News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Letters of Marque?

Started by AnyuBoo, July 21, 2008, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Lord Figaro on November 06, 2009, 06:17:27 PM
True wenchie, but what do yah do with em once you gots em under your control and captured em EH!?!?!?!?
Tell them 'Close your eyes and surrender!'
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Welsh Wench on November 08, 2009, 07:52:11 AM
Quote from: Lord Figaro on November 06, 2009, 06:17:27 PM
True wenchie, but what do yah do with em once you gots em under your control and captured em EH!?!?!?!?
Tell them 'Close your eyes and surrender!'

*sigh*  Oh, all right.  If you insist...  ;) :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

irish boy

try this one.

Whereas by Her Majesty's Commission under the Great Seal of Great Britain bearing the date the 13th
day of October in the year of our Lord 1588, and in the 33rd year of Her Majesty's Reign.
The Lord Commissioners for executing the office of Lord High Admiral are required and authorized to
Issue forth and grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal to any of Her Majesty's subjects or others whom we shall
Deem fitly qualified in that behalf for apprehending, seizing and taking the ships, vessels and goods belonging to
Her Majesty's enemies, or to any persons bring subjects of Her Majesty's enemies save and except to any ships
to which license has been granted, and to the same to judgment in any of Her Majesty's Courts of Admiralty with
his do minions for proceedings and adjudication and condemnation to be thereupon had according to
the Court of Admiralty and the Laws of Nations. These are therefore, to will and require you to cause a Letter
of Marque and Reprisals to be issued out of the High Court of Admiralty unto 
_____YOUR NAME____ Commander of the ____SHIP'S NAME___  of about sixty three hundred and fifty tons,
mounted with thirty guns, carriage guns carrying shot of twelve, six and four pounds weight and navigated
twenty-eight men. Whereas the said___YOUR NAME___  is Commander to apprehend, seize and take the ships,
vessels and goods belonging to Her Majesty's enemies, or to any persons being subjects of France, according to
Her Majesty's commission and instruction aforesaid. And you are to keep an exact Journal of Proceedings,
And therein particularly to take notice of all prizes taken, the nature of such prizes, the time and place of
Their being taken, the value of as near as you can judge. Also the situation, motion and strength of
Her Majesty's enemies as well as you can discover by the best intelligence you can get, of which
you shall from time to time, as you shall have opportunity to, transmit an account to our Secretary.
Provide always that security be given according to Her Majesty's instructions before mentioned the said
Letters of Marque and Reprisal to continue in force until further orders, for this shall be your warrant
Given under my hand, and the Great Seal of the Province
This 13th day of October 1588
In the 33rd year of Her Majesty's Reign
By His Excellency's Command
Irish Boy (Gentleman John Blackpoole Landshark #49)

Molden

*chuckles mirthfully...*

Pish-aw...I dinna need no steenking Letters of Marque!  8)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable