News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Invasion

Started by Scarlett, July 21, 2008, 10:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev

I will try to attend the first day.

Actually, I might ask the day off.

Scarlett

The Faire's website says the BOGO coupons will be available at Wendy's.  However, I stopped by a Wendy's today and they did not have any/  I asked when they would get them in and was told by the manager that they "are not doing it this year."

Is this factual or an error?  Has anyone else gotten coupons at a Wendy's yet?
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Terry Griffith

I just talked to Lori and she said that Wendy's IS doing it this year but they won't have the coupons until late next week.  The Wendy's managers won't know anything about it until they actually receive the coupons and the info.

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Scarlett

Thanks Terry!  I'll try again late next week.  See you this weekend at GLMF!

Mistress Charlotte

I know that many of the Wendy's ran out of coupons this year.  So get there.   I also heard....  But never confirmed...  maybe someone else can.   But I heard that they were accepting napkins from Wendy's as coupons because they didn't have enough printed.

So there's that...........
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Professor M

Charlotte, I remember Jim saying something about that last year.  If there are no coupons, just bring some kind of proof that you were at Wendy's.  Hopefully they'll do that again this year.

That said, I talked to Lindsy, our Marketing person, and she reiterated what Terry was told.  The coupons will go out next week.  All of the Wendy's in the area should have gotten a corporate memo about it, but each manager has the option to participate (hench the phrase "at participating WENDY'S restaurants.")
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Drusilia

I'm going to try my best to be there opening weekend!!!

The job I have now wouldn't allow me all of weekends off for the festival so I didn't audition. Funny enough I got the first two weekends off in the end. 

I am looking forward to seeing everyone though! :)

~*Tina
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

TiaLD77

Well, so Far I know I will be there for Saturday,there may be an additional 2 or 3 with me not sure yet.
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Scarlett

FYI - I was able to get the the BOGO coupons at my local Wendy's today.  They should be out there folks.  Se you on Saturday!

Lady Celynn

I picked up a few extra BOGO coupons.  Just let me know if you need one.

chris the green

I stopped in the Wendy's in the Waterworks Mall and talked to an Asst. Manager, they are participating but were waiting on the coupons.  I plan to stop in until they have them out, I'll keep you posted.   {:(|)

PesterTheJester

I may need a BOGO if I can't make it out to a Wendy's this week

Scarlett

I grabbed a few extras too.  If anyone needs one on opening day, just find me.   :D

chris the green

I have a bunch of extra BOGO coupons, too, if anyone needs some.  I plan to be there bright and early before opening gate, just look for me in the parking lot!!  {:(|)

DuCoeur

My worthless Wendys on McKnight was out of them..or maybe the little idiot didn't even know they what they were...I will try other Wendy's over the next couple days....
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.