News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

charleston/mt/pleasant SC next week

Started by Auryn, February 21, 2013, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Hey all
I am doing a delivery there early next week- nothing great- basically in and out
but I was wondering if anyone from the area has any suggestions of things we HAVE to do or eat while we are there.
I am definitely hitting up trader joes

anything else??
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Lady Renee Buchanan

We lived in Charleston, albeit a long time ago.  Not sure if they still do this, but they used to have nighttime ghost walk tours.  They were a lot of fun, walking around in the dark downtown and seeing actual homes that are said to be haunted.

If you like history, Fort Sumter is where the Civil War started.  They have a tour that takes you by boat to the island, and then a tour of the fort.  When we took our kids back about 10 years after we had moved, we took a horse drawn carriage tour and learned thing we did't know when we lived there.

I don't  know how the market is nowadays, but when we lived there, local ladies made Gullah baskets, which are expensive, but to die for.  Mine is 27 years old and still in great shape.

She crab soup is a low country specialty.  Shrimp, oysters and clams are local and abundant.  If you ask for tea, you will probably get sweetened ice tea, unless you specify hot tea or unsweetened ice tea.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich