News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Invasion

Started by Scarlett, July 21, 2008, 10:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Chris, please be discrete about passing them out in the parking lot.  Security will take them from you.  Share them with your friends, but please let everyone else pay full price unless they go to Wendy's, too.

DuCouer, your Wendy's might have been out of them because so many people take more than they need.  I was a victim of that years ago at Subway.  They told me a woman came in and took a whole stack of them.  There were none left for the legitimate customers.

We have a new script for the gate show this year, and it's pretty good!  I look forward to seeing you all there!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

mumsies

Well...looks like just my luck...stopped in our local Wendy's, and even bought dinner, but no coupons. They had them, but they were out! Guess that's what happens when real life keeps me too busy to get out the door.

Terry Griffith

Alright, it's time for all those who scarfed up extras to speak up.  It just proves M's point if they are hard to find at the stores.  If you have family coming in the gate, that's fine but anyone who has extras needs to speak up and make arrangement to get them to the people on this forum.

IMHO, people who are going to the faire more than once (which is probably people on this forum) should get the BOGOs on opening weekend.  Playtrons add so much to the picture (even the pub rats, nay, especially the pub rats) that they should get a break before anyone else.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

mumsies

No more need to panic-I knew I could count on one of my family to come to the rescue...thanks Scarlett! See you all soon!

Lady Celynn

I have a few extra BOGO's so if anyone needs them just let me know.

Marilou

We asked for two coupons at the drive-thru and got ten. Hope to be at the gate by 10am (is that early enough?) This mundane patron is not shy about sharing. Esp with you fine people.

DuCoeur

I got some last night, and shared them with  few mundanes who expressed interest.

I have a few others and will gladly share them with others....But I am not scalping them, so iwhy would security have an issue?

I didn't p[ay for them, and am not reaping a profit. so i don't get it.  Why offer a free promotion (coupon says no purchase necessary), then whine when they are out there?  Will I ever understand these strange new PTB's?
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Professor M

Yeah DuCouer, this time I understand the PTB fully.

This works as a cross promotion.  That is, it benefits both parties.  Wendy's gets renfest fans to stop in and become Wendy's customers, and the festival gets regular Wendy's customers to come out and become festival goers.

When you hand a coupon to a mundane in the parking lot, neither party benefits.  Wendy's didn't get that person as a customer (or else he would have had his own coupon) and the festival doesn't get a new customer (since that person had decided to come anyway, at full price).

As you said, DuCouer, you aren't reaping a profit.  But you are taking away money from the gate receipts at the faire.  There may be no reason to care about any profit that the PTB may make, but keep in mind those gate receipts are also used to pay the street cast and the stage acts.  So who gets hurt in this?  Me.  Terry.  Jan.  Kip.  Any stage act who wasn't hired because there wasn't enough in the budget.  Any stage act that is making less than they might at another faire.  Anyone who wants this fair to become profitable and grow.

So sure, share them with friends and family.  Make sure all our fellow rennies have one.  I'm all in favor of it!!!  But I've also seen little old ladies actually stand 20 feet from the front gate and hand them out to anyone that approaches.  I hope you can see the difference, and that the second way is unfair to everyone involved.
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Celynn

What time is everyone planning to get there?  I think we'll be there around 10 or so...that is unless everyone else is going to be there sooner.

Professor M

The gate show starts around 10:30.  I'll be out to work the crowd, hopefully around 10:15.
~ C.S. Lewis

mumsies

I'm hoping to be there around ten..yes, hoping...and I know what you are thinking...but, I might surprise you! Looks like my "date" for the day isn't going to work out, Darla isn't going to make it...so, anyone unevenly paired for the BOGO...look me up! See you all soon!

Capt. Morgan

*looks outside at the beautiful sunny, breezy day and thinks about the driveway that needs to be sealed*

Hmmm...folks should be gathering in the Parking Lot, tailgating, laughing and hugging....

*Heads off to Starbucks for coffee*

Will be thinking of you guys and will do a mental "toast" around noon! Think of me and Dwyn as we slave away in the yard!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Capt. Morgan

Just got finished with the driveway...HOLY CARP was THAT a job! Hmmm...you guys are no doubt enjoying yourselves at the Pub (where else?) and the coolness of the lower part of the Shire! *sigh* Miss you all....
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Professor M

Wow!  What an opening day it was!  I have no idea what the attendance numbers were, but judging by the parking lot, and the crowds in the street, it was the busiest opening day we've ever had.

To all of you who were there, it was wonderful to see you again.  To absent friends, I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.
~ C.S. Lewis

DuCoeur

Quote from: Professor M on August 22, 2008, 03:53:00 PM
Yeah DuCouer, this time I understand the PTB fully.

This works as a cross promotion.  That is, it benefits both parties.  Wendy's gets renfest fans to stop in and become Wendy's customers, and the festival gets regular Wendy's customers to come out and become festival goers.

When you hand a coupon to a mundane in the parking lot, neither party benefits.  Wendy's didn't get that person as a customer (or else he would have had his own coupon) and the festival doesn't get a new customer (since that person had decided to come anyway, at full price).

As you said, DuCouer, you aren't reaping a profit.  But you are taking away money from the gate receipts at the faire.  There may be no reason to care about any profit that the PTB may make, but keep in mind those gate receipts are also used to pay the street cast and the stage acts.  So who gets hurt in this?  Me.  Terry.  Jan.  Kip.  Any stage act who wasn't hired because there wasn't enough in the budget.  Any stage act that is making less than they might at another faire.  Anyone who wants this fair to become profitable and grow.

So sure, share them with friends and family.  Make sure all our fellow rennies have one.  I'm all in favor of it!!!  But I've also seen little old ladies actually stand 20 feet from the front gate and hand them out to anyone that approaches.  I hope you can see the difference, and that the second way is unfair to everyone involved.

Again I say...why offer the promo if you are going to whine about how many are being used.  Wendys still gets the sponsorship...and the gate gets twice the amount of people that would normally attend....That is cross promotion.

Opening day was pretty good.  A few new vendors, altho nothing new as far as merchandise...The Shire looks great.  A few new building, altho still  no shade in the serengetti.

Congrats to Sadira on her new show.  Outstanding.  The Bawdy babes, now a duo,  Smart sassy and sexy as always.  And all the others....A very good opening day.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.