News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Teen Rennies

Started by Saoirse_Anam, July 21, 2008, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Synikul

Quote from: Kathleen MacFerno on July 22, 2008, 09:28:57 PM
Allright I suppose this applies to me. I'm Cailey and I'm currently working for my second season at CoRF and adore every second. I auditioned when I was 15 and got on cast at 16 working as a magicians assistant in the Arsene of Paris show! Good grief I've gotten so sucked into the whole thing that now I'm only 17 (that's right not even legal!)

Quote from: Purple DragonMy daughter, is only 12, but she looks as if she were 18.  I have recently told her that her new Faire name is going to be "Felony", that way when the creepy 30 year old comes up and asks "What's your name", she can honestly tell him "Felony".  As it stands right now, if you ask her "What's the answer of the day"?  She will respond with "I'm 12".

Just an FYI for you, especially the father. My daughter is 9, and I have a bad feeling she's going to look older than she is in a few years too, so I know where you're coming from. Everyone thinks under 18 is illegal, but in the majority of states that's not the case. Kathleen, in certain circumstances, you were legal at 15 in the state of Colorado.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

jcbanner

but thats ones a sliding scale isn't it? under 18 is only legal if the other person isn't over 21?

aside from that, just because your under 18 or 21 is no reason to feel left out of anything at the faire aside of the pub.  I'm still in my early 20's and before hitting 21, I was always hanging out with the adult crowds, yet still young enough for it to not be creepy to hang out with the younger crowd too.

Kathleen MacFerno

ha! legal at 15.... my dad will love that! even if i am technically legal i still don't want 40 year old drunk men hitting on me! it's ok though because i have found that being the youngest of all the people i work with has made me like a little sister to most, and if any one bothers me there are many people around to put a stop to it! i found that out my first season when this guy who knew i was 16, hit on me for like 5 weekends, blech! luckily after a few words from my friends he never even looked at me again! i feel so loved!!!!!!

ps: sorry for the lack of capitalization... i have henna drying on my left wrist so i'm one handing it! ;D

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Synikul on August 17, 2008, 08:15:46 PM

Just an FYI for you, especially the father. My daughter is 9, and I have a bad feeling she's going to look older than she is in a few years too, so I know where you're coming from. Everyone thinks under 18 is illegal, but in the majority of states that's not the case. Kathleen, in certain circumstances, you were legal at 15 in the state of Colorado.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

Well, the age of consent in Texas is 17, however I as a parent can still press charges should I choose to do so.  Fortunately there are plenty of "aunts and uncles" out there at TRF I know she is being watched over by people that will do what needs to be done to protect her.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Codi Lyn

Quote from: Kathleen MacFerno on July 22, 2008, 09:28:57 PM
Allright I suppose this applies to me. I'm Cailey and I'm currently working for my second season at CoRF and adore every second. I auditioned when I was 15 and got on cast at 16 working as a magicians assistant in the Arsene of Paris show! Good grief I've gotten so sucked into the whole thing that now I'm only 17 (that's right not even legal!) and I feel more at home at the faire than i do most places! Plus I have met so many awesome friends through faire, so what if tey are all at least 6 years older than me! I love my "job" which consists of 4 shows a day with Arsene and another assistant in which I do such magical things as get cut up in a box, the parade in which i spot fot a firebreather, a tiny bit of front gate in the morning, and hanging out with/helping my super cool friends. I'm so thankfull that I got the spot with arsene because if not I'd probably be working at the front gate or a food place... YUCK! But i get the feeling that I'll be around faires quite a bit in my life but I don't mind because hey... it's fun!

Oh how lucky getting to work at faire! I'm seventeen also and have only been to faire once which was last spring at AZRF with my good rennie friend Kurt who's been in a guild and not gone since he got married and had his first baby (he now has two chillen's). The only thing keeping me from doing that is that on Saturday my family and I keep the Sabbath (not Jewish, I keep the Holy Days and seventh day Sabbath) from Fri. night to Sat. night and then I couldn't be there every weekend because I have not my own mode of transport. *sigh*
This year I am going to be getting a part-time occupation and will purchase my first bodice and perform my first persona (which will develop, no doubt, throughout the day, mwahaa) of Cordelia the Irish daughter of a pirate! ^_^ I'm pretty enthused and my family humors me, thus I thrive. Mayhap I'll get my little sister a costume and get my brothers to wear some sword-worthy weapon. :-)

Cheers my fellow teenagers! ~ Codi
M'name's Cordelia Lyn, m'lards and ladies... Shall I be takin' ye portraits with me film of yon Fuji?

Manwariel

Hello :) I'm an 18-year-old faire-goer. I went to GARF once years ago, and once last year, and once this year, and I'm looking forward to next year.

Codi Lyn

Quote from: Purple DragonMy daughter, is only 12, but she looks as if she were 18.  I have recently told her that her new Faire name is going to be "Felony", that way when the creepy 30 year old comes up and asks "What's your name", she can honestly tell him "Felony".  As it stands right now, if you ask her "What's the answer of the day"?  She will respond with "I'm 12".

Oh, my step-sister (it's weird to say that, we've gotten so close) is 13 and the most beautiful thing with a very athletic figure and the gift/curse to have matured very early. (Suffice it to say, I'm glad to be five years older, for I myself was a late bloomer and now I feel like we're on even par.) Anyway, I'll be bringing her to Faire this season at AZRF and I just hope that whatever garb we get her, or if she wears any, will NOT be a bodice like mine or anything of the like; else myself, her two older brothers, and her father will be after the unlucky lad who looks at her. Ha... but really.

~ Codi Lyn
M'name's Cordelia Lyn, m'lards and ladies... Shall I be takin' ye portraits with me film of yon Fuji?