News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Louis Faire

Started by Nitestar, May 07, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amyj

Squeeeeeeee!!!!  Only 15 more hours until opening gate!!!!  :D  I have even convinced a brand new co-worker to come out one day this weekend!!!  Now if I can just get her in garb too!!!  ;)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Malcolm

Quote from: theferret on May 16, 2008, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: Malcolm on May 16, 2008, 02:32:37 AM
Quote from: Nitestar on May 15, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
And remember....  Speak French!!!!  ;)  lol

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Not if ye be Highlanders! We speak Scots!!!

'Tis the same with the Irish! We dinna need any french!
They have speech classes and a test for the cast members that play Highlanders at GSLRF. ;D
Can you imagine, 16th century Highlanders speaking Scots? ???
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Amyj

GOOD MORNING RENNIES!!!  :D  It's opening day!  (happy dance)  The weather looks beautiful (such a relief after weeks and weeks of rainy weekends)!!!  Raise a mug for a perfect season!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Nitestar

Opening Day was a Grand Time!  We saw Elvendrums, Three Pints Gone, and Lord Nitestar hung out at the Pub with the Bristolians including Lord Sir Clisto!  And speaking of Scotch...  they had some very nice Scotch there...  several tastes which made the bottle go away!
Stopped in at Fretwell Flutes and chatted with our old friend.  Since we hadn't been there in about 4 years, there were several changes, all for the better!
We did see the poor little trebuchet...  alas not on a belt.   ;)
Will have to come again as soon as work and time allow!  As this was the 10th Anniversary, we say Double Grand Huzzahs!!!

Lord and Lady Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

Woodland Artisan

We did see the poor little trebuchet...  alas not on a belt.

That has been corrected!   ;)    Come see it the next weekend.

Once Debauched

The worst thing they could have done was put a pub right across from the Joan of Arc stage.  *chuckle*

I didn't get to faire Sunday till after 12.  Got in the gate and saw Amy & Bob, Yay!  Got a mead, watched the Limeys, got a mead, followed Chicklette about for a bit, and by the time I got to the top of the hill it was after 3:00.  When you don't have that "Gotta get to the pub for a mead" drive it's quite surprising how much looking around you do before climbing the hill.  *chuckle*

*taps fingers against temple*  I also met a lovely couple with a mini pyrate in arms (an itty bitty baby in garb!  Soooo sweet!) and for the life of me I can't think of their names!  Forgive me, I have... ren-block?

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

jcbanner

I take it you found the kiddie pub?  I dont know the name of the place, but I heard patrons calling it that by noon on saturday.

Lavender

I missed you girls on Sunday!  :'(  My fault for wandering around mundane. I did get to meet jcbanner and Sir Clisto. I heard the new pub is called The Wooden Badger, and the wee pirate is Lord and Lady Orions month old son.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

guinea

Did anyone happen to hear how the jouster who was thrown at the last joust on Saturday is fairing?  From what I heard he may have walked away with a broken arm (?).  The other half and I had decided to watch the last joust of the day...what a surprise! Good thing that he had armor on. When we looked at the fence Sunday morning, it appear he had cracked some boards in half where his head hit (!). Poor guy, bet he had quite a headache.

Amyj

I heard it was only a broken arm and some bruises, but that was 3rd hand I heard it.  Poor thing!
Historically Accur-ISH

jcbanner

I have some 2nd hand info, so a little bit better then 3rd, but I don't know any 1st hand facts since by law, the med staff can not share that information.   his arm was broken right below the shoulder, but it was a clean break.  Other then that, Sir Malcom is a bit banged up, but otherwise ok. 

Lord Clisto of York

WOW!!! What a fantastic weekend indeed. Not only was the weather super, at about 75 degrees both days and clear with a wonderful breeze, but they have a third pub as some mentioned, albiet small but covered, and they serve GOOD SCOTCH... Not no cheap stuff either at the Joust Pub and rum at the other two.  And, extremely reasonable... WOOHOO!!! It was a good day and weekend...

Met up with Nightstar and Lady Nightstar, then hung out having Scotch with Lord Nightstar and catching up on time. have to admit, good Sir, it was all worth it. Didn't I finish one of the bottles? LOL... Also met Lavender on walk about on Sunday later in the afternoon. Yes, she was in mundanes and I didn't even know it was her until she walked up and told me. It was my pleasure, dear lady. I was very happy to have done so. *wink*

All in all the time there was fantastic and couldnt be a better start to the season.  And, for anyone interested, I have my pictures posted now. Here is the link -

http://www.sirclisto.com/stl/stl.html

Enjoy
Lord Sir Clisto

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Nitestar

Lord Clisto, it was a Grand Time!  Now you'll have to come down to Our Faire in Des Moines sometime and we can repeat it!  ;)  Huzzah!

Lord Nitestar
Lord and Lady Nitestar

ElderBlack

I and my girlfriend were there opening day and unfortunately saw Sir Malcomb get thrown from his horse. My girlfriend freaked when he didn't move for a bit. We are glad that he has survived and will be able to joust another day.
I am thrilled to say that Moonie the Magnificent will be at our Faire for some of the weekends! I lived in Chicago and went to the Bristol Ren-Faire and fell inlove with his humor and talent a few years back. I highly reccomend you take in his show if you get the opportunity!

Happy Faire to all,

ElderBlack
This is for women too, but every once in a while I must run some water through it....

Once Debauched

Quote from: Lavender on May 20, 2008, 06:37:09 AM
I missed you girls on Sunday!  :'(  My fault for wandering around mundane. I did get to meet jcbanner and Sir Clisto. I heard the new pub is called The Wooden Badger, and the wee pirate is Lord and Lady Orions month old son.

Yes, and YES!  They said you were wondering about in danes, but didn't have a clue where you were at that point in the day.  They actually spotted my R/F pin and asked who I was.  Did I miss the only day you'll be at faire?  Do I get another chance to meet you before you move away FOREVER! *echos into the distance*

I should be at faire both Sunday and Monday this Memorial weekend, but I don't know what time I'll be getting there either day, but I'm sure I'll be there till close.

Who is attending what days?  Anyone? Anyone?  *said in her best Ben Stein voice*
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot