News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So, did anybody else get an invitation to Ball???

Started by BarbarianQueen, February 18, 2014, 08:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbarianQueen

The Masquerade Ball, that is. Received a mysterious invitation with no costs mentioned, and only vague hints at the activities.
I did learn that if I buy a GOLDEN ticket to the ball, I get to use  the bathrooms, or something like that...

Terre Albert

More information can be found on the new website.  http://www.texrenfest.com/masquerade-ball/ It reads you have you own private restroom facilities reserved for ticket holders vs. the ones in the main ball room.

Proud to say we have sold about half of the first 1,600 ticket on the first day.     

KiltedPrivateer

55 for an invite and 95 for the golden ticket - hefty
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Terre Albert

So everyone can see what we are building, look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TT72TXOFj4

Make sure you look at what is offered before you judge the price.

8pm entry to King Midas' Masquerade Ball
•     Tantalizing hors d'oeuvres buffets until 11pm
•     Complimentary water and soft drinks.  Complimentary Domestic beer and house wine served until 11pm.  Top shelf alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Please drink responsibly.
•     Unique entertainment
•     Dancing
•     Commemorative party favor

For $55

Sir Martin

Thanks, Terre . . . nice virtual tour.  What will be the policy on photography at the ball? 

Terre Albert

Good question.

We will have staff photographers taking picture to build our morgue.  Other professional photographers will need to be credentialed and they can do that at marketing@texrenefest.com.  Other than that, I don't think I can stop or would stop personal cameras or cell phone cameras so that is wide open.  Hope this answers your question.

*Teach*

How about in camp transportation? For those of us who camp in the opposite corner of the campground that is a VERY long walk to make at 1am after a night of feasting and drinking.

*have rum will travel is my usual motto, but that's a lot of travel there*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

prothos

i would love to go but not sure i want to add the extra expense to the trip at this time. The price seems fair for what you receive in return. Was there a couple price or did i miss it.

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: *Teach* on March 20, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
How about in camp transportation? For those of us who camp in the opposite corner of the campground that is a VERY long walk to make at 1am after a night of feasting and drinking.

*have rum will travel is my usual motto, but that's a lot of travel there*

Sorry, Teach.   I will not loan you StudMuffin to go to the Ball.  You'd probably try to sell him for more rum.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Terre Albert

There will be a tram that runs during the night, you can also drive up to the ball which will have it's own parking lot. 

LadyJessica

I got my ticket and golden ticket the first night they went on sale for AHE weekend.  I figured that if I wanted to find out what this was all about might as well do it up right!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: LadyJessica on May 01, 2014, 09:17:24 PM
I got my ticket and golden ticket the first night they went on sale for AHE weekend.  I figured that if I wanted to find out what this was all about might as well do it up right!

Can't argue with that logic
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara