News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Louis Faire

Started by Nitestar, May 07, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbanner

we might have a smaller faire ground, but between all the acts we have, the cast productions, the different parts of the village and camps, and all the merchants we have will us, there will be no worry about not having enough to do.

its a laid back faire though. no real need to rush to get anywhere, (unless your on cast, then it seems I always need to be somewhere) and with a few exceptions, its very well shaded, so you can get quite comfortable sitting back watching a show.

and as of Saturday morning, 7 days left ;D

Emerald Shaunassey

As of this date, it looks like myself and 2 of my crew mates will be attending the faire on Sat May 31/Sun June 1.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Once Debauched

I lied, I'll not be there opening day. BUT, I will be there Sunday morning with newly garbbed friend and Chicklette in tow!

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Once Debauched on May 09, 2008, 10:52:30 PM
Quote from: Lavender on May 09, 2008, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on May 09, 2008, 08:23:15 AM
Well due to the fact that I have to deliver an antique carraige(read old car) to a guy who is coming in from Emporia Kansas and we have friends coming down from the Minnesota faire on memorial day weekend, we will be able to attend at least on Sunday and perhaps part of Monday.  this will be a new faire for us so we are really looking forward to it. 

Tis a really nice faire.  Small and hilly, but very friendly.  Make sure you catch one of 3 Pints Gone's shows.

That's one of my favorite things about our fair!  Last year I heard a few people moan about how their feet and legs hurt after walking all day at TRF and never getting half of it seen.  At St. Louis you do a little bit of walking, a little bit of looking, a little bit of shopping, and then start over.  You can walk the fair at a leisurely pace and have plenty of time for anything you want to do.  I like to sit along the fence behind/off of the stage 3 Pints Gone performs on, sip my mead, watch the passers by and wave, listen to the show and when I find I'm empty I meander back the the dead parrot for a refill.

How many days we have left?

well we are not to much into shows, but we are into shopping, garb accessories, weapons etc.  Of course a good pub will always catch our attention.  just wandering around aimlessly, watching people, interacting with paytrons, these are our fun things to do at faire.  As it works out now we will not be there Saturday, but Sunday and a portion of Monday and then head on down the road to home.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

max and kate

We will be heading to the faire for the first time Memorial weekend.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lavender

Quote from: Once Debauched on May 11, 2008, 11:24:49 PM
I lied, I'll not be there opening day. BUT, I will be there Sunday morning with newly garbbed friend and Chicklette in tow!

Sounds like a plan. Look for me Sunday.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Once Debauched

Quote from: Lavender on May 13, 2008, 09:53:35 AM
Quote from: Once Debauched on May 11, 2008, 11:24:49 PM

Sounds like a plan. Look for me Sunday.

Not only will I look for you, but I shall call you endlessly once I enter the front gates!  Er... ok, maybe just once.  *giggle*
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Nitestar

Gee...  looks like we're going to have close parking...  and ample room to do whatever we want!  A Faire all to ourselves on Saturday!!   ;D  *evil grin rubbing hands together*

Buying a round is going to be easy!  One for me?  Why thank you!  Huzzah!

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Lord Clisto of York

Ah Ha... I see several seem to be going this opening weekend. I shall be there as well as about 20 other Bristolians as this is our annual trip and invasion for our "Outlanders". We will also be having a small memorial presentation in Jan Holzmans honor at the Dead Parrot later in the afternoon on Saturday. Anyone is welcome to come. So, if anyone would like to meet up someplace let me know. Right Nightstar and Lady Nightstar? LOL...We will be getting to town late Friday afternoon and going to Growlers as usual for dinner and conversation.

Lord Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Nitestar

Well Met Lord Sir Clisto!  Long time no see! 
We'll be glad to break a couple of mugs with you!  And so sorry to hear about your friend.  We will be sure to raise a toast and make a bunch of merry.  We should be getting in early Friday.  We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Wentzville.  Can't wait to see the whole gang!
Oh, is Magnus coming this year?  Might have to hide the flask......  ;)  LOL
Until Then,

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

TheFerret

I shall be making my presence Memorial Day weekend, come hell or high water. I apologize in advance for the weather.  ;D
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Once Debauched

OK, who is coming what day over Memorial Weekend?  I should be there Monday and possibly Sunday as well.  I'm not sure about Saturday.  Damn FFO (Forced Family Outings)
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Nitestar

Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!  And remember....  Speak French!!!!  ;)  lol

Remember children...  this year the secret passcode is......  make sure your trebuchet is peace tied to your belt.  ;)

Huzzah!  See you there!  Take Care!

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Malcolm

Quote from: Nitestar on May 15, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
And remember....  Speak French!!!!  ;)  lol

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Not if ye be Highlanders! We speak Scots!!!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

TheFerret

Quote from: Malcolm on May 16, 2008, 02:32:37 AM
Quote from: Nitestar on May 15, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
And remember....  Speak French!!!!  ;)  lol

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Not if ye be Highlanders! We speak Scots!!!

'Tis the same with the Irish! We dinna need any french!
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!