News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

But what about Scratch??

Started by Tukaram, July 20, 2008, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tukaram

We all know Doktor Kaboom is doing well, but what about Scratch? 

Gordy posted this on a MySpace bulletin, and I thought some of y'all might like it.  It's "Ballad Of A Traveler"  for Hampton Inn.  It reminds me of the genius of Shell Silverstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Y0jf-BKpI 

Tuka

groomporter

At MNRF word was that Gordy was retiring his character "Scratch" and was going to be bringing out a different character.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DonaCatalina

There were rumours going around that Gordy AKA 'Scratch' was retiring for health reasons. Anyone know what's really going on?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Will Gamwell

I have not spoken with Gordy directly in a few months, but I do believe that he is in good health.  I do know that he has been working with a local company doing Corporate speaking and the like.  (www.topperformer.com) 

As for not bringing out Scratch...???  Haven't heard a word on that yet. 

groomporter

I just ran into him in my local post office here in Minneapolis. He has moved here and it sounded like MNRF is the only fair he's doing this year. He'll be doing a new character (kind of a poet I think), but said he might bring out Scratch for a day or two.

Outside of fairs he's been working on things like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Y0jf-BKpI

Will Gamwell

Ah the poet!  Sweet hillarity!  He has been doing that character in the Feast of Fantasy for a couple of years and either last year or the year before started to bring him on street.

Rage

He sort of brought that character out a couple days last season.

Sitara

It was quite amusing watching him recite his "Ode to a Naughty Tree"
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

renren

Quote from: groomporter on July 20, 2008, 08:43:21 PM
At MNRF word was that Gordy was retiring his character "Scratch" and was going to be bringing out a different character.
I'm sure we'll all enjoy his new character!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Charlotte Rowan

On the opening day of MNRF I saw him doing the poet in the morning (reading his wonderful Ode to Cheese) and Scratch in the pm.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Rage

Scratch as the poet.

Photo taken by Erynn.

Will Gamwell

He had a new one that he did in the last Feast of Fantasy...all I have to say is OMG!  Hillarious & wrong!

Rage

Quote from: Rafe on August 18, 2008, 03:03:58 PM
He had a new one that he did in the last Feast of Fantasy...all I have to say is OMG!  Hillarious & wrong!

Yeah the poems he read us fit that category...

groomporter

He kind of did a double take in front of our booth at one point, and was afraid he had something in mind for us, but he turned and walked on

Elkyn

Quote from: Rage on August 18, 2008, 02:52:15 PM
Scratch as the poet.

Photo taken by Erynn.

Oh my goodness, he looks so different when he's not covered in mud. LOL!

Will Gamwell

He stopped the lady and myself last weekend to hear a work in progress and is hoping to have it completed for next weekend.  So far, very funny.

I don't think I've seen him do his Scratch character more than twice this run so far. 

renren

I got a laugh out of his new character!
(The kiddos were out of ear shot, with Dad)
Yup, many shades of wrong! LOL!
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Will Gamwell

Hmm.... "Shades of Wrong".  If it is ok with you Ren, I may suggest that to him as the title of a new poem.

renren

Quote from: Rafe on August 28, 2008, 11:07:10 AM
Hmm.... "Shades of Wrong".  If it is ok with you Ren, I may suggest that to him as the title of a new poem.

Not at all, I think I'd like that! ;D
Renren
Wench  #  3783

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Will Gamwell

In the past he (in his Scratch character) used to do a bit with management on street about how there were complaints against him.  Very funny.

Perhaps this could be an extension of that with his new character..???  I will toss it his way.