News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So Bristol basically was rained out?

Started by Vartha, July 19, 2008, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartha

Even tho Bristol still opened, the Employees out numbered the Patrons today.
  Well on the good side it wasn't like last years flood.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Have you heard the weather for tomorrow, Sunday?  With a 3 hour drive each way, I sure hope it doesn't rain.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Whistler Fred

Per the Weather Channel, there will be scattered thunderstorms, with highs in the lower 80s.

Hopefully the storms will be scattered early in the morning and late in the evening.  At least, it sounds like there won't be a steady downpour all day.
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Vartha

Well, according to my best friend up there, "not so hot, cloudy, slight chance of a stray shower", in any case Bristol will be open, just  a WEE bit damp.  ;D  He works at Serendipity.
  I felt sorry for the wandering Minstrels, most couldn't get out in the rain with thier instruments. Craig of Fairington sat indoors most of the day.

Lord Clisto of York

Bristol for Sunday is suppose to be only 20% chance of rain and nice most of the day. I finished performing up north and was going to go Saturday but the rain by me was bad as well and I am 20 mins from Bristol. But, I should be there on Sun.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Vartha

Yeah Cuhail, the one that works at Serendipity is the one I used to live down stairs from in the Foxlake/Roundlake area of ILL.
  He came home early.

Lord Clisto of York

Well, Bristol was fine Sunday but it was Humid as hell... Stayed in the shade and it was better so going from shade to shade worked well.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

peggyelizabeth

I was there on Saturday and had a GREAT time! I finally got to SIT and see the joust! The Noble's Galde was wonderfully different in the muck and I also saw my "nephew" elevated to lower nobility in the Kids' Kingdom.

When asked by someone at the Dirty Duck how I was finding myself that day, my reply of "damp" was good for a laugh!

Vartha

I hear the Duck moved. I haven't seen pics yet. I still picture the old Spot.

peggyelizabeth

yes, the Duck is where the Thistlecroft used to be, it felt very out of place.

Vartha

I bet it does lol, the Duck was in that spot for years. I felt that way when the Fairywinkles moved into Bubbles and Berries' old spot. :D next to the Duck.
  I also hoping to see the new Globe Stage. I saw a picture of the "refit" but nothing of the finished product yet.