

Mounting up on the first wagon, he flicked the reigns and the horses began slowly pulling the wagon, each of the three successive wagons being pulled by two more horses slowly creaked their way forward under their heavy loads.  Moving inland over the next few days his journey takes him to a small village. He is met at the gates to the village by guards with weapons drawn ordering him to stop.  Pulling the reigns his wagon stops and he steps down to speak with the guards.  They ask him what his business is in the village of Drachen.  He advises he is passing through and needs a place to rest for the night and perhaps a meet with the cities leaders while he is here to offer his services if needed. The guards laugh at that last statement, saying that the city leader needs help from no man, let alone some vagabond the likes of him, but they would be glad to take him to the man himself. 

As he enters the city, a scent comes to him. He recognizes the scent and is sure that the cause of it knows he is here.  Following the guards he realizes they are taking him directly to the owner of that scent. Entering the hall they open to him, he sees a man standing at the other end. He looks up and sees Vandor, his orders come swift and loudly "Close the doors and give us privacy, nobody comes in and NOBODY is to disturb us under any circumstances".  The guards quickly close the two large wooden doors and post themselves in front of the building but in the middle of the street calling for one other to face away from the building to ensure nobody can get to the doors they had just closed. 

"Greetings Brother" said the man "I am  Paul..." Vandor raises his hand interrupting him, "I know who you are brother, I caught your scent the moment I arrived, as I am sure you caught mine.  It appears that there are fewer of us left than most thought would be. It is good to see you again; Paul was it? I have taken the name Vandor among men. Tell me brother, what is that symbol upon your chest?"

"It is CHAOS; I am CHAOS, as are all who live here."

"Interesting choice of a name considering what happened to our own kind. It is from CHAOS that we were born, and it is CHAOS which brought about our kinds fall from the skies with mans disbelief.  It is CHAOS that shall see us through this, and it will be CHAOS that once again raises us to soar among the clouds again.  I am seeking a place to build my home and live out my life, would you suggest this area or do you feel that we might draw too much attention to ourselves?"

"Here would be good for you, there is plenty of land, plenty of women, and plenty of ale to go around."
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

PurpleDragon

Part 4:

They sat, talked, ate and drank for many hours together, remembering the days of their youth when they were still in their natural form, flying the skies, taking what they wanted and living their lives as their parents and their parents before them had.  It was the next morning when Vandor moved onward to begin building his home on a plot of land just a few miles from the center of town, workers came from town to help and the work went quickly, his home was modest, and yet it was more a castle in comparison to the others in the area.  He was declared Lord Vandor by those that built the home, and he did not argue about it.  He spent many of the following years traveling and fighting for one cause or another, making a name for himself as a warrior in these lands.  The stories of his feats became legend, and then myth as the years past.

Time passed and Vandor had taken another bride whom he thought he could love, and did love for a time. She however felt otherwise and during one of his trips to the South, she would pack her things and ride off to the North to be with a man she had met as he was passing through the city. He received word from Amalphia that she wished to speak with him so he summoned her to his castle, she advised him that she was now free to act upon the feelings she had hidden those years before. He knew he must take advantage of this as this was the one true love he had desired all this time lest he lose the only chance of being truly happy he ever had.  She consented to be his wife they were married within six months.  She, and her children, moved to the castle to live, and their lives together continued on their journey. 

It was in this time after their marriage that life would begin changing for Vandor, his work would improve as would his own fortunes. His old friend Paul had passed away the year before. He spent time in mourning until there was a knock on the door. "Vandor, your presence is requested by the Avatar, (the name the king now used), "Very well, I shall be there shortly".

He made his way to the Avatar and upon his arrival, he is told to take a knee, the Avatar placed his sword upon his shoulder and asked him to repeat the oath,
"Woe to thee of Earth and Sea
As Chaos comes to abolish thee.

The people scream and run from fate,
But soon they see there's no escape.

The soldiers come to pillage and loot,
As mankind is ground under Chaos' boot.

And on that day there'll be such a sight,
As with it comes eternal night.

I swear upon my Honor
To uphold the traditions of Chaos
And to support and defend
my Brothers and Sisters.

Three Kingdoms,
One Banner,
One Cause!

Stand and join the Family.

He was now a member of the Clan Of CHAOS, His duties would be to honor the family, defend the weak, defend the women. He would spend his time as a brother to the other members of the clan, he would be known as "Lord Vandor, The Purple Dragon of CHAOS".  He would watch his Avatar Lord Carnage fall and his place would be taken by Lord Talon of Thornwall, Vandor would stand proudly beside Talon and offer his blade in honor.  Talon would serve as Warlord for a few years until he chose to step down from that position and appointed Lord Tazz as his successor, Tazz would call forth Lord Vandor, the proclamation was made stating that he would be known as the "Royal Harbinger of CHAOS".  His duty would be to be the mouthpiece when there were gatherings to ensure all could hear, and would listen to his words. He stands today before you as an example of the brothers of CHAOS. 

