News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's for supper?

Started by Baron Doune, July 20, 2008, 05:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: JimsDana on February 08, 2012, 07:43:06 PM
Liver and onion, for them....
My Granny made some awesome liver and onions...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

JimsDana

Made liver and onions once a week for my great Aunt Lou. Jim, said," You don't eat liver; you don't know how to COOK it! Proved him wrong! Still will not, do not care how it is made! Soon to be 50, (times how old you are) and have heard the same words of: "You have not had MINE!" (Iron, BURP! me a rusty nail!)
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

JimsDana

We do have leftover mashed taters; breakfast on the marrow will have homemade potato pancakes!
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Merlin the Elder

I understand what you're saying, JD (hey..."JD"...I like that! It's like Jack Daniel's!). Taste is, well, just that. Ours are all a bit different. I, for one, cannot stand venison, and when you live in Arkansas, "them's fightin' words!"  

I've heard the same statement you made, but with and Arkansas accent: "yeh ain't et mine!"  I do not care for any game meat.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 09, 2012, 12:17:28 AM
I understand what you're saying, JD (hey..."JD"...I like that! It's like Jack Daniel's!). Taste is, well, just that. Ours are all a bit different. I, for one, cannot stand venison, and when you live in Arkansas, "them's fightin' words!"  

I've heard the same statement you made, but with and Arkansas accent: "yeh ain't et mine!"  I do not care for any game meat.

its like living here in pennsylvania, i dont eat pork, and they live off of polish sausage and kielbasa here.

JimsDana

Quote from: kcdcchef on February 11, 2012, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 09, 2012, 12:17:28 AM

I've heard the same statement you made, but with and Arkansas accent: "yeh ain't et mine!"  I do not care for any game meat.

its like living here in pennsylvania, i dont eat pork, and they live off of polish sausage and kielbasa here.
JD I like that!
I think we all have "That" one food which falls into the "I can make you love it" conversation.

JimsDana

Brined chicken breast, baked with a mango pineapple pico de galo topping, green salad, and dilled potatoes.
Forgot the garlic grilled asparagus!   

Merlin the Elder

Dang! Saw this to late, JD, or I'd have dropped by for dinner!  ;)  That sounds really good!

JimsDana

Oh it was! It took Mom less than 10 minutes to come pick up the leftovers!
Tonight, summer sausage, sharp cheddar, crackers, and green grape iced tea.
(Freeze the grapes, to use instead of ice cubes.)

Rani Zemirah

Honey glazed roasted pork tenderloin, homemade potato cakes (I was inspired by JD the other day) and cucumber and tomato salad in a light yogurt gorgonzola dressing. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

amy

What we won't do for our husband on Valentines day.    Hot Wings and celery with Tater Tots.... Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert.    You can tell that was a husband chosen Valentine menu.

Merlin the Elder

Wow, Amy. That's a strange menu, even for me! Skip the celery, and it would be more my style...

DonaCatalina

Quote from: amy on February 14, 2012, 03:02:42 PM
What we won't do for our husband on Valentines day.    Hot Wings and celery with Tater Tots.... Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert.    You can tell that was a husband chosen Valentine menu.

We had beef enchiladas, broccolini quesadillas and chocovine for dessert. Also a husband chosen menu.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

JimsDana

Hamburger: white bread (I don't like buns), Garlic powder, lemon pepper, mayo, mustard, lettuce, grilled onion, tomato, white cheddar cheese, ½ lb patty, with a slice of pineapple!
Cold beer, chips, and pickle spear on the side.
(BURP!) Pardon ME!

The Rabbi

Buffallo Roast with taters carrots and onion with buttered potato bread = full belly
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP