News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Teen Rennies

Started by Saoirse_Anam, July 21, 2008, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylight

I`am well above teen yrs as well ,But I think this is great thing you have here a place for you and met people of your age, That`s wounderful.  I`am gald you all have this, I hope you guys met many new friends here and have great chat sessions.  However don`t forget that even if we are not your age we still love you all and are willing to be your friend always.  ;D

P.S> Dragon I love the name for your daughter that`s so rich love it.

Al-Nimer

Quote from: PurpleDragon on August 01, 2008, 08:08:18 AM
Oh, but you see, the funniest part will be HOW she says "Felony".  She has a sweet sing-song voice she uses when she wants to get her way.  I am going to tell her that she needs to use that voice when saying it and kind of draw it out.. sort of like "FELLLLOOOONNNNEEEE"  if you can imagine that ;) 
BRILLIANT!  I have a feeling our daughter (now eight) will be a lot like that in a few years  :o

Although I'm about 18 years past being a teen, I still feel like one every once in a while.  To quote Bryan Adams, "Those were the best days of our lives!"
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Arsinoe Selene

I'm 19. Someone told me I looked 12. >.< I do have a round face, like my dad. It kinda sucks right now, I want to look at least my age.

I have been interested in ren faires for a while. Only just recently have I actually gotten the opportunity to go to one. The first was a pirate ren faire with my friend. Second was while we were on vacation, Central Coast Ren Faire. I think I liked the one where I was wandering around alone better than the one with my friend.

I have a problem with shyness (bleargh), and i think if I am with another person, I kind of put on blinders. If I am alone, I look around more, and not just pay attention to what the person with me is doing.

I wish there were more faires in my area. There is one in SF, but I would have to take BART, then Muni, and there is no way I would go NOT in costume, so I would be doing that in skirts/bodice/blouse. It's a bit too much.

Lady Elizabeth

I prefer smaller crowds while I'm with friends that way we all get some attention instead of just a few of us and I'm shy to so wandering alone is a tab bit intimidating to me. Even though I am only 17 I do get the "I thought you were older!" line all the time from people. Sometimes it's flattering, other times its creepy but I'm not the type of girl who lets people believe I'm older than I actually am. I'm young and proud of it too! Huzzah!

HannahLeeDee

Well My name is Hannah and my home fair is Minnesota. I'm 17 (but not for long!) I turn 18 at the fair this year and am excited to celebrate my adult-hood with buying a dagger or something of that nature. I enjoy sharing my nerd-ness with friends and have actually convinced them all to come with me this year.

I am a huge garber and have managed to garb my whole family along with a few friends. I hope to work at the fair in college so who knows what fair adventures are coming up. See you all at fair.

eloquentXI

I looked much older until I got my braces...and now, it's like- oh, wow, there's the twelve year old.
*glares*
I'm 18! :P

I get the whole, "I thought you were older..." too Lady Elizabeth and hahaha, yeah, it depends on who I get it from.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Elizabeth

Yeah I'll be 18 in December. I miss out on so many things by having a late birthday. I can't vote this year, I have to wait a whole entire year to buy a new sword on my own and there are no faires at the time of my birthday. Oh the torture. I'll survive though as long as I have holly grove to keep me occupied for the next 2 months.

BagPipeBabe

I am turning 21 in September :D and I am going to TRF in October!! I can't wait!

Lady Elizabeth

Huzzah for BagPipeBabe!

Eevee

OMG this site is amazing i had NO idea that such a wonderful place existed.  :D I am native to Hollygrove and extremely excited to have discovered others from my faire. Its a wonder how we have never run into each other. Ive been going since i was wee child, although i suppose i stick out since i dont have a garb and it would appear Lady Elizabeth has a full set. For the record i am exremely jealous.

You guys are totally right by the way. Its not fair that we are punished merely because we are underage and denied the social interaction with the other Rennies that we deserve.  I hope to make it out to opening day if possible, i may be detained because i have to help my boyfriend move his things into his apartment. Hes going away to college and im heartbroken, i know by experience that long distance relationships fail.  >:(

Do any of you know where i can find some well made garb??

Lady Elizabeth

Quote from: Eevee on August 09, 2008, 11:12:02 AM
Hes going away to college and im heartbroken, i know by experience that long distance relationships fail.  >:(

I know what you mean. I've had my fair share of failures when it comes to long distance relationships. I'm glad to see more people my age who attend MiRF. I am also going opening day. Maybe we'll run into each other. As for garb my first set was a gift and my second set is new this year. I can't wait to wear them both. It's amazing to have options.

eloquentXI

Well made garb?
It all depends on how much money you're willing to spend. You will get well made, but for a price. You're bound to find something in your price range/what quality you're looking for.In my opinion, these are some of the best on the market right now for bodices. As always though, I recommend waiting to get a bodice until you can go to your home faire and get properly fitted in person. I bought my first corset online prior to going to faire without a fitting and it was a mistake, because although it was wonderfully made, it did not fit me correctly (too big, which is never good in a bodice) and I had to sell it-

The website is down, the last I checked but should be up soon- www.moresca.com
www.oddbodkin.com
www.verymerryseamstress.com
http://www.damseldress.com/
http://www.pendragoncostumes.com
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah to folks of all ages who love Renn!  I count many young people my friends and glad we can all interact and enjoy faire together!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Eevee on August 09, 2008, 11:12:02 AM

Do any of you know where i can find some well made garb??

I recommend www.oddbodkin.com  for garb, they are owned by a good friend of mine, and very high quality manufacturing.  They actually make all the items they sell, (no mass production from someone else and resold thorugh them), and they are rennies themselves.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Eevee

Thanks everyone for the much needed and asked advice but seeing as my faire opens this weekend i suppose ill wait and get some gear there.

QuoteI am also going opening day. Maybe we'll run into each other.
I had hoped to make it out tomorrow but i have to attend to bf, so hopefully i can make it out Sunday, i hope to go at least once this weekend. Hope you have fun for me though