The time of Lord Tazz and his reign have come to an end, Vandor finds himself as a member of the council of CHAOS along with Lord Cyric, Chameleon, Akt, Savol Stormshadow, the decision to not have one single leader has been made to try and keep the drama of the past at a minimum.  In his travels about the land, he met up with Kilber K'Zar, Dragonlord of Castle K'Zar, in him he has found a kindred spirit and their friendship has built strongly as they have worked side by side in the building of another kingdom.  Many others have joined them in this quest such as Countess of Phoenix, Greybear, Fergus, Taarna, Lady Pepper, Valt and that strange Scottish lad named MacLaren.  He finds himself in service to Queen Elizabeth, albeit some strange circumstance to find himself serving nobility but alas, his sword has been requested to serve her, and he does not deny the request of one seeking his aid, as long as their cause is just in accordance with his following of the old code.  This mismatch of travelers, while odd at first glance, each has their special talents that makes them all invaluable to this groups quest. They work as a single unit and their tasks move along well without outside interference and management.  While some instances of management tend to cause roadblocks they must endure, they shall press forward to complete their task. I shall not divulge their talents that make them special, as I hope they too will soon follow suit and tell you their stories themselves. As to Lord Vandor?  Well, his saga continues through today... Who knows what adventures the future holds for Lord Vandor, The Purple Dragon of CHAOS.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Brother Octavius

I am the poorest of the poor.  I'm a follow of St. Arnulf the patron of brewing.  I ask for very little, I need very little.  Everything I have has be given to me in return for prayer and brewing theory.  I live off the goodness in others and I take confesion but only from the ladies.
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

Carl

Mainly I am Conte Carlos Guiseppi Valla of Turino My wife is the Contessa Gabriella Maria Valla and we are the true heirs of the Duchy of Savoy.Our lands have been taken over and we are now in exile.I sometimes travel to France to raise armies for our return then my alter ego Charles de Montcalm a Captain of the Musketeers escorts the Contessa through the faire. He is a typical Musketeer and guards the Contessa jealously.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

LadyMorna

I am Lady Morna...I have sometimes been called Morna the Red-Haired for obvious reasons!

My mother was from Irish nobility, and grew up in the Mountains of Mourne.  My father was a  Scottish sea captain and privateer.    My parents met when my maternal grandfather hired my father to help him with some business dealings.  He agreed to let my mother marry my father because although my father wasn't of noble blood, he did have money, which my mother's parents didn't have a lot of.  (He did later inherit my grandfather's title, though, since my mother's only brother turned pirate and ran away from home at a young age.) I grew up in Scotland, but spent a good deal of time visiting my mother's people in Ireland as a child.  My mother chose my name because it reminded her of the mountains she had come from back in Ireland. 

My husband, Marcus the Left-Handed, of the clan MacLaren, grew up in the Scottish Highlands.  He had become quite a war hero as a young man, and had been knighted for his service to the Crown.  However, his warrior days were cut short when he sustained an injury to his left arm.  He then apprenticed to a stained glass artist briefly, and soon news of his great talent gained him entrance into the homes of influential noblemen, where he was frequently commissioned to make beautiful windows for them.  This is how I met him, when he was creating stained glass windows for my parents' home.  I was not your typical young woman for my time and social class; I loved to read and I studied more than was considered proper for a young lady.  For that reason, it had been somewhat difficult for my father to come up with a proper suitor for me.  I tended to intimidate men who wanted a quiet little wife with no opinions of her own.  Sir Marcus was not intimidated by my scholarly ways, and I loved to find excuses to talk to him as he worked, since he had experienced the outside world in ways that I had only known through books.    My parents' dilemma was solved, and I was married off to Sir Marcus by the time he finished his work on my family's home.  When my father died, since I was his only child, he named my husband as heir to his title, so Marcus became noble by marriage.  Although he no longer must work for a living, my husband continues to do some stained glass work, just for the enjoyment of it.  I continue to spend much of my leisure time with my nose in a book, and also I love to sing and play an odd sort of harp that was given to me by my father many years ago, which he had come across in his travels.

(Dona Catalina, does this story pass muster, or are there some things I still need to tweak?  I greatly respect your opinion.)

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

DonaCatalina

Quote from: LadyMorna on December 29, 2008, 08:55:06 PM
I am Lady Morna...I have sometimes been called Morna the Red-Haired for obvious reasons!

My mother was from Irish nobility, and grew up in the Mountains of Mourne.  My father was a  Scottish sea captain and privateer.    My parents met when my maternal grandfather hired my father to help him with some business dealings.  He agreed to let my mother marry my father because although my father wasn't of noble blood, he did have money, which my mother's parents didn't have a lot of.  (He did later inherit my grandfather's title, though, since my mother's only brother turned pirate and ran away from home at a young age.) I grew up in Scotland, but spent a good deal of time visiting my mother's people in Ireland as a child.  My mother chose my name because it reminded her of the mountains she had come from back in Ireland. 

My husband, Marcus the Left-Handed, of the clan MacLaren, grew up in the Scottish Highlands.  He had become quite a war hero as a young man, and had been knighted for his service to the Crown.  However, his warrior days were cut short when he sustained an injury to his left arm.  He then apprenticed to a stained glass artist briefly, and soon news of his great talent gained him entrance into the homes of influential noblemen, where he was frequently commissioned to make beautiful windows for them.  This is how I met him, when he was creating stained glass windows for my parents' home.  I was not your typical young woman for my time and social class; I loved to read and I studied more than was considered proper for a young lady.  For that reason, it had been somewhat difficult for my father to come up with a proper suitor for me.  I tended to intimidate men who wanted a quiet little wife with no opinions of her own.  Sir Marcus was not intimidated by my scholarly ways, and I loved to find excuses to talk to him as he worked, since he had experienced the outside world in ways that I had only known through books.    My parents' dilemma was solved, and I was married off to Sir Marcus by the time he finished his work on my family's home.  When my father died, since I was his only child, he named my husband as heir to his title, so Marcus became noble by marriage.  Although he no longer must work for a living, my husband continues to do some stained glass work, just for the enjoyment of it.  I continue to spend much of my leisure time with my nose in a book, and also I love to sing and play an odd sort of harp that was given to me by my father many years ago, which he had come across in his travels.

(Dona Catalina, does this story pass muster, or are there some things I still need to tweak?  I greatly respect your opinion.)

Lady Morna

Sounds good to me  :)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyMorna

Gramercy, Dona Catalina!  Marcus also approves the story.

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Cpt. Black Shadow

Ahoy there matey's i'm Captain Black Shadow of the pirate dread ship Katie Marie I've sailed on this  ship ssince I was born i'd say bout 20 years ago unfortunately my crew always are no where to be found and it makes me paranoid plus its no good I get sea sick..Urp....excuse me sorry boutthat the thought of me ship swaying back andd forth  makes me Urrrp...sick again pardon me.. but when my crew is around they can be rather helpful but mostly annoying. Aye they are annoying but we do have some beatuiful wenches around somewhere. Argh me matey's hoist the colours high we sail for the channels of old england to plunder some british ships.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Tammy

I was born to the mortal world as Tammy. In this life I've been known by several names, Emma (a brief trial), Tamarisk (My Lady Goddess knows me as this), and some call me simply Faery.

I am Faery, I am Human, and I am the Protector of Raccoons.

I lived with my parents for 16 winters, before I knew I was of the Fae. Since that time I have learned of my kin, and now cross over to their "world" as I will.
At 28 summers I found my calling as Protector to a beautiful orphaned Raccoon (it wasn't easy, but I've found a way for it to be legal). She is my life now. Her name is Dixie.
If you would like to meet my daughter, you may check her myspace profile here... http://www.myspace.com/dixieraccoon 

**This is mostly true, I'm sure you can figure the parts that are mere fantasy.**

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Moldy Forest

Mine's a bit long I guess and is written like a story. I put alot of myself into my character, so it was easy to keep writing and writing.

Part 1

In here marks the story of a man named Giles of Suffolk. A musician he was and a pretty good too if I might add. Giles was always sort of different than the rest who lived in his village and even in the whole county of Suffolk. He didn't farm, raise animals, brew ale, smith, or anything a person would consider a normal folk to do. He loved music.

You see when Giles was just a boy he met a merchant who had just sailed in.  The merchant took kindly to the boy as he just felt that he was different than all the other children he had met. When in Spain, the merchant had acquired a guitar and learned how to play, but now that he was older and hadn't the time to play he passed it on to Giles and taught him all he could while he was in port. The boy had spent his whole life learning how to play the guitar and as many instruments as he could pick up. Now though at the age of nineteen he felt an urging to leave home and use his talents elsewhere. He didn't know where, but he knew he wanted to use them for God.

His friends and family (I won't get into them as this his story and not theirs') all supported his dream of playing somewhere else and earning a living, but they always doubted him too though. Some thought less of Giles for wanting to do something different, but he never let that get to him. He had dreams that he didn't let die out or give up on and he wouldn't let them go.

One day cloudy April day he was sitting down with his guitar and felt that it was the time to leave. He sat there thinking and thinking and knew it was the right time. He didn't want to spend his life doing something he didn't love doing. He went back home, packed his bag, grabbed his guitar, and went to say his goodbyes (much to the dismay of some and the joy of others). He then headed off to London with a spring in his step. As he kept walking across the grass he kept wondering if it was a good decision to leave, but continued walking even though he was afraid he might regret it.

After a long day's walk Giles said trying to keep himself company,  "I might want to set up camp for tonight and this spot is as good as any." as he rolled out a blanket he had in his bag and drank some water from his flask. After his camp was set up he sat and watched the sun westward- his trail to a new life. Then underneath the stars  a few hours later he fell asleep thinking of the day's journey and the next's.

Part 2
   As Giles awoke the next morning he felt an eagerness overtake him. He packed up his camp (it was so small you could hardly call it a camp) and started out his day strong. After a week or so of uneventful traveling at a quiet pace he left his beloved county of Suffolk and entered the county of Essex. He remembered hearing about the village Blackmore and an inn called The Bull and decided to stop there to rest and socialize as he met few people between the villages he stopped in. When Giles arrived at the outskirts of the village he came upon a blacksmith and his shoppe.

"Oy" yelled the blacksmith at Giles. "Whats your name an business around these parts an why have you a guitar slung around yourself?"

"My names Giles, Giles of Suffolk, I'm just passing through, and I happen to play the guitar."

"Well I figured that much out about the guitar, lad. Its just you came walking 'ere looking like- well I don't know what. But I do see your traveling with no weapons or 'nything an that can be mighty dangerous when by yourself. Come into my shop 'ere an I'll get you somethin. "

" I don't really 'ave enough"-Giles started to say as the blacksmith interrupted him.

"Play me a few songs on that guitar of yours an we'll call it even. No one round 'ere can play anything good anyway. He said as he headed for his shoppe. He then turned around, "Oh, by the way my names Allen."

Giles played song after song on his guitar while Allen sang (the ones he knew of course) for hours until it was late in the day. Allen stopped Giles from starting another song and disappeared into a room Giles had never noticed. Allen came out a few moments later with a dagger and a sword. They were nothing to fancy, but were fine pieces none the less. The dagger had a dark green hilt and the sword a deep blue color to the hilt's wrapping.

"I can't accept these." Giles said eying the beautiful workmanship. "They are much too nice."

"Nonsense they are already yours my friend an won't take no fer an answer. Now you should be heading on with your trip. Have fair travels my friend."

"Thank you." said Giles still astonished with Allen's kindness.

The two nodded heads and parted ways while Giles set off further into Blackmore towards The Bull for some rest. While he was walking he grew to appreciate the skill God had given him and how it brought others joy and new friendships.

Part 3

The next day Giles set out for London on his own path. As he did so he began to wonder really what he wanted to do. Did he really want to go to London to play music and receive attention from the king and others of high class? After meeting Allen the day before and seeing how much fun both had by music, Giles decided what he really wanted- to use his talent from God to bring people joy.  So he continued his journey to London, but in a different approach than before. He wanted to play for everyone all over England and perhaps in the world and please his Lord and Savior through his gift of music.

Nowadays Giles still travels around England playing for people and even trying to make others laugh (he is quite good at that too, but sometimes when not even trying). He tends to pop up everywhere so keep an eye out for him, you never know where he might show up.
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Keno

Mine is still being worked on.

First name Keno, don't have a last name cause I don't need roots to define me.

I travel most of the time alone living off the land staying away from towns unless I need to resupply.  Dressed in earth toned colors I can be wearing my armour to a handmade dress of my style.  I have a few daggers hidden on me with two small swords and a bow and arrows, most of the time I hide bow, arrows and swords in the forest when I walk into town.  I carry a bag with me all the time, torn, tattered, and hand sewed with alot of patches.  I have little training with swords, smithery, crafting, sewing. 

That's all I can remember right now.. I need to get back to that when I have time.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

VIII

I be Harry Tudor, the boy who maketh the tea, otherwise known as King Henry VIII

But I also be Captain Cuthbert "Cut-throat" Marooney at ScreamS

Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

MacMuircheartaigh

I am MacMuircheartaigh, of the lovely Scot Isle of Bute-son of sea navigators, and merchant mariners (and, rumors persist-pirates). I am the family brewmaster-in my brewery you are likely to find Scot Ales, Irish Stouts, and German or Vienna Lagers. Like many Scots, I am quick to anger-however I am a true friend to my friends, and a thorn in the side of my enemies. Dogs love me. Especially Australian ones.

I'm really just starting to get into the whole faire thing, so I guess my character still needs some work. That is actually the oldest form of my last name that I have been able to dig up from the genealogy sites, and my people did actually come from the Isle of Bute, off the Scot coast. By the way, they wont let you take a barrel of home brew into the Michigan Ren Fest. Trust me on this.  ;)

"Beer GOOD! Beer make BAD THING go away!"